Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami kisses EJ!
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 08:19 AM (6,536 Views)
ilovemydays

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 11:52 AM
aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 11:39 AM
cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 11:31 AM
aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 11:26 AM
I have voted in plenty of those polls, and to say that the majority of EJole fans are Lumi fans is simply not accurate. However, how many "fans" of Chloe and Lucas are not Ejami fans? Hmmm ....
It is true most Lucas and Chloe fans are EJAMI fans - it cuts both ways .... I think personally that Lucas and Chloe are totally a MISS! and have zero chemistry ... My point is when the Lumi/Ejole fans start throwing the RAPE word around AGAIN I am going to call them on it .... it is a self serving agenda nothing more!
I am a member of an EJole fan site, and there are at least as many former Ejami fans there as there are Lumi fans, and a whole other group of EJff that were never EJami fans at all.

It is not a self-serving agenda, it is part of the characters history, whether you like it or not. EJ is Sami's rapist, just like Lucas is Franco's murderer, and EJ's attempted murderer (and EJ is Lucas' attempted murderer as well). I don't deny anybody's history. I used to hate Sami. I used to hate Lucas. I used to hate Kate. I used to hate Nicole. There are several characters that I used to hate, that I now like, because of story-telling. I like EJ when he is with Nicole. Now that Stefano is waking up, and EJ appears to be realigning his loyalties with him, I may stop the progress toward liking him if he starts torturing my favorites again. I don't know yet, I will have to see how it plays out. But I refer to EJ raping Sami because it freaking happened. Sami is my favorite character. I am not going to forget it, or get over it. I may have to stop watching, or at the very least, use my FF button a whole heck of a lot, IF they really go forward with Sami and EJ as a couple.
Sami is a rapist ... she drugged Austin (not given him a choice and had sex with him) Nicole didn't she drug Brady too and he thought he was making love to Chloe but it was Nicole?

So what if Sami raped Austen? I never liked them as couple either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

cjknick
aimees76
cjknick
aimees76
I have voted in plenty of those polls, and to say that the majority of EJole fans are Lumi fans is simply not accurate. However, how many "fans" of Chloe and Lucas are not Ejami fans? Hmmm ....
It is true most Lucas and Chloe fans are EJAMI fans - it cuts both ways .... I think personally that Lucas and Chloe are totally a MISS! and have zero chemistry ... My point is when the Lumi/Ejole fans start throwing the RAPE word around AGAIN I am going to call them on it .... it is a self serving agenda nothing more!
I am a member of an EJole fan site, and there are at least as many former Ejami fans there as there are Lumi fans, and a whole other group of EJff that were never EJami fans at all.

It is not a self-serving agenda, it is part of the characters history, whether you like it or not. EJ is Sami's rapist, just like Lucas is Franco's murderer, and EJ's attempted murderer (and EJ is Lucas' attempted murderer as well). I don't deny anybody's history. I used to hate Sami. I used to hate Lucas. I used to hate Kate. I used to hate Nicole. There are several characters that I used to hate, that I now like, because of story-telling. I like EJ when he is with Nicole. Now that Stefano is waking up, and EJ appears to be realigning his loyalties with him, I may stop the progress toward liking him if he starts torturing my favorites again. I don't know yet, I will have to see how it plays out. But I refer to EJ raping Sami because it freaking happened. Sami is my favorite character. I am not going to forget it, or get over it. I may have to stop watching, or at the very least, use my FF button a whole heck of a lot, IF they really go forward with Sami and EJ as a couple.
Sami is a rapist ... she drugged Austin (not given him a choice and had sex with him) Nicole didn't she drug Brady too and he thought he was making love to Chloe but it was Nicole?
Umm... no. I don't think so. Brady thought that Chloe was dead, thats why he ended up with Nicole.

Yeah, Sami raped Austin. So? What's your point? I never wanted Sami and Austin together. I already said that I used to hate Sami, but she has come to be one of my favorite characters. What, just because Sami has raped someone in the past, she should be romantically paired with the man that raped her? That makes sense. :eyeroll:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 09:52 AM
I am so freaking sick of this round and round. Seriously.
Now I feel sick to my stomach again.
WTF. How is EJ her ex? Her ex stalker? Her ex rapist?
Whatever, I know I'llprobably get rocks thrown at me now, but I don't care, its the truth. I am so freaking sick of this bullshit.
:wub2: :wub2:
I'll take some of those rocks right with you, dahling!
It's OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For many fans, it's old. It's been ruined. I know of quite a few EJami fans who are sick of Sami and were looking forward to EJole. I tried not to get my hopes up......
Oh, well. I'll be interested in the writing, though! (goes back to the hot topic, doesn't it? LOL)
I just feel that many fans felt the whole premise for a good coupling for them has been ruined by too many personality flip-flops. And it will PISS me off if Nicole gets tossed like a bad habit. She is really growing on me. EJole was an opportunity to take possibly what they WANTED to do with Sami and EJ (sans the whole DiMera/Brady thing) and do it correctly: two bad souls with a heart of gold finding their way together.
Oh, well.Lucky for me school starts soon.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ejole story.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ilovemydays
Aug 7 2008, 09:53 AM
WTF? Who the hell wants more EJAMUCAS?

it won't be Ejamucus. IT'll be Ejamole.

cjknick
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 11:56 AM
cjknick
aimees76
cjknick
aimees76

Umm... no. I don't think so. Brady thought that Chloe was dead, thats why he ended up with Nicole.

Yeah, Sami raped Austin. So? What's your point? I never wanted Sami and Austin together. I already said that I used to hate Sami, but she has come to be one of my favorite characters. What, just because Sami has raped someone in the past, she should be romantically paired with the man that raped her? That makes sense. :eyeroll:
But you don't go around calling Sami a rapist? And when she was back with Austin in 2006 did you call her a Rapist? Was there a campaign?
Edited by cjknick, Aug 7 2008, 12:39 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Posted Image

I called it! I called it!!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

pagraves
Aug 7 2008, 09:18 AM
I'd kind of love it if EJ finally said, "You know, darling, I just don't care anymore."
Or "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I'm looking forward to the Film Noir part, but meh to Sami confessing her "feelings" for the umpteenth time as she also couches them in her Lucas codependency. Guess Ali is not an EJole fan?

Mason
Member Avatar

Sigh...

Round and round it goes. Where it'll stop, nobody knows (or cares).

Pearly
Member Avatar

In honor of Rhiannon's avatar and this new spoiler here you are:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 10:11 AM
Dena doesn't understand that the Lumi fanbase is now the ejole fanbase for the most part ... she is not settling the war at all just changing players!

But I must add that TPTB aren't stupid - those Lumi fans turned Ejole fans were just loving EJ when he's not in Sami's orbit! I bet the Lumi fans will be back to throwing stones and we will start to see the RAPE word used over and over again... Hell they may start up their stupid self serving RINR campaign again! Which will look even more self serving since most of them supported Ejole!
The notion that the Ejole fanbase consists of Lumi fans with a hidden agenda is nonsense. Results of some internet polls created by Ejami fans who feel "threatened" do not negate the countless posts I've seen from various users that they have no interest in Lumi or Ejami but could never enjoy watching EJ terrorize/romance his rape victtim, but are now enjoying the character with Nicole because of the side she brings out of him. There are also many who liked EJ before he went "BSC", whether they are Lumi fans or not, and have always liked James, but again, they hated EJ when he became totally dark and was terrorizing/romancing his rape victim. I've also encountered some who simply (believe it or not) have never seen the "undeniable chemistry" between Ejami and think Ejole have chem in spades. Then of course, there are some former Ejamis (like me) who were sick of Sami and the exhausting, staganant Ejami relationship, and wanted to finally see EJ with a woman who adores everything about him and wants him as first choice (especially with an awesome chick like Nicole), as opposed to Sami who constantly picks Lucas over him, and only showed EJ a modicum of affection once she concluded that he was changed into a goody two shoes and could support her and the children when Lucas was unavailable.

As for Sami telling EJ she has "feelings" for him but still loves Lucas :sleep: :sleep: Been there, done that.

aimees76
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 7 2008, 03:06 PM
cjknick
Dena doesn't understand that the Lumi fanbase is now the ejole fanbase for the most part ... she is not settling the war at all just changing players!

But I must add that TPTB aren't stupid - those Lumi fans turned Ejole fans were just loving EJ when he's not in Sami's orbit! I bet the Lumi fans will be back to throwing stones and we will start to see the RAPE word used over and over again... Hell they may start up their stupid self serving RINR campaign again! Which will look even more self serving since most of them supported Ejole!
The notion that the Ejole fanbase consists of Lumi fans with a hidden agenda is nonsense. Results of some internet polls created by Ejami fans who feel "threatened" do not negate the countless posts I've seen from various users that they have no interest in Lumi or Ejami but could never enjoy watching EJ terrorize/romance his rape victtim, but are now enjoying the character with Nicole because of the side she brings out of him. There are also many who liked EJ before he went "BSC", whether they are Lumi fans or not, and have always liked James, but again, they hated EJ when he became totally dark and was terrorizing/romancing his rape victim. I've also encountered some who simply (believe it or not) have never seen the "undeniable chemistry" between Ejami and think Ejole have chem in spades. Then of course, there are some former Ejamis (like me) who were sick of Sami and the exhausting, staganant Ejami relationship, and wanted to finally see EJ with a woman who adores everything about him and wants him as first choice (especially with an awesome chick like Nicole), as opposed to Sami who constantly picks Lucas over him, and only showed EJ a modicum of affection once she concluded that he was changed into a goody two shoes and could support her and the children when Lucas was unavailable.

As for Sami telling EJ she has "feelings" for him but still loves Lucas :sleep: :sleep: Been there, done that.
:applause: :hail: :hail: :
Edited by aimees76, Aug 7 2008, 03:23 PM.

nanny7

I love EJ with Nicole. NOT again with Sami what a boring boring wheel to bring up again.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I take it, that it is hard for these characters to say MEANINGFUL things to others when they are awake and lucid :huh:

cjknick
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
cjknick

I like to keep things real and what I am seeing is pro-lumi posters all of a sudden liking EJ because of his relationship with Nicole. But the minute a Sow or Sod article comes out about EJ and Sami sharing an intimate moment the are back to using the word rapist. Calling the character of EJ all kind of slimy names and I just say WTH? Plus these are fans of Sami who we all know raped Austin. The disconnect is this there are fans that are ok with these characters as long as they are not competition for their favorite pairing.... The characters of EJ and Sami have moved on Sami actually made love to EJ and call him a wonderful father - they talked about that night. The characters have moved on and yet one article comes out and some spoilers indicate an intimate moment between these two and the rape word comes flying out too!

But with that said I can understand not liking a character until they are paired with another character .... I personally like Ejole - I wasn't a fan of Nicole before but I like her with EJ ... Same with Sami - didn't like Sami before she was paired with EJ .... I am just bothered that the rape word has resurfaced~

Edited by cjknick, Aug 7 2008, 04:00 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

This subject is what got me to stop posting here on a regular basis because the discussion always degenerates into something ugly.

But I'll take a chance once again and add my two cents anyway. I like this spoiler. Thanks for posting Jonatha.

I love Sami and EJ together and make no apologies. I don't condemn anyone else for liking who they like either. I don't care who makes up the EJole fanbase, the Lumi fanbase, the Chucas fanbase. I'm only interested in the fanbase that lives in my house and watches Days when she comes home from work at night. I barely watched over the past two months and have only now started to watch again. In truth the show as a whole has improved this week. I'm loving it so far.

Anyway . . . all I want is a good story. That's it. And as far as my fandom of EJami goes . . . I like watching Ali and James act in scenes together. James is someone who I liked from day one and have grown over the past two years to appreciate as an actor with depth and the ability to carry off just about any scene. I liked him charming, evil, nice, psycho, devious, romantic, sexy -- he's made EJ into someone I look forward to watching. And I know this goes against the general consensus on this board, but I also think Ali is a very good soap actress. I've enjoyed her work over the years and still do. She also has grown as an actress IMHO. She and James have been given difficult scenes to play and they generally knock it out of the ballpark, at least for me. That's why I'm a fan. So hell yeah, I'm happy with this spoiler. Being an EJami fan has taught me to stop caring what others think and start enjoying Days on my own terms.

In the end, who gives a frack? It's a bloody soap opera, not a morality play.
Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

miou07
Aug 7 2008, 04:03 PM
This subject is what got me to stop posting here on a regular basis because the discussion always degenerates into something ugly.

But I'll take a chance once again and add my two cents anyway. I like this spoiler. Thanks for posting Jonatha.

I love Sami and EJ together and make no apologies. I don't condemn anyone else for liking who they like either. I don't care who makes up the EJole fanbase, the Lumi fanbase, the Chucas fanbase. I'm only interested in the fanbase that lives in my house and watches Days when she comes home from work at night. I barely watched over the past two months and have only now started to watch again. In truth the show as a whole has improved this week. I'm loving it so far.

Anyway . . . all I want is a good story. That's it. And as far as my fandom of EJami goes . . . I like watching Ali and James act in scenes together. James is someone who I liked from day one and have grown over the past two years to appreciate as an actor with depth and the ability to carry off just about any scene. I liked him charming, evil, nice, psycho, devious, romantic, sexy -- he's made EJ into someone I look forward to watching. And I know this goes against the general consensus on this board, but I also think Ali is a very good soap actress. I've enjoyed her work over the years and still do. She also has grown as an actress IMHO. She and James have been given difficult scenes to play and they generally knock it out of the ballpark, at least for me. That's why I'm a fan. So hell yeah, I'm happy with this spoiler. Being an EJami fan has taught me to stop caring what others think and start enjoying Days on my own terms.

In the end, who gives a frack? It's a bloody soap opera, not a morality play.
:iagree: :cheers:

Pearly
Member Avatar

Okay, kids. I feel the need to quote myself from another post I made at another thread here but I think it just fits like a glove for this thread right now:

Quote:

I remember when rooting for ďyour coupleĒ meant crying in front of the TV screen as Payla and Bope said their wedding vows to each other or when Bope fans watched as Bo and Billie made love for the first time and they screamed their lungs out at the TV. Iím sure many of those same people wrote letters to the execs voicing how they agreed or disagreed about that and other decisions. Then came internet and with that message boards, closely followed by fanbase forums. Somewhere along the way, from that point, the lines between reality and fiction have been blurred. Weíve gone from writing a simple letter to someone in the higher-ups of a TV show to radical internet behavior like gay bashing, calling people out as rape lovers/rapists, pedophiles, lunatics, losers etc. etc. I speak from personal experience because I was on both sides of the interchanges at one point or another. What is that shit? I mean when you take it to that kind of an extreme itís no wonder people lose respect for each other. Itís a fucking fictional show for Peteís sake! Then you have the infamous fanbase wars, which I am embarrassed to say I have participated in, in the past. Luckily, I have figured out I had a brain, I used it and am no longer involved in that kind of petty crap.

Let me preface the following statement Iím going to make by saying that I am not pointing a finger to any particular fanbase, this is a generalized statement about ALL of them.

Basically, the writers listen to one fanbase, then the opposing one steps in and you have a virtual tug-of-war going on with the writers in the middle [insert political cartoon here]. One fanbase doesnít get what they want, they stop watching. Then if the other doesnít get what they want, they stop watching. Then you wonder why the ratings are in the slumps. Itís not right and itís not fair to the show itself. At this point, I think itís really just too late altogether and thatís why soaps will never be the same in general. The writers have allowed the fanbases to dictate the shows to the point that they are in an inevitable downward spiral. I can only speak for Days because itís the only soap I watch, but Iím pretty sure that the ratings are shitty at the moment due to the writing for ALL characters sucking ass. Itís not the power of one fanbase over another right now with Days IMO. Iím sure Days lost a lot of viewers when word got out that Higley was the new writer either way.

At any event, I will use myself as an example. I have been a LONG TIME Sami fan, I will continue to root for her to see the light and be with EJ and I hope that they are endgame. Now, am I gonna stop watching the show because they decide to have EJ and Nicole have a romp in an elevator? No. In reality, the guy has been after Sami for two fucking years, sheís given him the run around more times than I care to mention, it gets tiresome. Does he still love her? Yes. Does he love him? Itís obvious she does. I donít want to watch this merry go round any more though. Let him have his fun. Sami has ALWAYS had a couple of screws loose and needs psychiatric help. Until SHE gets her shit together EJami will NEVER happen.

With that being said, my point to all of this is that the fans that are truly a fan of the show itself would see past all of this and work together with other fans that may not be rooting for the same couple to SAVE DAYS from further ratings slumps. The show is what truly matters, if you donít have that you donít have a couple to root for period.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 03:44 PM
DolceDiMera
cjknick

I like to keep things real and what I am seeing is pro-lumi posters all of a sudden liking EJ because of his relationship with Nicole. But the minute a Sow or Sod article comes out about EJ and Sami sharing an intimate moment the are back to using the word rapist. Calling the character of EJ all kind of slimy names and I just say WTH? Plus these are fans of Sami who we all know raped Austin. The disconnect is this there are fans that are ok with these characters as long as they are not competition for their favorite pairing.... The characters of EJ and Sami have moved on Sami actually made love to EJ and call him a wonderful father - they talked about that night. The characters have moved on and yet one article comes out and some spoilers indicate an intimate moment between these two and the rape word comes flying out too!

The stigma of the rape will always follow EJ as long as he is written in Sami's orbit constantly and hinted at as a romantic partner for his rape victim...when he's not attempting to woo his victim, when he's being romantic and genuine with a woman whom he didn't rape and torment, and whom he isn't interested in as part of a scheme to impregnate a Brady, then he gets better reception from general fans. I don't think it's a new concept. I've seen a lot of JnJs say that they were not fans of Jack when he raped Kayla, but became fans when he was with Jen. I imagine that if Jack had continued on with Kayla as a romantic partner, then he'd still have been referred to as a rapist often and maybe not acquired as many fans....oh well, as an EJ fan I personally like when people who previously were not interested in in him can now see him in a positive light.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply