Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Frances Reid Update!
Topic Started: Aug 7 2008, 09:35 PM (2,010 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Haha.

Will that be your first visit to Burbank?

B/c you KNOW it will happen!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

It would be my first and probably my last, LoL.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I probably should come to terms with the fact that Frances Reid/Alice Horton has made her final appearance. :(

Mason
Member Avatar

Rick
Aug 7 2008, 11:26 PM
I probably should come to terms with the fact that Frances Reid/Alice Horton has made her final appearance. :(
I'm still in a stage of semi-denial about that, sadly. :frown:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

:(

I hope we can see Frances on our TVs again.

Feel better, Frances. :)

Shylock

The last time she was on it was so heartbreaking to see her how she is now. I mean, I know she's old and all, but still. Seems like it was only a few years ago where she was making several appearances a year.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

As others pointed out, I appreciate the fact they keep trying to use her. I'm sure she wants to work and I'm sure they want her as this is the third time this year this has happened. I'm glad Jason47 reports this too as it proves that the show isn't ignoring her like other soaps have done to vets like Frances (*cough* GH *cough*).

I suspect maybe we'll see her on Christmas. I hope and pray we do. I won't even bother to go into how Days will handle her funeral and tribute. I'm just not into that kind of talk when the person is still with us. I prefer to just hope they remain with us for the foreseeable future and that Days doesn't have to worry about how to handle that for a very long time.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 8 2008, 01:55 AM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 8 2008, 01:54 AM
I suspect maybe we'll see her on Christmas. I hope and pray we do. I won't even bother to go into how Days will handle her funeral and tribute. I'm just not into that kind of talk when the person is still with us. I prefer to just hope they remain with us for the foreseeable future and that Days doesn't have to worry about how to handle that for a very long time.
I completely agree.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

We as fans are so lucky to have had her for so long. Most people don't even try to work in their 90s. Bless her.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Happy Times

Thanksgiving 86

Tricky
Member Avatar

i knew they would have her at bopes wedding...that sucks that she couldnt make it!

i know she is elderly and i worry about that, i hope she is able to appear for christmas one last time...if she is getting unable to work i wish they would give her one last wonderful moment in the spotlight ...i would hate that but shes been the number one trooper of dool from the onset and if she is no longer well enough to work if anyone deserves a proper well written exit, its her...JMO.

i hope no one takes this the wrong way...but time marches on ya know? if she cant ever be on i just want her to exit the show in a way that does her justice....
Edited by Tricky, Aug 8 2008, 04:35 AM.

daisysmommy

Oy-- stop this...a virtual 'toast' to good health for DOOL's matriarch.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 8 2008, 02:06 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 8 2008, 01:54 AM
I completely agree.
Me too.

JandM4evermore
Member Avatar

I am so sad that she was not able to appear, but I am not surprised. I will alway love Alice, she lives on in scenes and s/l's that we can all watch on youtube. Her comedy and wonderful dramatic talent will always make her someone special to me. I have watched Days since day one and will always love the character of Alice.

Dr. Chip

If her health permitted, it'd be nice if they could go to her home a couple of times a year and tape her talking to someone on the phone. At least we could have her in some way!

For those of you who never saw Alice Horton before 1995 when she had her stroke, you have no idea what an integral part of the show this woman was. And still is, in my opinion!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply