Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47 needs comments for S. Rogers' ann. tribute; Suzanne Rogers' 35th anniversary tribute
Topic Started: Aug 6 2008, 01:35 PM (563 Views)
Ives
Member Avatar

I am cutting and pasting his posts from another board.

BTW, he only has 5 comments so far - and he was hoping for 50.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In honor of Suzanne Rogers' (Maggie Horton) 35th anniversary with "Days of Our Lives" this month, I'm doing a special tribute to her on my website (Jason47's Days Website). I'd like to add some comments/congratulations/favorite memories/etc... from you for the tribute. If you would like to be featured, please email me with your comments at Jason47@aol.com Please note that the comments may be edited for clarity/spelling/brevity and that you should put "Maggie Tribute" in the heading. Please also email me your first name and state to have you identified in the tribute section. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you! Jason
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisysmommy

Ives
Aug 6 2008, 01:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In honor of Suzanne Rogers' (Maggie Horton) 35th anniversary with "Days of Our Lives" this month, I'm doing a special tribute to her on my website (Jason47's Days Website). I'd like to add some comments/congratulations/favorite memories/etc... from you for the tribute. If you would like to be featured, please email me with your comments at Jason47@aol.com Please note that the comments may be edited for clarity/spelling/brevity and that you should put "Maggie Tribute" in the heading. Please also email me your first name and state to have you identified in the tribute section. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you! Jason
Not only has S.R .stood the test of time on the outside, but on the inside too.

She was so brave, speaking out about her illness (M/Gravis) before people even knew what it was.

She has lived through co-stars, changes of control, slicing in and out of story (and character-- remember when J called her the town gossip) and she has done it with class and genuine skill, and love.

Watch that clip when she walks for the first time to Mickey's (J/Clarke's) bed. And watch her at Chez Rouge circa 08. She has been A+ from then until, hopefully, the rest of the Days of our Lives.

Happy Anniversary!

How can you not be a Maggie fan?

Bravo, and many more anniversary toasts to come, Ms. Rogers!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Aug 6 2008, 02:29 PM
Ives

She was so brave, speaking out about her illness (M/Gravis) before people even knew what it was.

She has lived through co-stars, changes of control, slicing in and out of story (and character-- remember when J called her the town gossip) and she has done it with class and genuine skill, and love.

Watch that clip when she walks for the first time to Mickey's (J/Clarke's) bed. And watch her at Chez Rouge circa 08. She has been A+ from then until, hopefully, the rest of the Days of our Lives.

Happy Anniversary!

What a nice tribute daisysmommy. SR has always had so much class regardless of story (or lack there of) I remember the young farm girl when she first came on. Loved her then, love her now.

Ives
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Aug 6 2008, 02:29 PM
Ives

Happy Anniversary!

That was well said, daisysmommy!

Did you email it to him to include in the tribute page? I think he will only include what is emailed to him so he knows the person is OK with it being included in the tribute. And he is going to put first name and state with it.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Ives

I was watching the first time we saw Suzanne Rogers as Maggie Simmons on our screens. She was luminous, young and fresh. It was exactly what Days needed then and our beloved Maggie will always be what Days needs. Whether she battling her own addiction or helping a family member like Lucas battle him, Suzanne is astoundingly good as an actor. Keep up the good work, Suzanne. I hope I can watch you as Maggie Horton for years and years to come.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

In my over two decades of watching Days, one of the greatest joys for me is watching the delightful Suzanne Rogers whenever she is featured. While her airtime has dwindled in recent years, Suzanne has been nothing but a class act. She has never complained and the way that she handled the brutal "death" of her character and returned graciously to the canvas months later was nothing short of amazing. Other actresses may have held a grudge or even held out for more money but Suzanne merely returned to work with a smile on her face, just happy to be back.

Her dedication and strength, especially in light of her medical problems, is an inspiration to us all. Salem would not be the same without Maggie Horton and Days would not be the same without Suzanne Rogers. We can only hope to see this marvelous actress and character grace our screens more often then we have of late and I look forward to enjoying many more years of Maggie Horton. Congrats Suzanne!! Here's to many more!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply