Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carolyn Hinsey Fired
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 12:27 PM (7,225 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, the problem between SOD and SOW is that, stylistically, they became too similar. SOD was always more about fluff regarding the actors (hell, I've got SODs from the 1970s with fashion sections -- see Ann Flood in her dashing fall wardrobe!) with a touch of personal gossip and who's dating who and what projects their working on in addition to "All the Storys From All the Shows" (which are now nothing more than 2 pages of shit) along with neato history features about storylines and characters and such. SOW was the news mag with storyline previews, behind the scenes interviews, stuff about writing and production, and the like. SOW was the guts and SOD was the sheen. Now they're both the equivilant of the lower intestine.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 10:17 PM
And for the record because I've read this, I'd rather eat shards of glass and take a laxative than edit a soap mag.

Didn't Alan Carter say the same thing, LOL?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Quote:

Carolyn Hinsey is a wreck. She’s mad and making a list of all of her former employees that she’s hated for years.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That list must be from NY to LA.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I didn't read that... I think he probably wants to AS LONG as he's in charge. We know each other, and I think he'd be PERFECT. He's one of my choices in the poll tomorrow. VOTE!

Gregorzick

My niece interned at SOAP OPERA DIGEST during her college years plus did some freelance work for them and she never recalled her dealings with anyone at SOD as being a postive thing. Therefore, I'm not suprised that Stephanie Sloan is a raving bitch!!!
Edited by Gregorzick, Aug 12 2008, 12:39 AM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

GREG — you know you're shit.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Lord, this jossip thread gets more and more entertaining. Apparently, there's someone posting as Hinsey. Alan says it's not her, but she says it is and she's foul! rotflmao

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 10:18 PM
OneBadKitty
Aug 11 2008, 10:13 PM
Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 10:12 PM
Aww, there's all sorts of drama surrounding Stephanie Sloane too?

I used to talk to her in those weekly online chats and thought she was a total sweetheart! LoL
She was nice to me too when I met her at a Days event in 2005.... who knew??
Yeah, she used to go out her way to address me each week in those chats.

"Yay! Kenny's here!"

We also used to e-mail back and forth quite a bit. I'd joke with her alot about how she looked so much like Heather Lindell. I would've never guessed her to be a raging bitch.
Oh Kenny....of course she was nice to you. lol. I remember those SOD Chats, and you kissed her ass :moon: sooo much, I thought you were gonna take out a lease and live up there :P ;)

Kenny
Member Avatar

Nubia
Aug 12 2008, 12:52 AM
Oh Kenny....of course she was nice to you. lol. I remember those SOD Chats, and you kissed her ass :moon: sooo much, I thought you were gonna take out a lease and live up there :P ;)
LoL, I loved her!

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kenny
Aug 12 2008, 01:07 AM
Nubia
Aug 12 2008, 12:52 AM
LoL, I loved her!
Awww....those were such fun and simpler-soap times, lol.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

OMG...that Jossip thread is beyond delicious....

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Kenny, as you saw in that thread, Stephanie loves it when fans tell her how pretty she is and that she should be on a soap. She lights up like the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center - who wouldn't after hearing that, actually?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

According to the infamous thread, Lynn Lahey was releaved of her duties in a meet last last evening. Stephanie Sloane will be taking her position. That was revealed in a post made by Alan Carter (whether it's true and it was the real Alan Carter making the post remains to be seen). He said to expect an announcement later today.

Gregorzick

Stephanie Sloane is being promoted!!! What the fuck is up with that bullshit!!!! :puke: The publishers might as well stick a fork in both magazines if this is true!!! :shame: Where's the great Rona Barrett when we NEED HER?!
Edited by Gregorzick, Aug 12 2008, 03:10 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Gregorzick
Aug 12 2008, 03:09 PM
Stephanie Sloane is being promoted!!! What the fuck is up with that bullshit!!!! :puke: The publishers might as well stick a fork in both magazines if this is true!!! :shame: Where's the great Rona Barrett when we NEED HER?!
Here!

Gregorzick

Thanks for the link, Matt. If you ever get a chance to hold of an old copy of La Rona's old DAYTIMERS magazine, then you'll see how good soap journalism used to be!!!! Rona and her DAYTIMERS crew took no crap from the industry and weren't afraid to tell it like it is. DAYTIMERS had a bitchy edginess about it that has never been mateched. Among today's critics, only Nelson comes close to being like Rona and her crew at DAYTIMERS!!!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Alan Carter didn't post about Leahey being out and Sloane taking her job so it's probably not accurate. There were a lot of fake posters there this morning.

I also believe one of the two soaps that pulled cover stories was in fact GH.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Is it bad of me to be glad I'm off work tonight so that I don't fall behind on reading the posts?

Gregorzick

Thanks for the update, OBK!!! :thumbsup: Sooner or later, the trolls were going to come out of the woodwork!!! Seems like they have arrived. UGH!!!

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I spoke with Alan today via e-mail. He was nice.

The Jossip thread is crazy at this point, but let this be a lesson. You reap what you sow. They better clean house and restore SOD's integrity. The sheer biasness is ridiculous. I've lost all respect for Lynn, Stephanie and never had any for that bitch Carolyn.

They ought to hire some soap fans with credentials to help steer the ship back. I know I could do a good job. I'm a recent college graduate- catch me on the cheap while you still can.
Edited by Q Steph, Aug 12 2008, 06:30 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply