Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Backstage Drama at DAYS
Topic Started: Aug 6 2008, 01:03 PM (4,833 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hunterforrester
Aug 6 2008, 05:34 PM
This is why I hated reporting this story, because my top priority are the readers/viewers. I hate DH with all my being, but right is right, and she has a case if the allegations are true. She's complaining not make her shit smell good, but to avoid the scabbing charges. Pure and simple. That's why she also praised RC from OLTL recently. But according to my WGA sources, she's not getting off scott free because they don't respect her, but will still treat these two DIFFERENT cases separately.
Then she is a low-life if she's determined to take people down with her. And like cubsfan and I both say, she's like the schoolkid who got caught and is determined to point fingers and say "But see what HE did?"
Instead of being an adult about it, she's made herself more of a pariah in the end.
Gads, what an immature twit.This disgusts me so much........
:soapbox: :soapbox:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

hunterforrester
Aug 6 2008, 03:38 PM
Okay, I admit: it was Macdonald Carey's ghost!
LOL....I had just eaten a hand full of granola when I read that and almost choked to death!!!!

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Aug 6 2008, 05:50 PM
hunterforrester
This is why I hated reporting this story, because my top priority are the readers/viewers. I hate DH with all my being, but right is right, and she has a case if the allegations are true. She's complaining not make her shit smell good, but to avoid the scabbing charges. Pure and simple. That's why she also praised RC from OLTL recently. But according to my WGA sources, she's not getting off scott free because they don't respect her, but will still treat these two DIFFERENT cases separately.
Then she is a low-life if she's determined to take people down with her. And like cubsfan and I both say, she's like the schoolkid who got caught and is determined to point fingers and say "But see what HE did?"
Instead of being an adult about it, she's made herself more of a pariah in the end.
Gads, what an immature twit.This disgusts me so much........
:soapbox: :soapbox:
She goes out of her way to make herself disliked, doesn't she?

Mason
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 6 2008, 04:16 PM
The only Higley involvement is that she complained to the WGA, and Ken Corday agreed with her complaints.
I knew that hypocritical bitch was the one running her mouth off to the WGA. Obviously, her own security is more important to her than the wellbeing of DAYS, as a whole. And of course Corday will back her up, considering how far down Higley's throat his cock is. The whole thing makes me sick.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I told you it was a big story, because either way these idiots in charge are signing their soap's death warrant. It is quite fascinating on many levels especially ethically BUT if they could only somehow manage to communicate that drama on-screen THEY MAY HAVE A SHOT!

cjknick
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 6 2008, 06:36 PM
I told you it was a big story, because either way these idiots in charge are signing their soap's death warrant. It is quite fascinating on many levels especially ethically BUT if they could only somehow manage to communicate that drama on-screen THEY MAY HAVE A SHOT!
It may be a big story for those who are posting on boards like this but for average viewer NOT SO MUCH! Days will be fine. The story will die and those of us who watch for this stuff will be waiting for the next big scoop. And that Nelson is your job to keep the scoops coming.

Tricky
Member Avatar

i have no idea what happened with june/july...but the first three weeks of august sound great to me and if dena is writing it...i am behind her....thanks for posting.

and i wanna tell nelson thanks again for bringing us the information he was privy too, i hope he is not discouraged from doing so again in the future.

FanODays

hunterforrester
The scabbing and this case should be kept separate byt the WGA but I get the feeling, and this is only my opinion, that Higley isn't treating it that way. I remember reading something just before this story broke about how badly Higley and Scott got along and then WHAM.......this gets put out there. I don't believe in coincidences and this so wasn't one.

Its obvious that Higley doesn't have the respect that Scott has, how many interviews have we heard where her praises were sung? I've heard token nods but that is it.

FanODays

cjknick
Aug 6 2008, 06:50 PM
hunterforrester
It may be a big story for those who are posting on boards like this but for average viewer NOT SO MUCH! Days will be fine. The story will die and those of us who watch for this stuff will be waiting for the next big scoop. And that Nelson is your job to keep the scoops coming.
I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. Days won't be fine, not as long as Higley is there because all of this drama aside, the facts are that Days is losing viewers and with the Olympics break coming where they will be taking a side trip storyline-wise, I don't think it will ever recover.

The real damage that has been done is that, as was reported, shows will be taped with the scripts that are issued. You can bet that means no tweaking and the actors and Scott are going to think twice before asking for something to be changed.

I truly fear this is the beginning of the end.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

FanODays
Aug 6 2008, 07:33 PM
cjknick
Aug 6 2008, 06:50 PM
hunterforrester
I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. Days won't be fine, not as long as Higley is there because all of this drama aside, the facts are that Days is losing viewers and with the Olympics break coming where they will be taking a side trip storyline-wise, I don't think it will ever recover.

The real damage that has been done is that, as was reported, shows will be taped with the scripts that are issued. You can bet that means no tweaking and the actors and Scott are going to think twice before asking for something to be changed.

I truly fear this is the beginning of the end.
You bring up a good point. Even if they got rid of Scott, what's to keep Higley from throwing a fit the next time someone crosses her and finding minute things on them? She's an albatross, if she's like this, an albatross in diva's clothing. Damn, she needs to write blackmailing stories.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Steve Frame
Aug 6 2008, 05:09 PM
I know it is not worth repeating again, but Ed Scott has been fired from a show before and we do not know the exact reason why. But we do know that writers - prominent soap opera writers like Kay Alden do not like him. Kay Alden is the one who got him fired from Y&R. William Bell did the firing.

Brenda Dickson said she had problems with Ed Scott giving the best stories to MTS.

Ed Scott does not have a perfectly unblemished record.

As to Higley and scabbing, I point out again - YOU HAVE TO HAVE PROOF BEFORE YOU CAN FIRE SOMEONE OR EVEN FINE THEM.

As much as the WGA is wanting to make a scapegoat of someone for scabbing during the strike if there was proof out there that Higley did - you better believe the WGA would have already fried her ass.

I don't doubt that she did scab - the extent of her scabbing I am not so sure - whether it was actual writing or just guiding the writing. If she never wrote anything then there is nothing they can do to her anyway.

All I know is that whatever reason Ed Scott did this for or whoever it was wrong. You can't justify doing something wrong even if it is for the right reason. In the end whatever reason it was for, it has caused Days more problems. And that is all that matters to me. Even if he had good intentions, in the end this could very well cause the end of Days or big enough fines that someone could end up losing their jobs. And I am not talking about him, but most of the time when money is cut guess who pays - the performers that we love - that's who.
This is the most logical thing I've read and I agree. I think it's a personality clash more than anything. Neither are probably 100% to blame as is usual in all disagreements.

Deleted User
Deleted User

hunterforrester
Aug 6 2008, 04:16 PM
Also, just because you quote one source in a story, doesn't mean it's your only one! U need two to confirm a story or a fact. The only Higley involvement is that she complained to the WGA, and Ken Corday agreed with her complaints. There's a tad more to the story in this Friday's SUDS about Corday's involvement.
Exactly. Though I've criticized Nelson before, I've always enjoyed Suds. And didn't think twice about criticizing this report (that is, I didn't criticize it) because something so huge has to be double-sourced. That should be a given!

But on another note, I REALLY can't wait to hear more about this. It's my favorite soap (the backstage stuff!)! Talk about your cliffhangers!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks for the updates, Nelson.

Look forward to Friday's column and hearing more about the Corday angle of this. Now that more media outlets have picked this story up and are at least mentioning it, I think it helps validate Nelson and his reporting of it. I don't think any other outlets would even consider mentioning it in a fashion like this if it wasn't a big deal or something that isn't at all what it seems like.

I do think others are right and that this is more of a way for Higley to cover her ass and maybe Corday bought her shit and thought it was a bigger deal then it was. All I know is the cast, crew, and Sony seem to support Ed so Corday may have no choice in the end but to let Higley go if it comes down to it. I do think he will wait until things calm down before making a move of that kind though.

Also, color me shocked that SOD even reported this much. I figured they would just mention Nelson's article and make it all sound like less then it was but the fact they actually said as much as they did in the magazine article is a shock to me, personally. I was expecting a vague blurb or something like the story they had on the SSK story when the net was on fire with rumors that the dead were alive. SOD revealed nothing in that story and quoted setsiders who used the same "nothing has changed" BS. That is why I don't buy any of this. I think SOD is afraid to piss off Days and lose any coverage so they are being cautious (I think they have a good idea what is going on because they have sources but they can only go so far without spurning Days) and I think Days is doing damage control and is going to let things settle down before addressing or doing anything.

I'm glad they at least did this much. That's a step in the right direction in terms of coverage.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 7 2008, 01:02 AM.

Jonatha

From SOW: (not much)

Write or Wrong?

Rumors abound about Dena Higley's status as Days of Our Lives' head writer, but at press time she was still at the helm. A behind-the-scenes source reports the Days cast and crew heard rumblings about a move and were told there would be "an announcement" regarding the status of the writing staff on July 29. However, the day came and went with no update. A Days spokesperson would only say, "No comment."

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ooooo juicy, thanks for posting....Makes me wonder what is going to happen to DOOLS...things are mighty bad in the ratings.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

This is from one of those posters that is always doing stats over at SON (they have several now). Thought this was interesting:

Quote:

DOOL hit its peak for the year (and its largest number in 13 months) in mid-Feb. Since then, the show has lost 700,000 total viewers, almost 25% of its total. 2/3 of those are in Women 18-49. This is FAR worse than soaps as a whole, which has also declined. Something needs to change, and fast.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Steve Frame
Aug 7 2008, 10:25 AM
This is from one of those posters that is always doing stats over at SON (they have several now). Thought this was interesting:

Quote:

DOOL hit its peak for the year (and its largest number in 13 months) in mid-Feb. Since then, the show has lost 700,000 total viewers, almost 25% of its total. 2/3 of those are in Women 18-49. This is FAR worse than soaps as a whole, which has also declined. Something needs to change, and fast.
They actually were not doing too bad until the first part of June ... holding steady till then and then things went all to Hell in a hurry!

http://members.aol.com/jason47b/pressrelease.html

NIELSEN RATINGS:

WEEK OF JULY 21-JULY 25, 2008
7. Days of Our Lives NBC 1.8/06

WEEK OF JULY 14-JULY 18, 2008

WEEK OF JULY 7-JULY 11, 2008
7. Days of Our Lives NBC 1.9/06

WEEK OF JUNE 30-JULY 4, 2008

N/A. Days of Our Lives NBC N/A*

WEEK OF JUNE 23-JUNE 27, 2008
5. Days of Our Lives NBC 1.9/06

WEEK OF JUNE 16-JUNE 20, 2008
6. Days of Our Lives NBC 1.9/06

WEEK OF JUNE 9-JUNE 13, 2008
6. Days of Our Lives NBC 1.9/06

WEEK OF JUNE 2-JUNE 6, 2008

WEEK OF MAY 26-MAY 30, 2008
6. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.0/07

WEEK OF MAY 19-MAY 23, 2008
5. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.1/07

WEEK OF MAY 12-MAY 16, 2008
4. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.1/07

WEEK OF MAY 5-MAY 9, 2008

WEEK OF APRIL 28-MAY 2, 2008

WEEK OF APRIL 21-APRIL 25, 2008

WEEK OF APRIL 14-APRIL 18, 2008
5. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.0/07

WEEK OF APRIL 7-APRIL 11, 2008

WEEK OF MARCH 31-APRIL 4, 2008
3. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.1/07

WEEK OF MARCH 24-MARCH 28, 2008

WEEK OF MARCH 17-MARCH 21, 2008
5. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.2/07

WEEK OF MARCH 10-MARCH 14, 2008

WEEK OF MARCH 3-MARCH 7, 2008
4. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.2/07

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 25-FEBRUARY 29, 2008

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 18-FEBRUARY 22, 2008
3. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.4/07

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 11-FEBRUARY 15, 2008

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 4-FEBRUARY 8, 2008

WEEK OF JANUARY 28-FEBRUARY 1, 2008

WEEK OF JANUARY 21-JANUARY 25, 2008
7. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.1/06

WEEK OF JANUARY 14-JANUARY 18, 2008

WEEK OF JANUARY 7, 2008-JANUARY 11, 2008

WEEK OF DECEMBER 31, 2007-JANUARY 4, 2008
4. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.3/07

WEEK OF DECEMBER 24-DECEMBER 28, 2007
5. Days of Our Lives NBC 2.1/06

WEEK OF DECEMBER 17-DECEMBER 21, 2007

WEEK OF DECEMBER 10-DECEMBER 14, 2007

WEEK OF DECEMBER 3-DECEMBER 7, 2007
Edited by cjknick, Aug 7 2008, 11:14 AM.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh I know that and I think the person doing the statistics did too. Just they pointed out the highest rating occurred in Feb (highest in 13 months) and just that since that point they have lost that many viewers.

Even on weeks that they didn't lose much in HH's they may time lost viewers or went down in the Demos.
Edited by Steve Frame, Aug 7 2008, 10:59 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Steve Frame
Aug 7 2008, 10:58 AM
Oh I know that and I think the person doing the statistics did too. Just they pointed out the highest rating occurred in Feb (highest in 13 months) and just that since that point they have lost that many viewers.

Even on weeks that they didn't lose much in HH's they may time lost viewers or went down in the Demos.
All soaps are ... one week of 2.4 during the sweeps is not all that! - Days was steady (June thru May) until the first week in June - it did not dip down below 2.0 till then... Days really didn't start to drop much in Demo until June either slips here and there but the fall really started in June.
Edited by cjknick, Aug 7 2008, 11:21 AM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

It is just amazing hop fast and how far DOOLS has fallen in the ratings.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply