Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami kisses EJ!
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 08:19 AM (6,630 Views)
squee
Member Avatar

Emma Frost
Aug 13 2008, 11:56 PM
mostly due to the undeniable chemistry between EJ and Sami.
And yet, here I am, denying it :laugh:

I don't think she has chemistry with anyone; she's a giant sucking black hole. They should either write her out for at least a year, or better yet, if Ali is so insistent on having Sami be pregnant, then do that and have Sami die in childbirth.

She can go out in a blaze of shrieking glory :smile:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

squee
Aug 14 2008, 12:11 AM
Emma Frost

I don't think she has chemistry with anyone; she's a giant sucking black hole. They should either write her out for at least a year, or better yet, if Ali is so insistent on having Sami be pregnant, then do that and have Sami die in childbirth.

I have to admit that was very funny. :hail:

CindyJean
Member Avatar

ges
Aug 14 2008, 07:39 AM
squee
Emma Frost

I think Ali is a very remarkable woman in her own right. Fluent in two language, an accomplished violinist, and a mother/wife who doesn't live a Hollywood lifestyle. What about her would make me want her to lose her job?

None of this is real. Stories and characters change all the time. Julie Olson Wiliams was ten times worse than Sami and look at her now. I don't like it when WRITER'S use stupid, immature, irresponsible stories like rape as romance at all! But is that James Scott's fault? No, he doesn't like it either and I personally think he's one of the best actors on the show - as well as being easy on the eyes.

If Days ratings go up when Sami and Ej are together and down when they are apart it is a big clue. I love the show and don't want it to end. If I didn't - I wouldn't watch. I have loved Lucas and Sami for years and wanted them together - but some relationships are just not healthy and the way they are writing them NOW - not a year and half or two years ago - it is not healthy. Divorce doesn't mean hatred and enemy for all people - I know this from experience. But maybe, just maybe, they need to write Sami as getting a backbone - standing up for herself and making it as a strong woman and mother.

Ultimately does it matter who is PRETENDING to sleep with who if it is a great story? I don't think so. I also see more chemistry between Sami and Ej than 80% of the other couples on this show.
Edited by CindyJean, Aug 15 2008, 06:20 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ok I just watched the scene .... WOW all I can say is WOW! it gets so tender and so intimate - and without sex just a simple kiss! Fantastic scene!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
Aug 14 2008, 03:08 PM
ges
Aug 14 2008, 07:39 AM
squee
Emma Frost

I think Ali is a very remarkable woman in her own right. Fluent in two language, an accomplished violinist, and a mother/wife who doesn't live a Hollywood lifestyle. What about her would make me want her to lose her job?

None of this is real. Stories and characters change all the time. Julie Olson Wiliams was ten times worse than Sami and look at her now. I don't like it when WRITER'S use stupid, immature, irresponsible stories like rape as romance at all! But is that James Scott's fault? No, he doesn't like it either and I personally think he's one of the best actors on the show - as well as being easy on the eyes.

If Days ratings go up when Sami and Ej are together and down when they are apart it is a big clue. I love the show and don't want it to end. If I didn't - I wouldn't watch. I have loved Lucas and Sami for years and wanted them together - but some relationships are just not healthy and the way they are writing them NOW - not a year and half or two years ago - it is not healthy. Divorce doesn't mean hatred and enemy for all people - I know this from experience. But maybe, just maybe, they need to write Sami as getting a backbone - standing up for herself and making it as a strong woman and mother.

Ultimately does it matter who is PRETENDING to sleep with who if it is a great story? I don't think so. I also see more chemistry between Sami and Ej than 80% of the other couples on this show.
Great post!!!

proshutterbug
Member Avatar

Ok I have stayed out of the fray of EJ/Sami/Lucas..because..well... I just didn't care. I don't care about what happened in the car...I don't care if Sami is meant to be with Lucas or EJ. Soulmates or whatever...I just never saw anything in this triangle to care about..When EJ , Sami, or Lucas was on...I would just Fast forward...I simply didn't care. My focus was on another couple who has been slammed just as bad as any EJami fan has...I like Daniel and Chelsea...just look at my signature...and we all know how much Dansea fans have been blasted for loving our couple. That said...I am jumping in here now because I have fallen for another couple as well....I love EJ and Nicole together...I have never slammed EJ or any other character on the show because I simply realize that they are fictional characters that are written to act the way they act..and I love the way EJ and Nicole are acting together. I believe they are a much better match than this endless marry-go-round that we have had to suffer through for the last two years. I don't throw stones at anyones opinions and have always just said what I felt..and I see super hot chemistry between Ari and James. They are amazing to watch together. The only time I have ever cared about EJ is when he has been with Nicole. I love how they have had Nicole grow since she came back. Ari has always been a wonderful actress but she has really shined with this storyline...James Scott is also a wonderful actor..(I watched him on AMC as Ethan and loved him there as well) but I just haven't cared about his storyline. With Ari, James has really came back to life in my opinion and reminded me why I was such a fan when he was on AMC. I am just glad that I now have two couples on the show to care about...because as you know..anything can happen on a soap.
Edited by proshutterbug, Aug 14 2008, 06:10 PM.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

proshutterbug
Aug 14 2008, 06:08 PM
Ok I have stayed out of the fray of EJ/Sami/Lucas..because..well... I just didn't care. I don't care about what happened in the car...I don't care if Sami is meant to be with Lucas or EJ. Soulmates or whatever...I just never saw anything in this triangle to care about..When EJ , Sami, or Lucas was on...I would just Fast forward...I simply didn't care. My focus was on another couple who has been slammed just as bad as any EJami fan has...I like Daniel and Chelsea...just look at my signature...and we all know how much Dansea fans have been blasted for loving our couple. That said...I am jumping in here now because I have fallen for another couple as well....I love EJ and Nicole together...I have never slammed EJ or any other character on the show because I simply realize that they are fictional characters that are written to act the way they act..and I love the way EJ and Nicole are acting together. I believe they are a much better match than this endless marry-go-round that we have had to suffer through for the last two years. I don't throw stones at anyones opinions and have always just said what I felt..and I see super hot chemistry between Ari and James. They are amazing to watch together. The only time I have ever cared about EJ is when he has been with Nicole. I love how they have had Nicole grow since she came back. Ari has always been a wonderful actress but she has really shined with this storyline...James Scott is also a wonderful actor..(I watched him on AMC as Ethan and loved him there as well) but I just haven't cared about his storyline. With Ari, James has really came back to life in my opinion and reminded me why I was such a fan when he was on AMC. I am just glad that I now have two couples on the show to care about...because as you know..anything can happen on a soap.
I love Daniel and Chelsea and I am not happy with what they are doing with the couple or the story. But if they do it...they do it. I just don't want him saddled with the wicked witch of the West - Kate. I would accept Nicole with Daniel - never Kate.

I do think Ari and James have chemistry too. But I see more with Ali - that is just my opinion. If I were watching what I want to see Belle with be back and with Philip and Daniel would be with Chelsea. I'm probably never going to get what I want. But I will take what I do get it the story is well done and be a fan of the show.
Edited by CindyJean, Aug 15 2008, 06:22 PM.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

I loved Fridays episode and I love Ejami. I think this is the beginning of a couple who should have been together a long time ago. I'm sure Nicole will try her best to come between them though. Sami was finally honest with Ej about her feelings for him and how she tried to forget him but couldn't. Ej has loved her too long to ignore her honesty with him. Go Ejami! :cheer:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ges
Aug 13 2008, 03:35 PM
The notion that the Ejole fanbase consists of Lumi fans with a hidden agenda is nonsense. Results of some internet polls created by Ejami fans who feel "threatened" do not negate the countless posts I've seen from various users that they have no interest in Lumi or Ejami but could never enjoy watching EJ terrorize/romance his rape victtim, but are now enjoying the character with Nicole because of the side she brings out of him. There are also many who liked EJ before he went "BSC", whether they are Lumi fans or not, and have always liked James, but again, they hated EJ when he became totally dark and was terrorizing/romancing his rape victim. I've also encountered some who simply (believe it or not) have never seen the "undeniable chemistry" between Ejami and think Ejole have chem in spades. Then of course, there are some former Ejamis (like me) who were sick of Sami and the exhausting, staganant Ejami relationship, and wanted to finally see EJ with a woman who adores everything about him and wants him as first choice (especially with an awesome chick like Nicole), as opposed to Sami who constantly picks Lucas over him, and only showed EJ a modicum of affection once she concluded that he was changed into a goody two shoes and could support her and the children when Lucas was unavailable.

As for Sami telling EJ she has "feelings" for him but still loves Lucas Been there, done that

It strikes me as odd that just about all of these "Ejole" fans are flying a Lumi siggy. Just sayin.........
Excuse me? Do you see a Lumi banner in my signature? Never had one. No place.
Plus, even if they were Lumi fans liking EJole, so what? I DO happen to know of Lumi fans who like EJole for what you would probably consider "good reasons". I know EJami fans who are now EJole fans. HEll, I know Ejami fans who are Lucas and Chloe fans now!
Why is it so uncomprehensible that people can change their minds about characters? I couldn't stand Martha Madison's Belle unless Belle was with a Philip, especially JKJ's Philip. I felt there was a difference in the personality. I didn't like Mimi OR Shawn until they were put together.
I liked Ejami AND Lumi, both, and would have been happy either way until THAT day. Then, I had a hard time with EJami, not necessarily because of THE DAY, but because of the sudden redemption of EJ simply because he told MArlena where John was. Not only that, but the Lucas bashing on boards that turned into BD bashing got way out of hand. Then, I was turned off to Lumi because of the frequent use of the word "rapist". BOTH groups had people that just made the whole idea blech to me. Between that and Sami's bipolar attitudes, that was it.
Then, when I saw how well (I considered) Arianne Zucker and James Scott worked together, I was hooked and thought there was a new chance to enjoy EJ and give the character a fresh start, away from the controversy. I'll wager that's what others saw, too. Sure, maybe there are some that root for EJole only to save Lumi (which right now, isn't happening, at least for a while. Lucas needs a break). BUT, by the same token, there are EJammers whom I KNOW are rooting for Lucas and Chloe just to get Lucas away from Sami. So, anyway.......

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CinderAngelkc
Aug 15 2008, 06:19 PM
proshutterbug
Aug 14 2008, 06:08 PM
I love Daniel and Chelsea and I am not happy with what they are doing with the couple or the story. But if they do it...they do it. I just don't want him saddled with the wicked witch of the West - Kate. I would accept Nicole with Daniel - never Kate.

I do think Ari and James have chemistry too. But I see more with Ali - that is just my opinion. If I were watching what I want to see Belle with be back and with Philip and Daniel would be with Chelsea. I'm probably never going to get what I want. But I will take what I do get it the story is well done and be a fan of the show.
And after raking you over the coals the other day, I will have to say....I like the attitude of this post! Well put. ;) That's how I feel. I kinda figured EJole wouldn't last, but I was hoping for a LITTLE more time. I usually don't win out when it comes to the "newer" couples, but it's offset by simply being a fan of the whole show.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 13 2008, 03:29 PM
Jamie*C*
Aug 13 2008, 01:10 PM
aimees76
Aug 7 2008, 09:52 AM
I am so freaking sick of this round and round. Seriously.
Now I feel sick to my stomach again.
WTF. How is EJ her ex? Her ex stalker? Her ex rapist?
Whatever, I know I'llprobably get rocks thrown at me now, but I don't care, its the truth. I am so freaking sick of this bullshit.
Ex husband.

She admits to her feelings for EJ, but is quick to tell him that she still loves Lucas. As if Ej didnt' know that. OMG.....someone save Sami from this repetitive dialogue!!!

cjknick
Aug 7 2008, 03:44 PM
The stigma of the rape will always follow EJ as long as he is written in Sami's orbit constantly and hinted at as a romantic partner for his rape victim...when he's not attempting to woo his victim, when he's being romantic and genuine with a woman whom he didn't rape and torment, and whom he isn't interested in as part of a scheme to impregnate a Brady, then he gets better reception from general fans. I don't think it's a new concept. I've seen a lot of JnJs say that they were not fans of Jack when he raped Kayla, but became fans when he was with Jen. I imagine that if Jack had continued on with Kayla as a romantic partner, then he'd still have been referred to as a rapist often and maybe not acquired as many fans....oh well, as an EJ fan I personally like when people who previously were not interested in in him can now see him in a positive light.

I can understand the argument from the perspective of someone that believes 12/29 was actually rape, but for the thousands of Ejami fans that do not believe it was rape, there is no stigma to worry about. I think Ejami fans are being discounted in this way. And not all general fans agree 12/29 was rape. Also, I think the question here is, if one can vehemently point the rapist finger and then squeeee! at Ej and Nicole, it calls into question the agenda. I personally have seen the "ECOLI" banners go up before Nicole even got to Salem, all by disgruntled Lumi fans.

I understand your concept that Ej will never be likable with Sami, but what you're not saying is, that he's not likeable with Sami for those that consider 12/29 rape. And those that do like Ejami don't understand how someone could root for what they consider a rapist to be with another woman. That's like cheering on the BTK killer when he starts dating someone new. ;)
I know all of this about the perspective of Ejami fans, I used to be one. I'm just pointing the general sentiment I have read from non-ejami fans, my own observations. I still don't get why it's incomprehensible to like a "rapist" with someone other than his/her victim, just look at Todd on OLTL :P
And Jack on Days itself. Jack raped Kayla. Jack went through some agonizing times as he tried to make peace with what he did to Kayla. The writers never tried to pair him with Kayla on a romantic level. And then Jack met Jennifer and a super couple was born. That makes sense. This is how I view EJole happening.

Sami = Kayla
EJ = Jack
Nicole = Jennifer

And the thing with EJ and Sami... it wasn't just that he raped her. Take 12/29 out of the equation. EJ still stalked Sami, terrorized her, destroyed her marriage, tried to kill off various members of her family (John, Steve, Bo, Shawn), threatened her, threatened members of her family, put her life danger, put the lives of her unborn twins in danger, etc, etc, etc. So even if you don't view 12/29 as rape, I don't see how I can justify all of the other things that EJ has done to the point where he could be considered as a romantic partner with Sami. That is just my opinion however.
Edited by mesagirl, Aug 19 2008, 07:28 PM.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Aug 19 2008, 07:27 PM
DolceDiMera
Jamie*C*
aimees76
Whatever, I know I'llprobably get rocks thrown at me now, but I don't care, its the truth. I am so freaking sick of this bullshit.
Ex husband.

She admits to her feelings for EJ, but is quick to tell him that she still loves Lucas. As if Ej didnt' know that. OMG.....someone save Sami from this repetitive dialogue!!!

cjknick
The stigma of the rape will always follow EJ as long as he is written in Sami's orbit constantly and hinted at as a romantic partner for his rape victim...when he's not attempting to woo his victim, when he's being romantic and genuine with a woman whom he didn't rape and torment, and whom he isn't interested in as part of a scheme to impregnate a Brady, then he gets better reception from general fans. I don't think it's a new concept. I've seen a lot of JnJs say that they were not fans of Jack when he raped Kayla, but became fans when he was with Jen. I imagine that if Jack had continued on with Kayla as a romantic partner, then he'd still have been referred to as a rapist often and maybe not acquired as many fans....oh well, as an EJ fan I personally like when people who previously were not interested in in him can now see him in a positive light.

I can understand the argument from the perspective of someone that believes 12/29 was actually rape, but for the thousands of Ejami fans that do not believe it was rape, there is no stigma to worry about. I think Ejami fans are being discounted in this way. And not all general fans agree 12/29 was rape. Also, I think the question here is, if one can vehemently point the rapist finger and then squeeee! at Ej and Nicole, it calls into question the agenda. I personally have seen the "ECOLI" banners go up before Nicole even got to Salem, all by disgruntled Lumi fans.

I understand your concept that Ej will never be likable with Sami, but what you're not saying is, that he's not likeable with Sami for those that consider 12/29 rape. And those that do like Ejami don't understand how someone could root for what they consider a rapist to be with another woman. That's like cheering on the BTK killer when he starts dating someone new. ;)
I know all of this about the perspective of Ejami fans, I used to be one. I'm just pointing the general sentiment I have read from non-ejami fans, my own observations. I still don't get why it's incomprehensible to like a "rapist" with someone other than his/her victim, just look at Todd on OLTL :P
And Jack on Days itself. Jack raped Kayla. Jack went through some agonizing times as he tried to make peace with what he did to Kayla. The writers never tried to pair him with Kayla on a romantic level. And then Jack met Jennifer and a super couple was born. That makes sense. This is how I view EJole happening.

Sami = Kayla
EJ = Jack
Nicole = Jennifer

And the thing with EJ and Sami... it wasn't just that he raped her. Take 12/29 out of the equation. EJ still stalked Sami, terrorized her, destroyed her marriage, tried to kill off various members of her family (John, Steve, Bo, Shawn), threatened her, threatened members of her family, put her life danger, put the lives of her unborn twins in danger, etc, etc, etc. So even if you don't view 12/29 as rape, I don't see how I can justify all of the other things that EJ has done to the point where he could be considered as a romantic partner with Sami. That is just my opinion however.
Don't you mean to say he broke up Lumi?

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

mesagirl

Sami = Kayla
EJ = Jack
Nicole = Jennifer

Comparing current stories to past stories is part of the problem with Days. The show needs to create new stories and not live in the past.

But even so, if you are comparing Jack and EJ. Sami and Kayla. Steve and Kayla are a bonafide supercouple. Their wedding over twenty years ago was the last time Days was #1 in the ratings.

Because Jack and Kayla never ended up as a romantic couple doesn't mean Sami and EJ can't be together. Matt and Mary Beth do not have the type of chemistry that Ali and James do that would be necessary to overcome such a dark moment in their history as 12/29.

Genie and Tony on GH had that type of on screen chemistry too where just nothing was going to stop them.

Days has done their best to stop EJami from happening but it's here and its not going away.

And what everyone seems to forget is that Sami is not a saint. Nothing EJ has done has to be justified for him to be with Sami. They are both screw ups with checkered pasts. Grey personas. That is what makes them work. EJ has done things to make up for what he did and most of the people he hurt have forgiven him including Sami. So he is still pulling some schemes to try to keep his family together. He is not out stealing kidneys, black mailing women to sleep with him, or shooting his uncle anymore. He has changed from black to grey.
Edited by ElvisDiMera, Aug 19 2008, 08:15 PM.

pixsy9

I just read the Prevuze for Thurs (08/21/08) episode.....has anyone seen it ????? I'm really getting confused....I want to know why they stop kissing.......and also where they go from here????

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

pixsy9
Aug 20 2008, 11:01 AM
I just read the Prevuze for Thurs (08/21/08) episode.....has anyone seen it ????? I'm really getting confused....I want to know why they stop kissing.......and also where they go from here????
Sorry pixsy9, but I don't think even the writers know where they go from here.

pixsy9

I also read that ej tries to explain to nicole.......and nicole asked if he meant it when he said he wanted to give their relationship a chance.....and he said yes.....i'm getting really confused ....can anyone help me out??????

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

pixsy9
Aug 20 2008, 02:40 PM
I also read that ej tries to explain to nicole.......and nicole asked if he meant it when he said he wanted to give their relationship a chance.....and he said yes.....i'm getting really confused ....can anyone help me out??????
Maybe he means that when he said it, he meant it. But things have changed now that he has another shot with the love of his life, Samantha.

pixsy9

I hope ur right!!!!!!!

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Shakabigfoot
Aug 19 2008, 07:58 PM
mesagirl
DolceDiMera
Jamie*C*
aimees76
Ex husband.

cjknick

Sami = Kayla
EJ = Jack
Nicole = Jennifer

Don't you mean to say he broke up Lumi?
No Shaka... he destroyed her marriage. She could have been married to anyone, EJ didn't care who it was, just that he couldn't have what he wanted to possess. Just because she was married to Lucas does not make what EJ did to Sami acceptable.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

ElvisDiMera
Aug 19 2008, 08:12 PM
mesagirl

Sami = Kayla
EJ = Jack
Nicole = Jennifer

Comparing current stories to past stories is part of the problem with Days. The show needs to create new stories and not live in the past.

But even so, if you are comparing Jack and EJ. Sami and Kayla. Steve and Kayla are a bonafide supercouple. Their wedding over twenty years ago was the last time Days was #1 in the ratings.

Because Jack and Kayla never ended up as a romantic couple doesn't mean Sami and EJ can't be together. Matt and Mary Beth do not have the type of chemistry that Ali and James do that would be necessary to overcome such a dark moment in their history as 12/29.

Genie and Tony on GH had that type of on screen chemistry too where just nothing was going to stop them.

Days has done their best to stop EJami from happening but it's here and its not going away.

And what everyone seems to forget is that Sami is not a saint. Nothing EJ has done has to be justified for him to be with Sami. They are both screw ups with checkered pasts. Grey personas. That is what makes them work. EJ has done things to make up for what he did and most of the people he hurt have forgiven him including Sami. So he is still pulling some schemes to try to keep his family together. He is not out stealing kidneys, black mailing women to sleep with him, or shooting his uncle anymore. He has changed from black to grey.
I agree with you... Sami is no saint. And EJ has gone from black to grey. However, that doesn't get him off the hook for all the things he's done in the past. It doesn't change the fact that EJ waged a personal war against Sami and her family. And although Sami is no saint, Sami did nothing to incur EJ's wrath other than to breathe and be in love with another man.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply