Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carolyn Hinsey Fired
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 12:27 PM (6,762 Views)
~bl~
Member Avatar

The jossip thread is fascinating in a train wreck kind of way. It is no wonder so many people have left the industry in the magazine side of things.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Oh, I would have to curse someone out and go out in a blaze of glory. I mire my way through office politics now but I'll be damned if I go to work everyday in absolute fear. I don't blame so many for leaving.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Q Steph
Aug 12 2008, 06:28 PM
I spoke with Alan today via e-mail. He was nice.

The Jossip thread is crazy at this point, but let this be a lesson. You reap what you sow. They better clean house and restore SOD's integrity. The sheer biasness is ridiculous. I've lost all respect for Lynn, Stephanie and never had any for that bitch Carolyn.

They ought to hire some soap fans with credentials to help steer the ship back. I know I could do a good job. I'm a recent college graduate- catch me on the cheap while you still can.
So the email he gave out is the right one? SOAPSAlan@aol.com?

I wanted to email him myself but wasn't sure with all the trolls running loose.

daisysmommy

I hope SS gets a shot. I knew her when she was younger, and she is NOT a betch. She wouldn't know my name by avatar, but I gotta say, she was always a gentle soul.

She has connections and reported to a regime.

If she's promoted, give her a shot.

If she knew I was saying this, it would prolly take a yr min off her life-- but she really is a gentle person.

And I grew up in NYC with her-- so I know the difference. She loves the genre and I gotta guess (though I haven't said hello to her in 20 yrs) that she loves her job and wants to preserve the genre she has guarded since her early 20s.

I defend nobody. But I will step up here-- cuz I really think she is a decent human being.

HJBJDJ

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 10:18 PM
OneBadKitty
Aug 11 2008, 10:13 PM
Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 10:12 PM
Aww, there's all sorts of drama surrounding Stephanie Sloane too?

I used to talk to her in those weekly online chats and thought she was a total sweetheart! LoL
She was nice to me too when I met her at a Days event in 2005.... who knew??
Yeah, she used to go out her way to address me each week in those chats.

"Yay! Kenny's here!"

We also used to e-mail back and forth quite a bit. I'd joke with her alot about how she looked so much like Heather Lindell. I would've never guessed her to be a raging bitch.
Yeah Kenny, what happened with our 'friend' Steph. We were like 2 of only like 4 total that she would actually answer any questions from in those chats. Remember we used to get teased for being her pets. lol

Ok those things were crazy, and there would be like 50 - 60 people in there all yelling the same thing over and over. Mostly fan bases bashing each other. But she did seem to handle it well.. at least a lot better than Janet from SOW. Those things were rather useless though since all they ever said was that they didn't know, or they couldn't tell us.

Janet was the one we thought was cold and not very friendly. I wonder what she's really like????

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

If any of you heard of Michael Fairman before, he is coming on BWR to talk about this next week, so if you want to get your bitch on about...well, the bitch LOL, stop by. Also, eveen HE said that Sloane is an uber bitch...well, he said she was never nice to him and that he saw a lot of people who would kiss her ass. Hence forth, she would love you like no tomorrow.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...looks like I got alot to catch up on.

I agree with Matt in that both mags just got too similar. They used to have identities but since 2000 those identities were lost. I'm not that shocked by SS. I, too, recall the SOD chats and it just goes back to the fact that people will always be nice to the public because they keep them in business or keep them working. They aren't going to want to lose any potential customers or fans.

I say give the job to Mimi Torchin and let her handle SOD since it seems SOW may be a goner. That is sad because I would rather keep SOW then SID, which is a waste. I just loved that post that mentioned SID's constantly repeating headlines. Seriously, SID is shit. It's poorly put together and just useless IMO. I would rather effort be put into keeping SOD and SOW around. Give them their identities back. Torchin could handle salvaging SOD or even both SOD and SOW.

I also have to say that this does explain alot about Days. The mags always seem to ensnare Days and GH so it's hard for anyone to get them. If GH or Days are one of the shows (or maybe they are both) pulling cover stories, then the mags are in trouble as they are the ones who sell. If SS does get the job at SOD, you will probably see nothing but Days coverage LOL.

You know, all this scandal is interesting. I find the jossip thread positively addicting and still have to catch up on some of it but this is still sad. Between this and the Days stuff, it just seems like we are finally starting to see alot of the skeletons coming out of the closet for the industry. I guess it's a good thing but I think it's also bad in that the industry is in enough trouble and it can only take so much. Hopefully, all the ugly shit works it's way out and we can still save the mags and soaps.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

I think it's a good thing that this information about BTS is coming out. There can't be change if the public doesn't know what's going on.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

The e-mail address was valid for Alan. He's very receptive to correspondence.

I started to print out the thread. I've printed out 40 pages (on company paper) and I'm only at comment 247!

The lid has really blown off this whole story.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hi Carolyn its karma calling!

;)

Gregorzick

Tell karma to call Stephanie Sloane next!!! Has Lynn Leahy been fired yet?! If not, why not? All three of those bitches should be gone by now!!!!

Jonatha

No mention of Hinsey, but here is the blurb from the new SOW:

Dear Readers:

As many of you out there in soapland may have noticed, SOW has been undergoing some creative changes, both behind the scenes and in our pages. Our devoted and passionate staff of editors, writers, and artists collaborates each week to bring you, our loyal readers, the latest news and backstage info you want about all of your favorite storylines and stars.

We have a positive outlook for our future and for the future of soap operas. We want to make this this the best magazine it can be, and we can only do that with your support -- and your suggestions!

The improvements are starting right away: We are introducing a new column, Love in the Afternoon, in which you can share uplifting stories of how beloved shows and actors have impacted your lives. E-mail tellus@soapoperaweekly.com with your experiences, and look for this great new feature beginning in the near future.

Also, please give us your suggestions for the magazine: What do you miss? What do you want to see more of?

Weekly is starting fresh, and we would love for all of you to join us on this journey. Thanks for your support.

deefanUBS

Thanks Jonatha

berlingirl
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Jonatha. I am glad the Hinsey is gone.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Now Lynne and Stephanie need to go too.

Before the Jossip thread turned to crap, an interesting point was made. There needs to be a National Enquirer/Us Weekly type of outlet for soaps. The coddling of SOD/SOW is in part responsible for the sorry state of affairs soaps find themselves in.
Edited by Q Steph, Aug 21 2008, 07:49 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Q Steph
Aug 21 2008, 07:48 PM
Now Lynne and Stephanie need to go too.

Before the Jossip thread turned to crap, an interesting point was made. There needs to be a National Enquirer/Us Weekly type of outlet for soaps. The coddling of SOD/SOW is in part responsible for the sorry state of affairs soaps find themselves in.
I agree but I want it not to be sleazy. I want it to be hard-hitting journalism that takes the industry to task for things that it deserves to be called on. I don't want rumors about actors and actresses and their relationships filling it or other shit like that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply