Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SC interview; Contains Chan spoiler
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 06:58 PM (3,226 Views)
Dayzfan
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
Aug 12 2008, 12:32 PM
I wish he'd be McCreepy with me - then it would be another complaint because he's younger than me. I don't know, I've known attraction to come out of nowhere many, many times. Truth is stranger than fiction IMO. The best real relationship and marriage I've ever seen is between my cousin and the man she married who is 23 years older than her. Forty years and four kids later they still seem really happy.

I saw the chemistry with Dan and Chelsea before the hint of a love interest - in the park when they first met. I said to myself "oooo interesting". It was to me then and it is now. I wouldn't throw anyone to Kate - that's just cruel and unusual punishment for any man. :eyeroll:
Alittle OT: my ggg grandfather married a woman 20 yearsyounger than him after my ggg grandmother died before aged 40.In fact,she was the same age as his first born child,my gg grandfather.Imagine that situation in the household.Anyway,its an example that older men have been into younger women for along time
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

What bothers me about Chelsea and Dan isn't the age difference necessarily. My husband is 11 years older than me, and it has never been an issue at all. The problem for me is that Chelsea looks and acts so very young--even younger than her age, which I believe is supposed to be about 21. I don't understand why this world renowned surgeon would be interested in her for anything besides the "hot young girlfriend" aspect. Chelsea has always been needy and attention seeking; how would she understand the demands on a surgeon's time? She doesn't have the maturity level to deal with the issues a relationship with Daniel would bring.

I also have big problems with the way Chelsea and Daniel were put together. It was way too fast and horribly written with no romance at all. For those who have compared them to Doug and Julie--well, I saw Doug and Julie from the very beginning, and I see no resemblance at all!

Good interview with SC. Loved the earthquake story! I hope if they keep him around, he's with Kate and not Lexie. Lexie has had enough affairs, and it's one of the reasons I don't care much for the character. If they want to put her with Dan, they need to split up Abe/Lexie first. I know it's a soap, but I still don't much like adultery storylines.

ges
Member Avatar

Well, my husband is 17 1/2 years older than me and we have been married for 28 years. That isn't the problem in my eyes although it is made worse by her childish looks and behavior. The problem is, is that if I had found out that my boyfriend had slept with grandmother I would still be puking 28 years later but from a prison cell after I murdered the S.O.B.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

LorrieOw
Aug 12 2008, 09:19 PM
I can understand Dan being interested in Kate. At least Kate has boobs.
Where is hiding them? Under that bra with her initials? Or under her fangs?

I can withstand them breaking up Chelsea and Daniel - but not for Kate. She deserves nothing good - and hearing her say she didn't pick up guys often made me howl with laughter. I found myself wondering who she hadn't slept with that she isn't related to. The list is much shorter - hey she hopped in bed with Stefano to get a favor. Daniel needs to take off on that surf board first.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

I compared them to Doug and Julie and I meant it from how it made me feel. I saw them from the beginning too. No - they aren't alike in that Doug was paid to court Julie and was an ex-con, and hired to get her away from the man she loved until she met him. Daniel has more integrity than Doug did and Chelsea isn't nearly as big of a skank as Julie was. But I still saw the chemistry just like I did with my first favorite couple on Days - Doug and Julie.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

CinderAngelkc
Aug 14 2008, 03:13 PM
LorrieOw

I can withstand them breaking up Chelsea and Daniel - but not for Kate. She deserves nothing good - and hearing her say she didn't pick up guys often made me howl with laughter. I found myself wondering who she hadn't slept with that she isn't related to. The list is much shorter - hey she hopped in bed with Stefano to get a favor. Daniel needs to take off on that surf board first.
Kate honestly has had less sex (with multiple partners) these last few years than many of the other men on this show. In 2006 she slept with EJ. In 2007 she slept with Stefano ONE TIME. Now in 2008 she has slept with Daniel who she perceived as available. When Martino propositioned her, she turned him down. Now I'm not saying she's some kind of Salem Virgin or something, but she's really not had much of a sex life except one guy a year for the last 3 years.

Compare that to (in the last year)
Chloe: Lucas, Philip, presumably Brady
Sami: Lucas, EJ
Chelsea: Nick, now trying to get Daniel
Stephanie: Jeremy, Max
Ava: Steve (tried to), John

Again, not sure how Kate is vilified here when it was Daniel who chose to sleep with her (but knew of his own feelings as well as Chelsea's), who seems unable to stop spending time with Kate and actually openly flirted with any woman around to begin with. What kind of guy pushes a girl away (did we ever get a reason?) but then after banging her grandma, he's fine now to do her too?

Mason
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 14 2008, 03:20 PM
Again, not sure how Kate is vilified here when it was Daniel who chose to sleep with her (but knew of his own feelings as well as Chelsea's), who seems unable to stop spending time with Kate and actually openly flirted with any woman around to begin with.
Because of course Daniel the Angel can do no wrong. :eyeroll:

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Tripp
CinderAngelkc
LorrieOw

Kate honestly has had less sex (with multiple partners) these last few years than many of the other men on this show. In 2006 she slept with EJ. In 2007 she slept with Stefano ONE TIME. Now in 2008 she has slept with Daniel who she perceived as available. When Martino propositioned her, she turned him down. Now I'm not saying she's some kind of Salem Virgin or something, but she's really not had much of a sex life except one guy a year for the last 3 years.

Again, not sure how Kate is vilified here when it was Daniel who chose to sleep with her (but knew of his own feelings as well as Chelsea's), who seems unable to stop spending time with Kate and actually openly flirted with any woman around to begin with. What kind of guy pushes a girl away (did we ever get a reason?) but then after banging her grandma, he's fine now to do her too?
What about John? Wasn't that 2006 or it might have been 2005, I guess. She is always with one guy or another or after him. Roman before John, Victor before that and who was in between?. I mean, it never ends. I didn't say Daniel was blameless and if they decide to write this as a break up so be it, it's only a soap - but Kate the character has no reason in the world to say it isn't like her to sleep around. Turning one guy down doesn't erase the other 50 or so.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

CinderAngelkc
Aug 15 2008, 06:12 PM
Tripp
CinderAngelkc
LorrieOw

What about John? Wasn't that 2006 or it might have been 2005, I guess. She is always with one guy or another or after him. Roman before John, Victor before that and who was in between?. I mean, it never ends. I didn't say Daniel was blameless and if they decide to write this as a break up so be it, it's only a soap - but Kate the character has no reason in the world to say it isn't like her to sleep around. Turning one guy down doesn't erase the other 50 or so.
Well John, Roman, and Victor over a multi year period does not make 50 but I suppose if you can ship Chan, then math isn't that important.

My point was many characters other than Kate have had many sexual partners all very recently while in comparison Kate has been reserved these last few years. Calling her a slut and tramp because she chose to sleep with a SINGLE guy who appeared completely available seems rather petty when it's on behalf of her granddaughter who lied about her feelings to begin with, then chose to throw herself at Daniel repeatedly while she was still seeing Nick, and ultimately "won her man" by chasing him all over town including into places like a sauna and locker room where she had no business going to. Yet Kate is the one who is supposedly needy and slutty.
Edited by Tripp, Aug 15 2008, 06:32 PM.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
Aug 14 2008, 03:15 PM
I compared them to Doug and Julie and I meant it from how it made me feel. I saw them from the beginning too. No - they aren't alike in that Doug was paid to court Julie and was an ex-con, and hired to get her away from the man she loved until she met him. Daniel has more integrity than Doug did and Chelsea isn't nearly as big of a skank as Julie was. But I still saw the chemistry just like I did with my first favorite couple on Days - Doug and Julie.
really doug and julie? maybe for the age thing, but that's about it...Doug and Julie never made me want to kick my Tv like Chan does....just end this disgrace.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Aug 15 2008, 06:36 PM
CinderAngelkc
really doug and julie? maybe for the age thing, but that's about it...Doug and Julie never made me want to kick my Tv like Chan does....just end this disgrace.
Why are Dansea a disgrace? I don't see that at all. Doug and Julie were not perfect. You mean when he was conning her in the beginning, taking money to win her, that was all roses and violins? Nope, sorry. The rocky start is part of the reason they remind me of each other.

Sorry, Kate was a hooker. 50 was being kind. Until she learns humility and to stop interfering where she doesn't belong, the character will always be a low life IMO. I don't care how many ladders she climbs. I don't dislike her because of Daniel. I didn't like her before that!

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
Kate slept with John once in 2005, and they were engaged. What a SLUT! Jesus, you claim she's with "one guy after another" (which she's not) because it never works out, I don't see how that makes Kate a "tramp". Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, people on soaps tend to be with one person after another, it's not that crazy of a concept.

Honesly, I think your reasoning for Kate being such a dirty "whore" makes no sense. It makes about as much sense as Chan.

Do I need to start posting the few and far between dates that Kate has actually gotten laid? Or does proof not matter?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

CinderAngelkc
Aug 15 2008, 06:41 PM
Charmqn
CinderAngelkc
Why are Dansea a disgrace? I don't see that at all. Doug and Julie were not perfect. You mean when he was conning her in the beginning, taking money to win her, that was all roses and violins? Nope, sorry. The rocky start is part of the reason they remind me of each other.

Sorry, Kate was a hooker. 50 was being kind. Until she learns humility and to stop interfering where she doesn't belong, the character will always be a low life IMO. I don't care how many ladders she climbs. I don't dislike her because of Daniel. I didn't like her before that!
I think what charmqn means by disgrace is that Doug and Julie had conflict and obstacles. Chan really only has....well I don't know what to call it. There was no falling in love interval. There was no real obstacles, especially at first since the show chose to ignore Nick as an obstacle and the age difference in the beginning. Bo might not like it but he isn't standing in the way. They have already insisted they are in love. They are now together. They haven't even known each other for 6 months and already they have missed out on so many opportunities on creating a real story here. Many people would tell you the most important period of any couple is their falling in love period. Chan didn't have one at all.

As for Kate hooking, well that was a long time ago, we really shouldn't be bringing up past actions and misdeeds of characters should we? Cause we can always bring up how Chelsea is responsible for 2 deaths so by your standards I can now call her a murderer (which I refuse to do, but it's the same reasoning).

Lastly, I still maintain if you compare actions between Kate and Chelsea recently, it would be Chelsea who would fall into the needy and slutty category. YMMV

CindyJean
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Aug 15 2008, 06:47 PM
CinderAngelkc
Kate slept with John once in 2005, and they were engaged. What a SLUT! Jesus, you claim she's with "one guy after another" (which she's not) because it never works out, I don't see how that makes Kate a "tramp". Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, people on soaps tend to be with one person after another, it's not that crazy of a concept.

Honesly, I think your reasoning for Kate being such a dirty "whore" makes no sense. It makes about as much sense as Chan.

Do I need to start posting the few and far between dates that Kate has actually gotten laid? Or does proof not matter?
Why when people don't like Dansea to they feel the need to attack people who do? Kind of like the people who like Lumi and Ejami attack each other.

I don't like Kate. Never have, never will. Lucas was an idiot to let her manipulate him all those years. If Lumi fans want to blame someone for breaking them up - point the finger at that witch.

She was a whore - paid for with money for sleeping with men. It's part of her history. Is she one now... no. She slept with John way more than once...and yes they got engaged. She was after him before that. I am speaking of a character - not a REAL person. Lauren Koslow is wonderful at the character or I wouldn't hate Kate as much as I do. I don't hardly hate any soap character.

Attacking me isn't going to change the fact that Kate was a prostitute in the past or that she sleeps around. She's do it more if given the opportunity. That is my opinion. You have your own. Talk about the character all you want - but stay to history and leave me out of it.

It's like the people who post who is writing Days because they have an opinion and it is all just hot air. We all have our own opinions and they amount to not much more than hot air. What proof does an opinion need? That's rhetorical BTW.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

fenderbabe
CinderAngelkc

I guess the phrase "it's only a soap" works for certain characters. ;)
YES, it's only a soap, so then, Kate and Daniel shouldn't be too hard to swallow if others like them.
Poor Kate. I LOVE her!
I'm with you, fenderbabe.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Aug 15 2008, 06:49 PM
CinderAngelkc
Aug 15 2008, 06:41 PM
Charmqn
CinderAngelkc

I think what charmqn means by disgrace is that Doug and Julie had conflict and obstacles. Chan really only has....well I don't know what to call it. There was no falling in love interval. There was no real obstacles, especially at first since the show chose to ignore Nick as an obstacle and the age difference in the beginning. Bo might not like it but he isn't standing in the way. They have already insisted they are in love. They are now together. They haven't even known each other for 6 months and already they have missed out on so many opportunities on creating a real story here. Many people would tell you the most important period of any couple is their falling in love period. Chan didn't have one at all.

As for Kate hooking, well that was a long time ago, we really shouldn't be bringing up past actions and misdeeds of characters should we? Cause we can always bring up how Chelsea is responsible for 2 deaths so by your standards I can now call her a murderer (which I refuse to do, but it's the same reasoning).

Lastly, I still maintain if you compare actions between Kate and Chelsea recently, it would be Chelsea who would fall into the needy and slutty category. YMMV

:hail: :hail: :hail:

I just cannot, in the WILDEST stretch of my imagination, even begin to see the comparison to Doug and Julie, except both couples have a male and female.
Julie was young, but she was already a mom. She was already established, and I don't think she had a hero/savior need issue like Chelsea seems to have. Certainly, Doug wasn't Ghandi and Christian Bernaard rolled into one. Chelsea fell for Daniel at a very weak point in her life.
Chelsea thought it was over for her and Daniel, and who does she run back to? Nick.
What, now we have Kate in the role of Addie? Well, Addie and Doug married. Now, since Addie was killed by a car, I SUPPOSE Chelsea could run over Kate and make the parallels more true.......
BUT, Addie and Doug were written as in love, if I recall.
And, if they put Chelsea and Dan on the cover of Time, I will TRULY be worried about the integrity of journalism.................

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Aug 15 2008, 07:02 PM

I just cannot, in the WILDEST stretch of my imagination, even begin to see the comparison to Doug and Julie, except both couples have a male and female.
Julie was young, but she was already a mom. She was already established, and I don't think she had a hero/savior need issue like Chelsea seems to have. Certainly, Doug wasn't Ghandi and Christian Bernaard rolled into one. Chelsea fell for Daniel at a very weak point in her life.
Chelsea thought it was over for her and Daniel, and who does she run back to? Nick.
What, now we have Kate in the role of Addie? Well, Addie and Doug married. Now, since Addie was killed by a car, I SUPPOSE Chelsea could run over Kate and make the parallels more true.......
BUT, Addie and Doug were written as in love, if I recall.
And, if they put Chelsea and Dan on the cover of Time, I will TRULY be worried about the integrity of journalism.................
Bwah! Well, I know when Chelsea gets behind the wheel of a car I run away. I mean she almost killed Stephanie last year too don't forget.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

Boy - it kills me how I say one thing and it comes out with adjectives strewn loosely around that I didn't use. Historically Kate was a prostitute = whore - I didn't use it quite the way some of your took it. I went back and read my posts. No, I don't like Kate. I don't think I'm supposed to. But that's just me. Did I say I couldn't accept her sleeping with Daniel in the past? NO, because they've done it. I said it disappoints me they are going this way and I don't want her with him in the future because I like him. It's as simple as that. I still say it's only a soap and I am allowed to hate a character if I want to judge her on the way the character has behaved and messed up her kids lives. It isn't like I am judging her on her looks or the actress who plays her. That would be immature, spiteful and a little bigoted too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CinderAngelkc
Aug 15 2008, 06:54 PM
fenderbabe
CinderAngelkc

Why when people don't like Dansea to they feel the need to attack people who do? Kind of like the people who like Lumi and Ejami attack each other.

I don't like Kate. Never have, never will. Lucas was an idiot to let her manipulate him all those years. If Lumi fans want to blame someone for breaking them up - point the finger at that witch.

She was a whore - paid for with money for sleeping with men. It's part of her history. Is she one now... no. She slept with John way more than once...and yes they got engaged. She was after him before that. I am speaking of a character - not a REAL person. Lauren Koslow is wonderful at the character or I wouldn't hate Kate as much as I do. I don't hardly hate any soap character.

Attacking me isn't going to change the fact that Kate was a prostitute in the past or that she sleeps around. She's do it more if given the opportunity. That is my opinion. You have your own. Talk about the character all you want - but stay to history and leave me out of it.

It's like the people who post who is writing Days because they have an opinion and it is all just hot air. We all have our own opinions and they amount to not much more than hot air. What proof does an opinion need? That's rhetorical BTW.
I do believe you are confusing attacking with disagreeing. Did anyone call you stupid or an idiot? That's an attack. I've seen that happen. Did anyone tell you "We must be watching two different shows?" That's an attack. Did anyone come out and say "Just wait and see. You'll find out?" That's an attack.
When someone merely points out their reasoning behind their choices, that's a DEBATE. And, if the person continues to stick up for his/her point, that's not an attack.
Debates are healthy. Debates are good. Debates SHOULD be intellectually stimulating. Good debaters can respect their opponents, even if they don't agree. Debating should NOT be taken personally.
If you open things up to debate and YOU disagree with someone, it's only fair they will counteract.

By the way, don't forget at one time, Chelsea was going to sell her own body out on the streets..........or at least pretend to.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 15 2008, 07:08 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

CinderAngelkc
Aug 15 2008, 07:06 PM
Boy - it kills me how I say one thing and it comes out with adjectives strewn loosely around that I didn't use. Historically Kate was a prostitute = whore - I didn't use it quite the way some of your took it. I went back and read my posts. No, I don't like Kate. I don't think I'm supposed to. But that's just me. Did I say I couldn't accept her sleeping with Daniel in the past? NO, because they've done it. I said it disappoints me they are going this way and I don't want her with him in the future because I like him. It's as simple as that. I still say it's only a soap and I am allowed to hate a character if I want to judge her on the way the character has behaved and messed up her kids lives. It isn't like I am judging her on her looks or the actress who plays her. That would be immature, spiteful and a little bigoted too.
Oh, so you meant stating Kate was a whore and slut in a good way. I see.

I'm not sure you can make the statement you haven't judged Kate on her looks, I seem to recall a post about Kate and fans but I'll let that go. You are certainly free to call Kate whatever you want. But I have a right to defend her against accusations. And it seems like all that matters is what happened in Kate's past years ago way before she was even in Salem.

And be careful there as we do not know Dan's full history yet. I'm sure he has some secrets in the closet that could come out. If one's past will always be there with you then who knows what he could be revealed as.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply