Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: John saves Marlena
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 07:55 AM (2,981 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

John rushes Marlene to the hospital this week after finding her lifeless body.

"John is a St Luke's when Anna bursts in and says, 'Oh, my God! He's awake!'" recounts Drake Hogestyn (John), noting that John knows "he" is Stefano and "Marlena will be his first target. If Stefano is mobile and functional, there is something already in the works. So they need to find Blondie." Anna and John discover Marlena laying on her apartment floor.

"She's incapacitated," says Hogesytn. "John checks her vitals, see the syringe and notices the puncture in Marlena's neck. He knows whatever has befallen Marlena is exactly what she did to Stefano." While Anna phones 911, John begins CPR.

"The scenes were written with your standard CPR lines, 'Can't lose you. Come back to me,'" explains Hogestyn. "But that's not where John is emotionally. Everything is by the book, and it works. John is just as surprised as anybody." A revived Marlena is rushed to the hospital by ambulance. John follows and angrily confronts Stefano about what he had Marlena injected with. Of course, Stefano keeps mum.

"John tells Stefano, because he's targeted Blondie, he now cares about her and anybody in town she cares about," relates Hogestyn. "He's says, 'Anyone you're after has become my friend,' this is now John's mission. Wherever Stefano goes, John will be in his face. That will be a platform John can build on, which will be the crossover into Marlena as her protector."

However, protecting Marlena proves difficult when the toxin in her system renders her partially paralyzed. Just as Kayla finds an antidote, the hospital's 7th floor goes into lock-down and begins filling with a purple vapor. Kayla heads out to investigate... and Stefano shows up to taunt Marlena. Meanwhile, everyone in the hospital is affected by the noxious vapor. That is, everyone except John, who realizes Stefano orchestrated its release and heads to the electrical room with Tony.

"They try to get the ventilation going in the hospital," explains Hogestyn, noting that in the process, John takes the opportunity "to line up Tony's loyalty." He brings up Tony's banishment to the island. John tells him to make a choice between the monster who banished him there for 20 years or the future John can offer him." When Stefano's voice comes over the intercom, telling John it's time to re-boot, Tony makes his choice to align with John and not let Stefano win.

"John's number fear is that Stefano will complete his mission, which is to have full dominance and control over him," says Hogestyn. "Stefano poses a threat in several different areas, and John would like to eliminate him."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jules

Thanks for typing that up Jonatha...hope it leads to John and Marlena reconnecting in some way.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Thanks Jonny.....

Well there's the purple smoke we've heard about before, hopefully this will play out as good as it sounds.....

Jonatha

Rhiannon
Aug 7 2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks Jonny.....

Well there's the purple smoke we've heard about before, hopefully this will play out as good as it sounds.....
Yes!

"Purple Haze, all around. Don't know if I'm comin' up or down. Am I in Heaven, or in misery? Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me..." :rockon:

JandM4evermore
Member Avatar

WOW!! I am actually getting excited about this s/l. I can't wait for the next show and I haven't said that in a long time!!!
t

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

I LOVE this,FINALLY.

hops
Member Avatar

Thanks for typing that up.

wow, a little movement finally! Like that John feels something and is surprised by it. I know I am, lol.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny, I hope this story is an exciting one.

Tricky
Member Avatar

jules
Aug 7 2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for typing that up Jonatha...hope it leads to John and Marlena reconnecting in some way.
that is exactly what i am hoping for, its about time they made some forward progress in john and marlena falling in love all over again, thanks for sharing jonatha. i think john almost losing marlena hits him in a place deep inside that he probably didnt even realize was there and it causes him to start feeling something he forgot.

Ellie

Rhiannon
Aug 7 2008, 08:15 AM
Well there's the purple smoke we've heard about before
YEP. Now we've had verification of that part of what we heard. Some people hadn't thought that the other parts of what we heard were reliable, and I hope this is confirmation for them about the source.

Regarding J&M... looking forward! Agree with you hops, I'm as surprised as John Black is, lol. But I'll take it! I think it was Drake who said once in an interview that every time the writers put in CPR, they're trying to connect the two characters romantically. Sound good to me!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Love it..So happy that Tony and Anna are involved as well..Looks like they will be very active these two weeks..

JustJo
Member Avatar

Lots of good scenes as Stefano returns. Love that so many of the characters are involved.

sungrey

Yay! Now THIS sounds like good stuff.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I must be HIGH on something... I am interested in DAYS again! I have to say Stefano sure livens up a party lmao.

peaches179

Tammy
Aug 7 2008, 03:36 PM
I must be HIGH on something... I am interested in DAYS again! I have to say Stefano sure livens up a party lmao.

ICAM! I've enjoyed Days more this week than I have in months! Welcome back Stefano! :D

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I think that many Days fans are going to be happy for the time being and coming weeks..This week was heaven for the Bope and general days fans..Add the Stefano fans, the Marlena/John, Steve/Kayla, Tony/Anna, and the fans of Lucas, Sami, Chloe, Phillip, Nicole, and EJ...its a great time for Days..Just hope it can last for a while..

deefanUBS

The Stefano and Marlena scenes sound awesome. :rockon:

But, I am not liking the sound of this quote. He only cares because Stefano's targeting her? If that's the only reason he's concerned about her, no thanks.

Quote:

John tells Stefano, because he's targeted Blondie, he now cares about her and anybody in town she cares about," relates Hogestyn

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

deefanUBS
Aug 7 2008, 05:34 PM
The Stefano and Marlena scenes sound awesome. :rockon:

But, I am not liking the sound of this quote. He only cares because Stefano's targeting her? If that's the only reason he's concerned about her, no thanks.

Quote:

John tells Stefano, because he's targeted Blondie, he now cares about her and anybody in town she cares about," relates Hogestyn
Well, even though I do NOT want them together, I would say "It's a start, isn't it?"

Shylock

It seems like that will be the gateway to John learning to care for Marlena. If it leads to trying times where the both of them have to stay close and work together, then maybe John will see something about her that he didn't notice before and then kind of "gets" why his old self would be so into her.

deefanUBS

ladyofthelake
Aug 7 2008, 05:39 PM
Well, even though I do NOT want them together, I would say "It's a start, isn't it?"
Bringing bad ass Stefano back to seek revenge on Marlena...that's a step in the right direction.

Having John say that he doesn't want Marlena to leave him, as he gives her CPR...that's a step in the right direction.

John saying he only cares for Marlena because Stefano went after her...that's not what I would call a step in the right direction. We're 8 months into this story. It's time John admit he has feeling for her, as playing that emotionless card is gettin' just a wee bit old.
Edited by deefanUBS, Aug 7 2008, 05:56 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply