Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami kisses EJ!
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 08:19 AM (6,506 Views)
cjknick
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 7 2008, 04:31 PM
cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 03:44 PM
DolceDiMera
Aug 7 2008, 03:06 PM
cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 10:11 AM
Dena doesn't understand that the Lumi fanbase is now the ejole fanbase for the most part ... she is not settling the war at all just changing players!

But I must add that TPTB aren't stupid - those Lumi fans turned Ejole fans were just loving EJ when he's not in Sami's orbit! I bet the Lumi fans will be back to throwing stones and we will start to see the RAPE word used over and over again... Hell they may start up their stupid self serving RINR campaign again! Which will look even more self serving since most of them supported Ejole!
The notion that the Ejole fanbase consists of Lumi fans with a hidden agenda is nonsense. Results of some internet polls created by Ejami fans who feel "threatened" do not negate the countless posts I've seen from various users that they have no interest in Lumi or Ejami but could never enjoy watching EJ terrorize/romance his rape victtim, but are now enjoying the character with Nicole because of the side she brings out of him. There are also many who liked EJ before he went "BSC", whether they are Lumi fans or not, and have always liked James, but again, they hated EJ when he became totally dark and was terrorizing/romancing his rape victim. I've also encountered some who simply (believe it or not) have never seen the "undeniable chemistry" between Ejami and think Ejole have chem in spades. Then of course, there are some former Ejamis (like me) who were sick of Sami and the exhausting, staganant Ejami relationship, and wanted to finally see EJ with a woman who adores everything about him and wants him as first choice (especially with an awesome chick like Nicole), as opposed to Sami who constantly picks Lucas over him, and only showed EJ a modicum of affection once she concluded that he was changed into a goody two shoes and could support her and the children when Lucas was unavailable.

As for Sami telling EJ she has "feelings" for him but still loves Lucas :sleep: :sleep: Been there, done that.
I like to keep things real and what I am seeing is pro-lumi posters all of a sudden liking EJ because of his relationship with Nicole. But the minute a Sow or Sod article comes out about EJ and Sami sharing an intimate moment the are back to using the word rapist. Calling the character of EJ all kind of slimy names and I just say WTH? Plus these are fans of Sami who we all know raped Austin. The disconnect is this there are fans that are ok with these characters as long as they are not competition for their favorite pairing.... The characters of EJ and Sami have moved on Sami actually made love to EJ and call him a wonderful father - they talked about that night. The characters have moved on and yet one article comes out and some spoilers indicate an intimate moment between these two and the rape word comes flying out too!

The stigma of the rape will always follow EJ as long as he is written in Sami's orbit constantly and hinted at as a romantic partner for his rape victim...when he's not attempting to woo his victim, when he's being romantic and genuine with a woman whom he didn't rape and torment, and whom he isn't interested in as part of a scheme to impregnate a Brady, then he gets better reception from general fans. I don't think it's a new concept. I've seen a lot of JnJs say that they were not fans of Jack when he raped Kayla, but became fans when he was with Jen. I imagine that if Jack had continued on with Kayla as a romantic partner, then he'd still have been referred to as a rapist often and maybe not acquired as many fans....oh well, as an EJ fan I personally like when people who previously were not interested in in him can now see him in a positive light.
I guess you are right I should just appreciate the fact that these fans are at least given EJ a chance! So all those I have offended I am sorry and I appreciate the fact that you at least like EJ on some level.... I was wrong to group and wrong to assume! :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

miou07
Aug 7 2008, 04:03 PM
This subject is what got me to stop posting here on a regular basis because the discussion always degenerates into something ugly.

But I'll take a chance once again and add my two cents anyway. I like this spoiler. Thanks for posting Jonatha.

I love Sami and EJ together and make no apologies. I don't condemn anyone else for liking who they like either. I don't care who makes up the EJole fanbase, the Lumi fanbase, the Chucas fanbase. I'm only interested in the fanbase that lives in my house and watches Days when she comes home from work at night. I barely watched over the past two months and have only now started to watch again. In truth the show as a whole has improved this week. I'm loving it so far.

Anyway . . . all I want is a good story. That's it. And as far as my fandom of EJami goes . . . I like watching Ali and James act in scenes together. James is someone who I liked from day one and have grown over the past two years to appreciate as an actor with depth and the ability to carry off just about any scene. I liked him charming, evil, nice, psycho, devious, romantic, sexy -- he's made EJ into someone I look forward to watching. And I know this goes against the general consensus on this board, but I also think Ali is a very good soap actress. I've enjoyed her work over the years and still do. She also has grown as an actress IMHO. She and James have been given difficult scenes to play and they generally knock it out of the ballpark, at least for me. That's why I'm a fan. So hell yeah, I'm happy with this spoiler. Being an EJami fan has taught me to stop caring what others think and start enjoying Days on my own terms.

In the end, who gives a frack? It's a bloody soap opera, not a morality play.
Love it miou - couldn't agree more. I love who I love and WTF cares what anyone else thinks?

ges
Member Avatar

cjknick
Dena doesn't understand that the Lumi fanbase is now the ejole fanbase for the most part ... she is not settling the war at all just changing players!

But I must add that TPTB aren't stupid - those Lumi fans turned Ejole fans were just loving EJ when he's not in Sami's orbit! I bet the Lumi fans will be back to throwing stones and we will start to see the RAPE word used over and over again... Hell they may start up their stupid self serving RINR campaign again! Which will look even more self serving since most of them supported Ejole!
What is a RINR campaign? I'm so glad we are going to get some Ejami. I'll take it any way I can get it.

bananaspider
Member Avatar

Pearly_Moon
Aug 7 2008, 04:26 PM
Okay, kids. I feel the need to quote myself from another post I made at another thread here but I think it just fits like a glove for this thread right now:

Quote:

I remember when rooting for ďyour coupleĒ meant crying in front of the TV screen as Payla and Bope said their wedding vows to each other or when Bope fans watched as Bo and Billie made love for the first time and they screamed their lungs out at the TV. Iím sure many of those same people wrote letters to the execs voicing how they agreed or disagreed about that and other decisions. Then came internet and with that message boards, closely followed by fanbase forums. Somewhere along the way, from that point, the lines between reality and fiction have been blurred. Weíve gone from writing a simple letter to someone in the higher-ups of a TV show to radical internet behavior like gay bashing, calling people out as rape lovers/rapists, pedophiles, lunatics, losers etc. etc. I speak from personal experience because I was on both sides of the interchanges at one point or another. What is that shit? I mean when you take it to that kind of an extreme itís no wonder people lose respect for each other. Itís a fucking fictional show for Peteís sake! Then you have the infamous fanbase wars, which I am embarrassed to say I have participated in, in the past. Luckily, I have figured out I had a brain, I used it and am no longer involved in that kind of petty crap.

Let me preface the following statement Iím going to make by saying that I am not pointing a finger to any particular fanbase, this is a generalized statement about ALL of them.

Basically, the writers listen to one fanbase, then the opposing one steps in and you have a virtual tug-of-war going on with the writers in the middle [insert political cartoon here]. One fanbase doesnít get what they want, they stop watching. Then if the other doesnít get what they want, they stop watching. Then you wonder why the ratings are in the slumps. Itís not right and itís not fair to the show itself. At this point, I think itís really just too late altogether and thatís why soaps will never be the same in general. The writers have allowed the fanbases to dictate the shows to the point that they are in an inevitable downward spiral. I can only speak for Days because itís the only soap I watch, but Iím pretty sure that the ratings are shitty at the moment due to the writing for ALL characters sucking ass. Itís not the power of one fanbase over another right now with Days IMO. Iím sure Days lost a lot of viewers when word got out that Higley was the new writer either way.

At any event, I will use myself as an example. I have been a LONG TIME Sami fan, I will continue to root for her to see the light and be with EJ and I hope that they are endgame. Now, am I gonna stop watching the show because they decide to have EJ and Nicole have a romp in an elevator? No. In reality, the guy has been after Sami for two fucking years, sheís given him the run around more times than I care to mention, it gets tiresome. Does he still love her? Yes. Does he love him? Itís obvious she does. I donít want to watch this merry go round any more though. Let him have his fun. Sami has ALWAYS had a couple of screws loose and needs psychiatric help. Until SHE gets her shit together EJami will NEVER happen.

With that being said, my point to all of this is that the fans that are truly a fan of the show itself would see past all of this and work together with other fans that may not be rooting for the same couple to SAVE DAYS from further ratings slumps. The show is what truly matters, if you donít have that you donít have a couple to root for period.
WOW!!! I am in awe!! I agree 100%.

The writers need to write, and we need to give them space to build the story. We might get surprised and like the direction they take our favorites, or we might get a chance to fall in love with brand new couples.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I am so sick of this merry-go-round. If the writers want them to end up together, make a freakin committment and keep them together, or make a committment and keep Sami and Lucas together. Whatever, just quit jerking us back an forther. I love EJ, I love, Sami, and I love Lucas, I just am sick an tired of the tug-o-war that keeps going on between the three. At this point, I don't care how it is resolved, just resolve it already, and let' s move on to something else. I would love to have someone make up there mind, and then have a s/l around the couple that eventually ends up together. Sheesh!!!! (Done throwing my tantrum now)

samhaincat

Jonatha
Aug 7 2008, 08:19 AM
Please link to DR:

The purple gas in the hospital causes Sami to act out against EJ. "Sami hallucinates that when she's talking to EJ, she sees Stefano and freaks out and runs away from him," says Alison Sweeney (Sami). Fortunately, she is able to seek shelter in the stairwell, where there is no gas. "She hears footsteps and thinks it's Stefano coming down after her, so she trips him and falls down the stairs. Moments later, when she's been breathing fresh air and her hallucination clears, she realizes that it's EJ. He's passed out and she feels terribly guilty and upset." Sami pours out her feelings for her ex and he comes to, having heard everything she said. "She doesn't take it back, but at the same time she is forthright about her feelings for Lucas.

She's been putting her feelings for EJ on hold and ignoring them, and he encourages her to be honest and tell him how she feels, and that leads to an intimacy between them." Does the kiss mean another round of "Ejami?" "It's a new understanding between them. Whether that means a way forward for them, I don't know. There's a lot still left to be resolved." Especially since Nicole spies on their lip lock.

I am loving the steps forward for ejami while Sami slowly creeps to the same conclusion that Lucas has already come to. Lumi is toxic to both of them - after 15 years its time to say nice try but too much bad history, not enough love, trust and forgiveness. I suspect they will stay friends while EJAMI slowly ascend to their soulmatched destiny. :rockon:

angmc
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 7 2008, 03:06 PM
cjknick

The notion that the Ejole fanbase consists of Lumi fans with a hidden agenda is nonsense. Results of some internet polls created by Ejami fans who feel "threatened" do not negate the countless posts I've seen from various users that they have no interest in Lumi or Ejami but could never enjoy watching EJ terrorize/romance his rape victtim, but are now enjoying the character with Nicole because of the side she brings out of him. There are also many who liked EJ before he went "BSC", whether they are Lumi fans or not, and have always liked James, but again, they hated EJ when he became totally dark and was terrorizing/romancing his rape victim. I've also encountered some who simply (believe it or not) have never seen the "undeniable chemistry" between Ejami and think Ejole have chem in spades. Then of course, there are some former Ejamis (like me) who were sick of Sami and the exhausting, staganant Ejami relationship, and wanted to finally see EJ with a woman who adores everything about him and wants him as first choice (especially with an awesome chick like Nicole), as opposed to Sami who constantly picks Lucas over him, and only showed EJ a modicum of affection once she concluded that he was changed into a goody two shoes and could support her and the children when Lucas was unavailable.

As for Sami telling EJ she has "feelings" for him but still loves Lucas :sleep: :sleep: Been there, done that.
Well all I know is that based on a Sony thread of EJ/Nicole fans, a majority of them are the same people you will find in the Lumi threads professing their hatred of all things EJ. NBC isn't much different. . So excuse me if I don't believe your theory that Lumis don't make up a majority of this fanbase. .

As for those who still believe this is EJ/Nicole angst... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I will just say this sounds good as it seems like nothing more then a result of everything going on and leave it at that. :laugh: .

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 7 2008, 10:38 AM
pixsy9
Aug 7 2008, 10:34 AM
If EJ and Sami stay together for good how do u think they will write her out for awhile for her maternity leave????
She could just be written off that she is going to visit Will in Europe. Last time she did tape a few scenes ahead. Just don't bring her back as Stan! :smile:
Ooo, I never thought about her visiting Will. I thought about Eric. But that's a great idea. I hope someone reads it!

Sami/EJ/Lucas/Nicole/Chloe - it has all gotten so complicated it's hard to know what to think. As a long time Lumi fan, I was won over to Ejami. But I do like EJ and Nicole and even more I like Lucas with Chloe. It's Sami I'm having trouble with. I have enjoyed the show AND the writing for the most part - but not for her.

maconrich
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha!!

I've actually (just this week) started watching again and this sounds good to me! I don't even mind the rapist bullsit - I mean that one thing never made me not love Tony so there's no reason it would make me not love EJ ;)

[and yes it's bullsit - I've been away from the boards long enuf that I don't even feel the need to cuss!!]

Tricky
Member Avatar

i dont think its gonna be any more triangle or quad with ejami or any of that...the last thing ej said to nicole when she asks him how she could ever repay him(for gettin the info trent wanted) was: nicole...when you get the bill for my services in the mail, send a check. a few weeks ago if nicole had asked him that he would have flirted with her or tried to hook up, glad to see thats been put a stop to and once sami convinces ej that she loves him and chooses him first and only him for who he is a bad boy dimera ej is gonna be like nicole who??? if anything its gonna be ej and sami slowly getting past everything that has come between them while nicole is a delusional interloper doing everything under the sun to try and come between ej and sami even more and in more drastic ways....this is perfect for me cause i love ejami and they are being written for now as the rooting couple in this and i love nicole when she is all fatal attraction glenn close type...this could be really fun. would not be shocked if she tried to work with stefano in an attempt to get ej for her own.

we have not seen this play out yet..spoilers can be soooo misleading but i do believe she will explain to ej what this love for lucas is all about...hence their new understanding....and this is the first interview i have read where ali doesnt say she loves lucas and all that crap but just says she has feelings for lucas...i believe those feelings for lucas have more to do with what she feels obligated to do for allie, what her family expects, etc...than it has to do with a passionate, soul stirring, never let you get a moments peace type of love she has for ej. they are just soulmates, destined. after all the shitty things santo did to colleen she died loving only him, after all the horrible things ej has done sami still loves him, the article also indicates she has held back this love for ej for quite some time so no rebound....she has been fighting againest those feelings thus only making them stronger. i have not been so excited to watch dool in months i tell you and not just for ejami, i see progress with john and marlena too, love it, also not much dansea or stax, love that also...i see more vets all being involved in regaining the things that stefano has/is taking from them...i still am not sure who is writing this stuff for the next couple of weeks but whoever it is, i am behind them 110%

Tricky
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
Aug 8 2008, 03:05 AM
Jonatha
pixsy9
If EJ and Sami stay together for good how do u think they will write her out for awhile for her maternity leave????
She could just be written off that she is going to visit Will in Europe. Last time she did tape a few scenes ahead. Just don't bring her back as Stan! :smile:
Ooo, I never thought about her visiting Will. I thought about Eric. But that's a great idea. I hope someone reads it!

Sami/EJ/Lucas/Nicole/Chloe - it has all gotten so complicated it's hard to know what to think. As a long time Lumi fan, I was won over to Ejami. But I do like EJ and Nicole and even more I like Lucas with Chloe. It's Sami I'm having trouble with. I have enjoyed the show AND the writing for the most part - but not for her.
there is also still time for them to write alis pregnancy into samis s/l with ej and then stefano finds out, kidnaps her in an attempt to get his hands on another soldier to train up just like he did with ej...stefanos one flaw in his plan is he never anticipated ej falling in love with the enemy. the kidnapping could make for alis maternity leave while ej is in full hero mode trying to rescue sami and his unborn child.

maconrich
Member Avatar

Flove both of your posts, Tricky!! :applause:

Tricky
Member Avatar

maconrich
Aug 8 2008, 04:32 AM
Flove both of your posts, Tricky!! :applause:
thanks mac....you :rockon:

bananaspider
Member Avatar

Tricky
Aug 8 2008, 04:27 AM
CinderAngelkc
Aug 8 2008, 03:05 AM
Jonatha
pixsy9

there is also still time for them to write alis pregnancy into samis s/l with ej and then stefano finds out, kidnaps her in an attempt to get his hands on another soldier to train up just like he did with ej...stefanos one flaw in his plan is he never anticipated ej falling in love with the enemy. the kidnapping could make for alis maternity leave while ej is in full hero mode trying to rescue sami and his unborn child.
I love your Sami pregnancy story line. Anything with Sami and Stephano sounds cool to me! (Except, please writers no Stan ever again!)

Jamie*C*
Member Avatar

aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 09:52 AM
I am so freaking sick of this round and round. Seriously.
Now I feel sick to my stomach again.
WTF. How is EJ her ex? Her ex stalker? Her ex rapist?
Whatever, I know I'llprobably get rocks thrown at me now, but I don't care, its the truth. I am so freaking sick of this bullshit.
Ex husband.

She admits to her feelings for EJ, but is quick to tell him that she still loves Lucas. As if Ej didnt' know that. OMG.....someone save Sami from this repetitive dialogue!!!

cjknick
The stigma of the rape will always follow EJ as long as he is written in Sami's orbit constantly and hinted at as a romantic partner for his rape victim...when he's not attempting to woo his victim, when he's being romantic and genuine with a woman whom he didn't rape and torment, and whom he isn't interested in as part of a scheme to impregnate a Brady, then he gets better reception from general fans. I don't think it's a new concept. I've seen a lot of JnJs say that they were not fans of Jack when he raped Kayla, but became fans when he was with Jen. I imagine that if Jack had continued on with Kayla as a romantic partner, then he'd still have been referred to as a rapist often and maybe not acquired as many fans....oh well, as an EJ fan I personally like when people who previously were not interested in in him can now see him in a positive light.

I can understand the argument from the perspective of someone that believes 12/29 was actually rape, but for the thousands of Ejami fans that do not believe it was rape, there is no stigma to worry about. I think Ejami fans are being discounted in this way. And not all general fans agree 12/29 was rape. Also, I think the question here is, if one can vehemently point the rapist finger and then squeeee! at Ej and Nicole, it calls into question the agenda. I personally have seen the "ECOLI" banners go up before Nicole even got to Salem, all by disgruntled Lumi fans.

I understand your concept that Ej will never be likable with Sami, but what you're not saying is, that he's not likeable with Sami for those that consider 12/29 rape. And those that do like Ejami don't understand how someone could root for what they consider a rapist to be with another woman. That's like cheering on the BTK killer when he starts dating someone new. ;)

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Jamie*C*
Aug 13 2008, 01:10 PM
aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 09:52 AM
I am so freaking sick of this round and round. Seriously.
Now I feel sick to my stomach again.
WTF. How is EJ her ex? Her ex stalker? Her ex rapist?
Whatever, I know I'llprobably get rocks thrown at me now, but I don't care, its the truth. I am so freaking sick of this bullshit.
Ex husband.

She admits to her feelings for EJ, but is quick to tell him that she still loves Lucas. As if Ej didnt' know that. OMG.....someone save Sami from this repetitive dialogue!!!

cjknick

I can understand the argument from the perspective of someone that believes 12/29 was actually rape, but for the thousands of Ejami fans that do not believe it was rape, there is no stigma to worry about. I think Ejami fans are being discounted in this way. And not all general fans agree 12/29 was rape. Also, I think the question here is, if one can vehemently point the rapist finger and then squeeee! at Ej and Nicole, it calls into question the agenda. I personally have seen the "ECOLI" banners go up before Nicole even got to Salem, all by disgruntled Lumi fans.

I understand your concept that Ej will never be likable with Sami, but what you're not saying is, that he's not likeable with Sami for those that consider 12/29 rape. And those that do like Ejami don't understand how someone could root for what they consider a rapist to be with another woman. That's like cheering on the BTK killer when he starts dating someone new. ;)
I know all of this about the perspective of Ejami fans, I used to be one. I'm just pointing the general sentiment I have read from non-ejami fans, my own observations. I still don't get why it's incomprehensible to like a "rapist" with someone other than his/her victim, just look at Todd on OLTL :P
Edited by DolceDiMera, Aug 13 2008, 03:32 PM.

ges
Member Avatar

As for Sami telling EJ she has "feelings" for him but still loves Lucas Been there, done that

It strikes me as odd that just about all of these "Ejole" fans are flying a Lumi siggy. Just sayin.........

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I wish they would just put EJ and Sami together and get rid of them.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

I have to say that I have been really enjoying this week, mostly due to the undeniable chemistry between EJ and Sami. They are fantastic together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply