Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days' Peter Reckell speaks!; TV Guide Canada Interview
Topic Started: Aug 6 2008, 11:37 AM (2,624 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Enjoy!

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Holding+out+for+Peter+Reckell/Soaps/Features/Articles/080806_peter_reckell_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

LOVED that interview. Thanks Nelson & Peter.

Jonatha

Love Peter! :wub2: Thanks so much for posting, Nelson.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Great interview. Peter is very open and friendly.

Thanks Nelson!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Thanks, Nelson!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Peter = AMOR! Love this guy! Great open and honest interview. Thanks Nelson.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Awww....Peter was my first TV crush too....:: wubb:: :wub2:

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson ... Great Interview ... great questions!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

That was a very nice interview..great job nelson..

~bl~
Member Avatar

I wonder who Peter was quoting that is no longer with us...thanks for the interview.

Dr. Chip

Thanks for the interview, Nelson!

You know, I don't think Ed Scott's going anywhere for a long time. If he were to get the ax from Corday, there just might be a mutiny. :-)

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Very nice interview. I loved the positive tenor of it. PR came off as a big Days fan without sounding phony.

Thanks Nelson.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great read. Peter sounds very open and honest. I like that. It didn't come off as him hiding anything. He discussed what he loved about daytime and even what he hated.

Quote:

TVG: Having been an integral part of the golden age of soaps, does the future of daytime depress you?
PR: When I came back to the show 13 years ago, I was surprised Days was still here because the industry hadnít moved with the times in terms of writing and production. I thought for many years we should accommodate our audiences because they have other choices. Back then, we had four networks, and no computers. Itís much harder to grab our audiences. We need to be edgier and get them talking to bring Ďem back.

I agree with him 100%. The reason why soaps have been so successful in the past is because they pushed the envelope of their time. I think the 90s were the very last "age" of soaps where the soaps had an identity, and we're still in that age now. It hasn't changed and that's not a good thing. We need to get into the new milennium. Look at shows like Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy and House, etc. They push the envelope and they're successful. Soaps can do it so much easier due to the fact that they're telling an ongoing story about a diverse group of characters. But that doesn't happen. It sucks.

Days4Life

Good interview. I love Peter Reckell.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Great interview! Thanks Nelson :)

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

He seems like a down to earth insightful guy. Thanks for posting!

King
Member Avatar

Honestly, that is one of my favorite interviews in years.

I love him speaking so frank, and I love the blunt questions.

Peter is awesome.

Tricky
Member Avatar

thanks nelson, wonderful interview and my first crush was bo also *heart*...i loved the way he held his beer bottle and the bike and long hair, tight jeans, etc etc...lol, the early days fo bo and hope is what got me addicted to watching dool...again many thanks!

King
Member Avatar

He was probably my first gay crush too, honestly.

I remember those scenes on Smith Island where he was shirtless in jeans with that long hair chopping wood! :lol:

And he and Hope used to take a lot of naked showers.

Those were the days!

Gray Bunny
Member Avatar

King
Aug 6 2008, 07:13 PM
He was probably my first gay crush too, honestly.

I remember those scenes on Smith Island where he was shirtless in jeans with that long hair chopping wood! :lol:

And he and Hope used to take a lot of naked showers.

Those were the days!
Mmm Hmmm!! Bo of the mid-90's made me quite *attentive* even though Austin's Pec(k)'s did as well.

Nice interview :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply