Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carolyn Hinsey Fired
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 12:27 PM (7,223 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 7 2008, 03:10 PM
ElvisDiMera
Aug 7 2008, 03:03 PM
I hope she was fired from both SOD and SOW. I don't like her at all and never agreed with her column. They need someone more in touch with today's soap fans to edit the mags and write editorials.
Her views on male rape and rape in general shocked me and made me mad as hell....... :flipoff:
Was she the one that said that men can't get raped or something?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Great news. Hopefully SOW will go back to being the once great magazine it was and not a tabloid soap magazine. I used to like it much more than SOD. Now SOD is far superior to it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

It is wrong to rejoyce in someone's misfortune, but dammit in her case I just can not help it...She turned my stomache with her bullshit about how men could not be raped, just disgusting....I also thought her articles sucked eggs...bye bye vampire lady!
Edited by Red Mist, Aug 7 2008, 04:36 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Aug 7 2008, 04:33 PM
Rhiannon
ElvisDiMera
I hope she was fired from both SOD and SOW. I don't like her at all and never agreed with her column. They need someone more in touch with today's soap fans to edit the mags and write editorials.
Her views on male rape and rape in general shocked me and made me mad as hell....... :flipoff:
Yes. She flat out said men can not be raped. It was moronic.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

jcar03
Aug 7 2008, 04:35 PM
Sindacco
Aug 7 2008, 04:33 PM
Rhiannon
ElvisDiMera
Yes. She flat out said men can not be raped. It was moronic.
I've heard about this. When did she say it, what was the context of it? Was it about Jax on GH?
Edited by DolceDiMera, Aug 7 2008, 04:39 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Yes it was about Jax. I don't remember word for word what her article said but I'm sure if you google it you will find it.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Good. She sucked.

Sorry she lost her job but ugh, she was crap.

deefanUBS

Quote:

Breaking: Carolyn Hinsey, editor of Soap Opera Weekly, was just fired, we’re told. Hinsey is described to us as “a truly malicious, horrible human being.”

Numerous HR problems and complaints about Hinsey, who’s said to be “a yeller and screamer” and a “bully.” “Anger management classes were mentioned several years ago,” says one well-informed source.

LOL! Sounds like her to me! :P

Anger management! :lol:

So long Carolyn. :wave:

Edited by deefanUBS, Aug 7 2008, 05:24 PM.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Mason
Aug 7 2008, 12:34 PM
HAHA! I really can't stand that cow.
Neither can I. That bitch trolls the net and got mad because I dared to post the interview I did with SOW. So, :rockon: :wave:

Wonder why her milk went sour. Besides the fact she's a loudmouth wench and an ignorant bitch to the extreme.
Edited by Q Steph, Aug 7 2008, 05:58 PM.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Aug 7 2008, 04:35 PM
It is wrong to rejoyce in someone's misfortune, but dammit in her case I just can not help it...She turned my stomache with her bullshit about how men could not be raped, just disgusting....I also thought her articles sucked eggs...bye bye vampire lady!
Schadenfreude (IPA: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏ̯də] Audio (German) (help·info)) is enjoyment taken from the misfortune of someone else.

I'm right there with you. :D :cheer:

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

This is basically what Hinsey said regarding the men can't be raped thing:

Quote:

Hey, GH fans: Why so angry?

My pal at TV Guide, Michael Logan and I do not believe that women can physically "rape" men any more than people can come back from the dead or get a new head (I mean with a recast, no plastic surgery). So what? You are WELCOME to believe something else and to send your opinions to him and to me. But the fury and anger are severely misplaced.

For those wondering why Michael Logan is being dragged into this, he wrote a print column in early September questioning the motives of the protesters. His online follow-up is here.

First of all, if you don't like GH labeling Jax's encounter with Irina 'cheating' then write to them, not to me.

Second, there is a certain physical...thing...that has to happen to men so that they can have sex, which I just don't see happening when a Rocky and Bullwinkle style villain climbs on your lap with an Uzi after you've been beaten to a pulp. If Jax were a real person (!) he would have been more concerned with the ringing in his ears and getting some water than arousing himself for a cartoon villain.

Lastly, soaps are pretend. So please don't threaten me and/or Michael because we stated our opinions about fictional stories. Thanks.

I just disagreed with her most often than not, so I have no issue with her firing. I can't wait to hear the scoop on why she was fired though.
Edited by PoisonIvy, Aug 7 2008, 06:21 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

OMG, nobody can possibly be that stupid. It's my understanding that an erection is a physical response and you don't necessarily have to be aroused to have one. Am I wrong?

Jonatha

OneBadKitty
Aug 7 2008, 07:03 PM
OMG, nobody can possibly be that stupid. It's my understanding that an erection is a physical response and you don't necessarily have to be aroused to have one. Am I wrong?
Well, as a woman who was happily married for over 30 years I can tell you that you are not wrong. And yes, Hinsley appears to be that stupid.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
You are not wrong! I hate ignorant people like Carolyn who excuse rape because they refuse to educate themselves. An orgasm is a biological function. It doesn't negate the absence of consent.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OneBadKitty
From what I understand, newly killed men can have had erections. It's an instinct to keep the species going, apparently. Fear can cause it, too. (Sorry, too much Law and Order!!)
Carolyn Hinsey is ignorant.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Carolyn needs to watch a reruns of Law and Order: Special Victim Unit. Or watch Oz!

DanielRand

I second what Mulder said...maybe SOW can become a respected magazine again. I bought it from Day One until sometime in 2004. SOW under Mimi Torchin had always impressed me in that it followed standards of journalism and was an actual credit to daytime. I was PROUD of SOW!

After Mimi left, things started to slide...it was clear that Mimi's replacement, Linda Susman, was being pushed out. For one thing, Susman had a tiny little box on the main editorial page and Hinsey took up the rest of it with her usual "I know you're buying this magazine to read what I think...I party with soap stars! Ain't I sassy?" columns. Add to that unnamed sources, stupid filler (like those "What's In Your Purse?" roundups...yeesh) and enough spoilers that one didn't need to watch the shows anymore...well, I could do better with a couple bucks a week than buy a magazine that had less than five minutes worth of reading in it.

After I dumped SOW I went 'spoiler free'...I like to know whether actors are coming or going, but not how their characters are being written in or out. I've never looked back and have enjoyed my soap (GL) a lot more for it.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I lost all respect for SOW the week they came out with the issue that had "Gerald Anthony commits suicide!" screaming from the cover.

I found that tacky and extremely insensitive.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

SOW is just a bootleg National Enquirer. But the NE doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is.

SOW's headlines are so blatantly misleading and the content, for the most part, has nothing to do with soaps. It's just about celebrities and reality shows.

King
Member Avatar

She was a conceited bitch whenever she was on Soap Talk. She turned me off the most there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply