Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days' Peter Reckell speaks!; TV Guide Canada Interview
Topic Started: Aug 6 2008, 11:37 AM (2,658 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

lol....seems like Peter Reckell is responsible for awakening a lot of peoples sexuality, lol gay and straight.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm too old. I have to give that distinction to the Chris Kosechek version of Josh Taylor.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Josh Taylor was one of my first too Lady.

He and William Gray Espy on Y&R.

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Aug 6 2008, 08:19 PM
I'm too old. I have to give that distinction to the Chris Kosechek version of Josh Taylor.
Remember those tight jeans? They must have been sprayed on! But my heart belonged to Greg Peters.
Edited by Days4Life, Aug 6 2008, 08:47 PM.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Josh Taylor always wore those tight jeans and had his shirt unbuttoned about half way down showing off his chest hair.

He was voted Hunk of the Year I think in 1977. I used to have the article but it got lost with a lot of other stuff.

King
Member Avatar

LOL.

I just think it's great Peter totally embraced that question and didn't get all weirded out about it. He rocks.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

What a wonderful interview!

Good job, Nelson. Great questions. Peter was so open and honest. I liked him embracing his gay fans. That doesn't always happen and I like that. His story about how the name for his daughter came about was beautiful. I also liked the part where he discussed the future of the show. I agree with him that Days won't go away easily, with or without NBC. I also liked the part discussing his taking a pay cut. Days has alot of actors and actresses that I think will do that and would continue too because they love it there. Other shows may not have that luxury. It just goes to show you that for some it's just a paycheck. Someone like Peter doesn't seem that way. He seems to enjoy what he does. I think most of the cast at Days is like that. He feels he owes alot to the show too so it's a nice gesture on his part. It makes me feel good that he and most of the cast seem to care that much about the show that they will do whatever it takes, personally, to help it.

As I said in the MBE interview thread, I think Ed Scott isn't going nowhere. I think Sony supports him and it just seems like the cast and crew love him so, if push comes to shove, no matter how much Corday may want Higley, in the end he won't have a choice. Higley will have to go.

I do think Peter has reason to like Higley though. Higley likes Bo and Hope and then when you consider the plane crash, Shawn's death, the illness story, and now his current story with Philip and the vow renewal...the character of Bo has seen some of the best material Higley has churned out so she's been pretty good to him.

Dr. Chip

TVG: Are you happy with Days returning to its more realistic, character-driven roots? Are you happy with head writer Dena Higleyís work?
PR: Yes, I am very happy! I hope we never return to that fantasy style of writing. Chips in the brain? Returning from the dead? [laughs] Been there, done that. Iím lucky Bo hasnít really been involved with any of that, other than him being hypnotized once. People are watching reality TV, and we need to return to real life.

Sorry, Peter. I just read a spoiler about purple smoke and Stefano's latest scheme. That fantasy style of writing isn't over yet, apparently.

koos

I was gonna say...

Don't forget John's memory disc, too. I guess it's not as bad as flying beds and bleeding tree stumps...

Gray Bunny
Member Avatar

koos
Aug 7 2008, 07:08 PM
I was gonna say...

Don't forget John's memory disc, too. I guess it's not as bad as flying beds and bleeding tree stumps...
Bleeding tree stumps? Was that a Garden of Eden story bit? Can't quite remember.

koos

Gray Bunny

Bleeding tree stumps? Was that a Garden of Eden story bit? Can't quite remember.

SSK.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Nelson that was a very, very good interview. I love the part where you talk about soap crushes. I often watch DAYS with Co-workers and everyone had peter and drake as their first crushes...fun stuff to relive. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
Aug 7 2008, 05:07 PM
TVG: Are you happy with Days returning to its more realistic, character-driven roots? Are you happy with head writer Dena Higleyís work?
PR: Yes, I am very happy! I hope we never return to that fantasy style of writing. Chips in the brain? Returning from the dead? [laughs] Been there, done that. Iím lucky Bo hasnít really been involved with any of that, other than him being hypnotized once. People are watching reality TV, and we need to return to real life.

Sorry, Peter. I just read a spoiler about purple smoke and Stefano's latest scheme. That fantasy style of writing isn't over yet, apparently.
How is purple smoke fantasy style writing?

There can be different colors of smoke LOL. It's toxic. Unless I see demons and other shit like that on the show, I think it's ok :laugh: .

Dr. Chip

It's what happens after the purple smoke. I don't want to say too much here since this isn't the spoiler thread, but the spoilers indicate there is more of the same this week as far as Stefano goes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply