Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carolyn Hinsey Fired
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 12:27 PM (7,318 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Don't need to be a fly on the wall - someone just posted about what went down today in the SOD offices.

Congratulations ladies. You've just destroyed what was once a daytime icon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Aug 11 2008, 09:42 PM
Don't need to be a fly on the wall - someone just posted about what went down today in the SOD offices.
Oooh, can you post it here (or at least the gist of it)?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I'm fine with whatever anyone says, I just wish people would use their real names. Not taking sides, but just saying you know? But yes, Sariah — the industry is coming apart at the seams.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Not the industry Nelson, just SOD/SOW. We still have SID who can expand and go back to covering Days as well. Or they can put someone in charge of the magazines (what is Mimi Torchin doing these days?) that can and has actually run them properly.

An update was posted tonight by a person whose sister's roommate works for Weekly. Apparently she came home and cried in the bathroom for two hours but after reading the post, I'm thinking they were tears of relief. According to this person, every employee was called into a private meeting with Human Relations. All were asked about Leahey and Sloane. Most told HR that they feared retribution if the women were allowed to stay.

I think they may be packing their bags as we speak. Neither of them are very optimistic at this point. The poster also said that HR is trying to delay the NY Post story that's supposed to run on Wednesday, asking for one more week. It was also mentioned that Hinsey was still trying to throw her weight around and tried to contact HR to throw Leahey under the bus. HR refused to speak to her. The poster also said that 2 soaps have pulled cover stories away from SOD and that all 8 shows have turned their backs on Leahey.

It was rumored on another board (I believe it was you who said it, Nelson) that SOW is probably going to become online only.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, wow! :OhMy:

Mimi Torchin for Editor of SOD!

Gregorzick

Oh, if the late great soap journalists like Paul Denis and Jon Michael Reed coulld see this shit going down today, they would puke!!! :puke:

Hell, those two truly great gentlemen of the soap press are no doubt in spinning in their graves over all this bullshit!!!! :shame:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Here's the entire post OBK mentioned.......

Quote:

My sister’s roommate is a wreck. It was not as bad as it could have been. They were not threatened but ADVISED strongly not to be on this board.

This is what happened today. When each got in, there was a memo by email setting up appointments for EACH and EVERY employee to come to HR at a set time.

Lynn Layanyone Famous and Stephanie Slut too. Stephanie has obviously been stressed all weekend, she had sores broken out all over her lips, face, etc… She was very rude and cold to everyone.

Lynn came in, with her head down even wearing sun glasses, didn’t speak to a soul. Slammed her door, she got hauled in for the first meeting. Her meeting lasted 2 hours!

Then it was one employee after another. They were all asked and promised this meeting was confidential. They were for the MOST part, Alan can attest that many are afraid, but they were honest.

Each employee was even asked if they felt they could continue to work for Lynn, if they felt threatened by her, how did they feel about Stephanie?

Most were honest, my sister’s roommate was. She and others said that they could NEVER work under Lynn or Stephanie again. That they felt very threatened, they explained that if they kept her, that they would face her wrath as soon as it is all over.

They also found out that Carolyn Hinsey called HR today threatening information on Lynn. She wanted to come in and talk to them. They declined. They told her that she was NO LONGER welcome on the premises and if she showed up, they would call the Police and File Trespassing charges, but that she was able to email or FAX her synopsis or stories about Lynn.

This lady believes with all of her heart, that HR is going to let Lynn go. And Stephanie.

Seems that BRAVE Frank Tobin and others, including Executive Producers got information from their shows’ publicists, etc… and contacted the company headquarters today.

There are even at least 2 SHOWS who will no longer give cover features to DIGEST.

Lynn’s days are numbered. People brought up in their private meetings with HR, that Lynn and Stephanie are telling people that they will be gone by December. One HR person confided in my sis’s roommate, that they will be gone long before that.

Also, Carolyn had a HIT LIST. Get this. The broad had kept Stephanie and Lynn and HER OWN misdeeds recorded for years. She even has offered audio tapes and documentation.

Lynn was rude and cold all day. Stephanie was rude and frosty as well. Lynn has to go out of town this week to meet with people.

One bit of good news! Your emails are working at the headquarters. They WANT to hear from fans. You cannot believe this, because Hinsey and Sloane have shown contempt for you. But FANS!!!!!
Listen to me - listen clearly. You guys can get rid of these women once and for all!

Carolyn Hinsey is a wreck. She’s mad and making a list of all of her former employees that she’s hated for years. She told Catherine Hickland that she can’t find a job and that she hates everyone. Catherine baited her, like a pro and asked her if she was going to try to get even with her enemies.

Carolyn said, NOT try, she would, Lynn and Stephanie being the firsts. Well, Catherine called Lynn, who reported it to HR!

Carolyn is a loose wire, she’s been so vile to people that she cannot find even one former or current employee who will defend her. It was a shock to all of them that she’d tried to reach out to them. NO ONE is taking her bait.

She’s gone!!!!

The only problem is - Source Int.. is trying to broker a deal to keep Page Six from writing about the story. They want one week to settle the matter. That’s “media talk” for please give us a week to get rid of these other 2 broads before you write about it, so we can take a HIT - with our stock, etc… once and not more than that.

Lynn was overheard telling someone on her CELL phone that she didn’t think she’d last the week. That none of the shows would back her up. She blames everyone, including you fans, NOT herself.

She is a total victim. WITCH!

More shortly, my sister is still getting more details, but wanted you to know the employees are all fine, except emotionally. They are reading these board, but are under a serious request NOT to write on it tonight..

Carolyn Hinsey is DEFINITELY GONE!
Lynn and Stephanie won’t be long, but we need to keep emailing the boss! THE BIG BOSS! The middle manager guy is the one protecting them. Seems Lynn may have “a friendship” with him!

More in about an hour or less!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 11 2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, wow! :OhMy:

Mimi Torchin for Editor of SOD!
I agree.

If what the posters (like Alan Carter) are saying is any indication, Torchin is the only one that can save SOD from certain death.

It sucks too because I know someone that works at SOD and he is one of the good guys! In fact, he's one of the most wonderful people I know. They have a lot of great people on the staff at both magazines that didn't deserve any of this.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Question... what exactly does "Jossip" mean? LoL

Oh, and I have an online friend who interns for either SOD/SOW. I know she works under a woman named Gabby Winkel and she used to transcript the audio interviews that Stephanie Sloane and Carolyn Hinsey would do with the talent. I haven't spoken to her for a while, but I'll have to try and get back in contact to see if she knows any dirt, LoL.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I refuse to read that post! I haven't gotten caught up on the last few hours of messages, so I'm slightly behind. I refuse to be spoiled!

(lord. what am I saying? I don't even get this excited about the stuff onscreen anymore.)

Mason
Member Avatar

Holy Shit!

I wonder who the two shows no longer allowing SOD to run cover stories about them are? If they're DAYS and GH, SOD/SOW is screwed six ways from Sunday.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Just read it Matt. It contains the info people have been waiting for all day anyway. :drunk:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Aww, there's all sorts of drama surrounding Stephanie Sloane too?

I used to talk to her in those weekly online chats and thought she was a total sweetheart! LoL

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Check out my poll tomorrow on my main soap hub! WHO SHOULD BE THE EDITOR OF WEEKLY? I think you'll like and laugh at the choices!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 10:12 PM

I used to talk to her in those weekly online chats and thought she was a total sweetheart! LoL
She was nice to me too when I met her at a Days event in 2005.... who knew??

Mason
Member Avatar

Stephanie Sloane always seemed so nice on Soap Talk, so I'm surprised to read about what a bitch she supposedly is.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Damn, I just read that post above! Why can't the soaps be that good and juicy? I'd have the TiVo set every day!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I know Mimi well, I wish she would go back, but I doubt she would. Of course, I'm not speaking for her. I said Weekly was going to fold and turn into a website last year in my 07 power list which sources at the mag told me back then. Since then, they've been bought by someone else. I just can't see them publishing both (which is why I hate the same company owning competing titles). And for the record because I've read this, I'd rather eat shards of glass and take a laxative than edit a soap mag. No offense, but I have a great life, make a good living, and work from home. And don't have to deal with politics.

As for the industry falling apart at the seams, I think it's a good thing, but the truth is all coming out, non?
Edited by hunterforrester, Aug 11 2008, 10:17 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Aug 11 2008, 10:13 PM
Kenny

Yeah, she used to go out her way to address me each week in those chats.

"Yay! Kenny's here!"

We also used to e-mail back and forth quite a bit. I'd joke with her alot about how she looked so much like Heather Lindell. I would've never guessed her to be a raging bitch.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 10:18 PM
OneBadKitty
Aug 11 2008, 10:13 PM
Kenny

Yeah, she used to go out her way to address me each week in those chats.

"Yay! Kenny's here!"

We also used to e-mail back and forth quite a bit. I'd joke with her alot about how she looked so much like Heather Lindell. I would've never guessed her to be a raging bitch.
Maybe since you stopped talking to her, she just went crazy. SO basically everything going on here IS YOUR FAULT!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply