Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carolyn Hinsey Fired
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 12:27 PM (6,925 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

*Breaking News*

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/10256846

According to SoapZone, she has been fired from her post as editor at Soap Opera Digest.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Why? that's a dumb move.

Mason

HAHA! I really can't stand that cow.

Ponz
Member Avatar

:wave: :lol:

kserox10

I will not miss her......................

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please oh please let the door hit her where the good lord split her...... :wave:

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Steve, she's editor of Soap Opera Weekly. Perhaps Digest just killed her editorial in Digest.
Edited by hunterforrester, Aug 7 2008, 12:59 PM.

squee
Member Avatar

According to jossip.com, she was fired from Weekly :cheer:

Soap Opera Weekly Editor Carolyn Hinsey Fired

Breaking: Carolyn Hinsey, editor of Soap Opera Weekly, was just fired, we’re told. Hinsey is described to us as “a truly malicious, horrible human being.” If true, then more of you must have stories!

Update: “Budgetary” reasons is one excuse being thrown around, which would mean SOW would have to replace Hinsey with somebody less experienced (read: cheaper) for that to pan out. Other possibilities for her removal? Numerous HR problems and complaints about Hinsey, who’s said to be “a yeller and screamer” and a “bully.” “Anger management classes were mentioned several years ago,” says one well-informed source.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Never knew who she was but I read she outed Dena. LOL
Dena must be jumping up & down.

King
Member Avatar

I don't want to take any pleasure in someone's firing or pain, but this really should have happened YEARS ago.

peaches179

Mason
Aug 7 2008, 12:34 PM
HAHA! I really can't stand that cow.

Me either! Good riddance

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Never cared for her.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Now this is news that made me laugh out loud! :lol:
Edited by aimees76, Aug 7 2008, 02:23 PM.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

I love her column in SOD. SOW is pretty much a rag though. If they want to keep subscribers happy they should concentrate more on getting the magazines delivered on time not the Monday or Tuesday after SOD is delivered.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I have the story in tomorrow's SUDS.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I hope she was fired from both SOD and SOW. I don't like her at all and never agreed with her column. They need someone more in touch with today's soap fans to edit the mags and write editorials.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

ElvisDiMera
Aug 7 2008, 03:03 PM
I hope she was fired from both SOD and SOW. I don't like her at all and never agreed with her column. They need someone more in touch with today's soap fans to edit the mags and write editorials.
Her views on male rape and rape in general shocked me and made me mad as hell....... :flipoff:

Gregorzick

Hinsey should have been fired years ago after that debacle on "The View" where she had no clue about how the Emmys worked and who would be nominated!!! She's been out of touch with both the industry and the fans for way too long.

Shylock

Rhiannon
Aug 7 2008, 03:10 PM
ElvisDiMera
Aug 7 2008, 03:03 PM
Her views on male rape and rape in general shocked me and made me mad as hell....... :flipoff:
Could you elaborate, please?

hops
Member Avatar

Great news!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply