Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbits (updated)
Topic Started: Aug 6 2008, 12:26 PM (1,804 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* Matthew Borlenghi is coming to Salem to play Mayor. More word when we talk with him, later in the day.

* Bryan Friday is playing the part of the masked man, stalking Marlena, starting August 5. This comes directly from my pal at DAYS. Interestingly enough, Bryan is well known for his work as a stunt man, stunt driver or stunt double. Perhaps this is evil Bart?

* Brandon DeShazer will play Harry, the detective we've seen work the computer at the Salem PD.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

Matthew Borlenghi Joins the Cast of Days of our Lives!

A familiar face will be bringing some law and order to Salem! Matthew Borlenghi (ex-Ziggy, The Bold and the Beautiful; ex-Brian, All My Children) personally contacted Soaps.com to let us know he will be joining the Days of Our Lives cast as the Mayor of Salem.

Regarding the details of his new character, Borlenghi previewed, “At this time, I don't know to what capacity I will be used, but I know that I will be working with the characters of Roman and [Abe], the Chief and Commissioner of SPD, and will be shaking things up regarding Stefano.” That certainly sounds intriguing!

While he’s been away from soaps for a few years, Matthew worked with many fellow soaps stars in the movie he wrote and starred in, Jack Rio. As for how he feels about coming back to soaps after all this time, Matthew said, “I'm thrilled to be a part of a giant show like Days of Our Lives. Over the years, no matter how many other mediums I've worked in, I've had a desire to return to daytime TV in that 'special role'. I think the Mayor of Salem is that role.”

Aside from his project "Jack Rio," Borlenghi has certainly kept busy, appearing in episodes of “Dexter,” “Without a Trace” and “Standoff,” as well as the movies “The Hit,” “Cougar Club,” and most recently, “Skeletons in the Desert,” also starring Justin Torkildsen (ex-Rick, B&B) and Tanisha Lynn (ex-Dani, AMC).

Soaps.com would like to congratulate Matthew on his new role and can’t wait to see what the new mayor has planned for the citizens of Salem.

Soaps.com
Edited by Angie79, Aug 7 2008, 12:59 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Angie79
Aug 6 2008, 12:26 PM
* Matthew Borlenghi is coming to Salem to play Mayor. More word when we talk with him, later in the day.

* Bryan Friday is playing the part of the masked man, stalking Marlena, starting August 5. This comes directly from my pal at DAYS. Interestingly enough, Bryan is well known for his work as a stunt man, stunt driver or stunt double. Perhaps this is evil Bart?

* Brandon DeShazer will play Harry, the detective we've seen work the computer at the Salem PD.

Thanks Angie! lol I've been thinking it's Bart. That's so interesting!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I do not want Bart back.

Jonatha

Ellie
Aug 6 2008, 12:38 PM
Angie79

Hmmm, I wonder if the old audition script about Philip running for mayor of Salem is back in the works. Interesting and thanks for posting, Angie.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Aug 6 2008, 01:20 PM
I do not want Bart back.
Nor do I!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

i loved Bart. That being said....enough of people being brought back from the dead! Overkill, anyone?
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 6 2008, 01:47 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't want Bart back, either. It would be stupid and an unnecessary waste of money.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 6 2008, 01:22 PM
Ellie
Angie79

Hmmm, I wonder if the old audition script about Philip running for mayor of Salem is back in the works. Interesting and thanks for posting, Angie.
Great minds, Jonny. ;) I hope that IS the case. I'm also with those that DO NOT want Bart back.

Thanks, Angie!

jane1978

Pearly_Moon
Aug 6 2008, 02:11 PM
Jonatha
Aug 6 2008, 01:22 PM
Ellie
Angie79

Great minds, Jonny. ;) I hope that IS the case. I'm also with those that DO NOT want Bart back.

Thanks, Angie!
I quess this is the case. Dena just secured her position with the show and we have both players, Phillip and Paul, back in the game.

Well, if it means more angst for Phorgan, I´m all for it. ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't want Bart back either. Cool that Matthew Borlenghi is playing Mayor, I loved him as Brian Bodine on AMC.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Interesting.

I wonder if the Philip as mayor thing will come into play. It's been hinted at before with Victor and Kate I believe way back when. I think it could be cool.

As for Bart, it's just a waste. I love Steve and I know he got a raw deal and Days and Corday may be trying to make it up to him but it just isn't needed. He adds nothing. The show has enough comic relief IMO. It doesn't need an evil Bart either. That's just dumb as the whole evil twin thing is just too random in this case and it's done enough as is.

Watching the masked man after Marlena in tomorrow's episode...I have to admit he kind of reminded me of Drake. The face under it looked like him LOL. I know it's not but it looked like him to me.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 7 2008, 12:24 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

A familiar face will be bringing some law and order to Salem! Matthew Borlenghi (ex-Ziggy, The Bold and the Beautiful; ex-Brian, All My Children) personally contacted Soaps.com to let us know he will be joining the Days of Our Lives cast as the Mayor of Salem.

Regarding the details of his new character, Borlenghi previewed, “At this time, I don't know to what capacity I will be used, but I know that I will be working with the characters of Roman and [Abe], the Chief and Commissioner of SPD, and will be shaking things up regarding Stefano.” That certainly sounds intriguing!

While he’s been away from soaps for a few years, Matthew worked with many fellow soaps stars in the movie he wrote and starred in, Jack Rio. As for how he feels about coming back to soaps after all this time, Matthew said, “I'm thrilled to be a part of a giant show like Days of Our Lives. Over the years, no matter how many other mediums I've worked in, I've had a desire to return to daytime TV in that 'special role'. I think the Mayor of Salem is that role.”

Aside from his project "Jack Rio," Borlenghi has certainly kept busy, appearing in episodes of “Dexter,” “Without a Trace” and “Standoff,” as well as the movies “The Hit,” “Cougar Club,” and most recently, “Skeletons in the Desert,” also starring Justin Torkildsen (ex-Rick, B&B) and Tanisha Lynn (ex-Dani, AMC).

Soaps.com would like to congratulate Matthew on his new role and can’t wait to see what the new mayor has planned for the citizens of Salem.

Soaps.com

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 7 2008, 12:56 AM

Soaps.com
Wow, he's a familiar face..Wasn't Brian together with Kelly Ripa's character on AMC?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kevc1980
Aug 7 2008, 02:56 AM
Wow, he's a familiar face..Wasn't Brian together with Kelly Ripa's character on AMC?
He sure was, Brian & Hayley were awesome together.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Mulder
Aug 7 2008, 04:41 PM
Kevc1980
Aug 7 2008, 02:56 AM
He sure was, Brian & Hayley were awesome together.
I thought that was him..Great casting by Days..Love that they are getting strong actors for these supporting and even guest roles..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Me too, Kev. It makes a big difference as more experienced actors and actresses can make even the crappy roles work.

Look forward to this. Wonder what will happen that will require the Mayor to get involved.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 8 2008, 02:29 PM.

daisysmommy

Skeletons in the Desert? Fer no joke? Anyway, hopefully he'll be good!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I want Bart back....sorry, love him. :)

Tricky
Member Avatar

i love bart and have missed him since he left...i see i am the minority here again with who i like...thats cool, i just loved the humor he brought to the canvas and how he would always eat pie :)

and i have to be glad that dool brings back people from the dead hence we have john back now if i can just get andre too i will be in heaven lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply