Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami kisses EJ!
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 08:19 AM (6,586 Views)
ilovemydays

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 10:26 AM
aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 10:19 AM
The Lumi fanbase is still very much the Lumi fanbase. The Ejole fanbase is a fanbase of their own. Fans of the show are allowed to be fans of more than one couple, are we not?
Days is making it nearly impossible to stay a Sami fan, though.
So are you a Lumi fan and a EJole fan too?

I'm not a Lumi and I happen to like EJole. From what I've seen around a number of forums there is much more to the EJole fanbase than former or current Lumis. There are former EJamis and people like me, people that didn't even really care or like EJ until he befriended Nicole.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 10:30 AM
Tripp
Aug 7 2008, 10:28 AM
Ok, am I the only one who reads that Nicole spies the kiss? I could care less about EJami but I do love that this interlude is witnessed by Nicole making it also about EJole.
That's what sends her to the bottle and into her day dream film noir!!!
I know which is why I'm fine with everything. It seems to me this kiss between EJami is more setup for the "fun" scene of EJole's film noir as well as creating angst between Nicole and EJ.

cjknick
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Aug 7 2008, 10:40 AM
cjknick
aimees76
The Lumi fanbase is still very much the Lumi fanbase. The Ejole fanbase is a fanbase of their own. Fans of the show are allowed to be fans of more than one couple, are we not?

I'm not a Lumi and I happen to like EJole. From what I've seen around a number of forums there is much more to the EJole fanbase than former or current Lumis. There are former EJamis and people like me, people that didn't even really care or like EJ until he befriended Nicole.

I'm sure there are ejole fan who were not lumi fans .... but there have have been polls on various boards and most ejole fans are Lumi fans!

I am personally an EJ fan and I want the best storyline for him! IMO saddling Sami with EJ right now would not be in the best interest of the character I like because Ali is going on maternity leave. Plus Ali will also start taping TBL again in September ... It is not a good time for EJ or Lucas to be saddled with Sami it could mean less air time!
Edited by cjknick, Aug 7 2008, 10:50 AM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

cjknick
aimees76
Yeah, and I'm also a J&J fan, and a S&K fan, and a Bope fan, and ....

I'm a general fan of the show. Lumi is my favorite couple, but I haven't watched this show for 23 years just for Lumi, obviously.

I liked EJ in the beginning, then I didn't, then he raped Sami and stalked every minute, and I hated his fucking guts. Then they brought on Nicole, and I started to like him a little when he was with her. Now, when he and Nicole are together, I forget that I hated him so much and I really enjoy him. I like Ejole because they are likable.

cjknick
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 10:49 AM
cjknick
aimees76

I'm a general fan of the show. Lumi is my favorite couple, but I haven't watched this show for 23 years just for Lumi, obviously.

I liked EJ in the beginning, then I didn't, then he raped Sami and stalked every minute, and I hated his fucking guts. Then they brought on Nicole, and I started to like him a little when he was with her. Now, when he and Nicole are together, I forget that I hated him so much and I really enjoy him. I like Ejole because they are likable.
So you like EJ? He is likeable - but yet you still call him a rapist! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. So you have selective stone throwing? You bring out the I hate EJ only when he is in Sami's orbit????
Edited by cjknick, Aug 7 2008, 10:53 AM.

ilovemydays

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 10:47 AM
ilovemydays
cjknick
aimees76

I'm sure there are ejole fan who were not lumi fans .... but there have have been polls on various boards and most ejole fans are Lumi fans!

I am personally an EJ fan and I want the best storyline for him! IMO saddling Sami with EJ right now would not be in the best interest of the character I like because Ali is going on maternity leave. Plus Ali will also start taping TBL again in September ... It is not a good time for EJ or Lucas to be saddled with Sami it could mean less air time!

Polls are meaningless. Here's the thing, unless you are a Lumi or an EJami the likelihood of a viewer caring enough to vote on a poll is unlikely. EJole has a number of previously burned fans that just aren't ready to ship.

I do agree that it would be a waste for Lucas or EJ should be saddled with Sami at this time.

ilovemydays

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 10:52 AM
aimees76
cjknick
aimees76

So you like EJ? He is likeable - but yet you still call him a rapist! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. So you have selective stone throwing? You bring out the I hate EJ only when he is in Sami's orbit????
I hate EJ when he is in Sami's orbit. It has nothing to do with Lumi either. It has to do with my pesky brain and the way I keep remembering all of the terrible things he had done to her and her loved ones.

Because EJ has never harmed Nicole I can actually see another side to him when he is with her. I like to think of EJole as the naughty version of Jack and Jennifer.

Edited by ilovemydays, Aug 7 2008, 11:04 AM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

cjknick
aimees76
cjknick
aimees76

He is Sami's rapist.
Jack is Kayla's rapist, but I still loved him with Jennifer.
As an EJ fan, do you want all of the EJ haters to keep on hating him? Or are fans only allowed to be fans if he is in Sami's orbit? hmmmm....
I don't like EJ standing alone. As I have already stated, I like him with Nicole. I like what she brings out in him. He is very different when he is with her, and she makes him likable, for me. I do not enjoy him with Sami, never did, never will. Independent of Lumi. If Lumi never get back together, that will be fine, I have lost plenty of couples in the past. I do not enjoy Sami and EJ together. I do not like them, no matter how much they are forced down my throat, I will never like them, period. You can challenge me all you want, but my "stone throwing" isn't selective, but my opinions of characters are progressive. If a character is moved into a different part of the canvas and made to evolve, I can potentially like, or dislike, that character regardless of how I felt about them before. Thats the beauty of fiction. However, no amount of story twisting will make me like the pairing of EJ and Sami.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Jonatha.

Bye Nicole! :wave: :flipoff: :moon:

aimees76
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Aug 7 2008, 11:03 AM
cjknick
aimees76
cjknick
aimees76

I hate EJ when he is in Sami's orbit. It has nothing to do with Lumi either. It has to do with my pesky brain and the way I keep remembering all of the terrible things he had done to her and her loved ones.

Because EJ has never harmed Nicole I can actually see another side to him when he is with her. I like to think of EJole as the naughty version of Jack and Jennifer.

Yes!! :applause: Thank you!

Ellie

So Sami is now the center of a quadrangle, rather than a triangle? :blink:

cjknick
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Aug 7 2008, 10:59 AM
cjknick
ilovemydays
cjknick
aimees76

Polls are meaningless. Here's the thing, unless you are a Lumi or an EJami the likelihood of a viewer caring enough to vote on a poll is unlikely. EJole has a number of previously burned fans that just aren't ready to ship.

I do agree that it would be a waste for Lucas or EJ should be saddled with Sami at this time.
Polls are not meaningless when they are consistent and when it different polls from different boards showing the same pattern!

aimees76
Member Avatar

I have voted in plenty of those polls, and to say that the majority of EJole fans are Lumi fans is simply not accurate. However, how many "fans" of Chloe and Lucas are not Ejami fans? Hmmm ....

Pearly
Member Avatar

Oh, how I was hoping "the writer" wouldn't fuck this up! How many times has Sami told EJ how she feels? I don't see this being any different than the OTHER HUNDRED TIMES. Unless, she utters the words "I LOVE YOU" this is a crock of shit and we're in for YET ANOTHER triangle. :flipoff: FUCK YOU WRITER(S)!

Thanks, Jonny.

cjknick
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 11:26 AM
I have voted in plenty of those polls, and to say that the majority of EJole fans are Lumi fans is simply not accurate. However, how many "fans" of Chloe and Lucas are not Ejami fans? Hmmm ....
It is true most Lucas and Chloe fans are EJAMI fans - it cuts both ways .... I think personally that Lucas and Chloe are totally a MISS! and have zero chemistry ... My point is when the Lumi/Ejole fans start throwing the RAPE word around AGAIN I am going to call them on it .... it is a self serving agenda nothing more!

ilovemydays

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 11:24 AM
ilovemydays
Aug 7 2008, 10:59 AM
cjknick
ilovemydays
cjknick
aimees76

Polls are not meaningless when they are consistent and when it different polls from different boards showing the same pattern!

As far as TPTB are concerned internet polls are meaningless because they only a small minority of viewers, viewers that have a vested interest in the outcome, namely SHIPPERS.

TPTB will only refer to the results that support their upcoming SLs. They don't use polls to determine the direction of the show.

pagraves
Member Avatar

Well, I'm not a Lumi fan, but I am an EJole fan. Because EJami bore me senseless, but I find EJole compelling.

aimees76
Member Avatar

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 11:31 AM
aimees76
It is true most Lucas and Chloe fans are EJAMI fans - it cuts both ways .... I think personally that Lucas and Chloe are totally a MISS! and have zero chemistry ... My point is when the Lumi/Ejole fans start throwing the RAPE word around AGAIN I am going to call them on it .... it is a self serving agenda nothing more!
I am a member of an EJole fan site, and there are at least as many former Ejami fans there as there are Lumi fans, and a whole other group of EJff that were never EJami fans at all.

It is not a self-serving agenda, it is part of the characters history, whether you like it or not. EJ is Sami's rapist, just like Lucas is Franco's murderer, and EJ's attempted murderer (and EJ is Lucas' attempted murderer as well). I don't deny anybody's history. I used to hate Sami. I used to hate Lucas. I used to hate Kate. I used to hate Nicole. There are several characters that I used to hate, that I now like, because of story-telling. I like EJ when he is with Nicole. Now that Stefano is waking up, and EJ appears to be realigning his loyalties with him, I may stop the progress toward liking him if he starts torturing my favorites again. I don't know yet, I will have to see how it plays out. But I refer to EJ raping Sami because it freaking happened. Sami is my favorite character. I am not going to forget it, or get over it. I may have to stop watching, or at the very least, use my FF button a whole heck of a lot, IF they really go forward with Sami and EJ as a couple.

ilovemydays

cjknick
aimees76
I can't tell you how insulting and inaccurate your comment is!

How is it in anyway SELF SERVING to voice my objection to EJami because EJ RAPED SAMI?
Just seeing Sami acting kindly to EJ sets my teeth on edge. Everytime EJ says he loves Sami I want to vomit.

I'm entitled to my outrage. Rape and romance do not mix. JMO
Edited by ilovemydays, Aug 7 2008, 11:49 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 11:39 AM
cjknick
aimees76
I am a member of an EJole fan site, and there are at least as many former Ejami fans there as there are Lumi fans, and a whole other group of EJff that were never EJami fans at all.

It is not a self-serving agenda, it is part of the characters history, whether you like it or not. EJ is Sami's rapist, just like Lucas is Franco's murderer, and EJ's attempted murderer (and EJ is Lucas' attempted murderer as well). I don't deny anybody's history. I used to hate Sami. I used to hate Lucas. I used to hate Kate. I used to hate Nicole. There are several characters that I used to hate, that I now like, because of story-telling. I like EJ when he is with Nicole. Now that Stefano is waking up, and EJ appears to be realigning his loyalties with him, I may stop the progress toward liking him if he starts torturing my favorites again. I don't know yet, I will have to see how it plays out. But I refer to EJ raping Sami because it freaking happened. Sami is my favorite character. I am not going to forget it, or get over it. I may have to stop watching, or at the very least, use my FF button a whole heck of a lot, IF they really go forward with Sami and EJ as a couple.
Sami is a rapist ... she drugged Austin (not given him a choice and had sex with him) Nicole didn't she drug Brady too and he thought he was making love to Chloe but it was Nicole?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply