Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT — ZImmer sounds off; Hinsey update; It's a bitchy bangs edition
Topic Started: Aug 8 2008, 09:09 AM (2,283 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/080808_news_nelson
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

Thanks, Nelson. So there's still hope that Higley is on her way out! And Eileen wrote a book! I'll be watching for it.

Jonatha

Days4Life
Aug 8 2008, 09:17 AM

When is Corday going to get his head out of his ass. :flipoff: This is all just too sad for words. :shame: Thanks for posting.

Tricky
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 8 2008, 09:09 AM
thanks nelson...and i am wondering the same thing...who wrote all this awesome stuff we have coming up and whoever it is not only let them keep writing, give them a damn raise.... :rockon:

Ponz
Member Avatar

Why do folks think Jack Smith would be a hit as DAYS HW? DAYS writers need a flair for romance, adventure and family-based storylines. I'm not that familiar with Smith's work but these are not qualities that the Bells prize in their writers.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

LOL, you all can't say you weren't warned about the "purple haze" on Days even though I wasn't sure how it was going to fit in.

And thanks for the release date for Eileen's book. Anyone that listened to her BWR show knew about it, membah? :wave:

Pearly
Member Avatar

I prefer NOT to make a comment about the fact that Higley MAY stay. ^o)

I do have a question and a speculation about this:

Quote:

•Salem’s rolling out the welcome Matt for Matthew Borlenghi (ex-Brian, AMC). Days PR beauty Daniela Mancinelli confirms Borlenghi debuts as the mayor of Salem on Sept. 18. Kelly Ripa’s former on-screen boy toy will interact with Abe and Chris/Roman.

1) Why is Roman's name forwardslashed with the name Chris next to it? There's no Chris on the show. What does this mean? :drunk:
2) My speculation is that I bet Roman and/or Abe will be running for Mayor of Salem. More than likely Abe. ;)

Thanks Nelson.

sungrey

Ponz
Aug 8 2008, 10:40 AM
Why do folks think Jack Smith would be a hit as DAYS HW? DAYS writers need a flair for romance, adventure and family-based storylines. I'm not that familiar with Smith's work but these are not qualities that the Bells prize in their writers.
Not to mention Hack Smith is a lot like Reilly in some ways, only without the bizarro storytelling. No thank you, I'll take Josh Griffith.

bwilsonwriter

Ouch I do hearing some things about Billy Dee not being very happy with his storyline on NS.

And I don't like the Epiphany and Billy Dee's character love story either. I would not be suprised if BDW decided to leaves after this season.

As for Kim you go girl and continue to speak your mind.
Edited by bwilsonwriter, Aug 8 2008, 11:56 AM.

kserox10

IMO I think Higley will stay. Corday has been there longer, but heres to hoping that Ed wins!!!!!

~bl~
Member Avatar

The GL stuff OMH...what that anon person said to you Nelson...Wow...

Cool about Eileen Davidson writing a book.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

thanks.

Quote:

Go get him, Ed! That silver spoon has had its day and needs to be retired like John McCain.

lmao

Deleted User
Deleted User

Pearly_Moon
Aug 8 2008, 11:46 AM
1) Why is Roman's name forwardslashed with the name Chris next to it? There's no Chris on the show. What does this mean? :drunk:
Because Josh Taylor played Chris Kositchek for then years before he played Roman
Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

Amello
Aug 8 2008, 12:12 PM
Pearly_Moon
Because Josh Taylor played Chris Kositchek for then years before he played Roman
Ah, yes. It makes total since now. I started watching Days in 1985 when I was 9 years old. I honestly don't remember the character of Chris Kositchek. What other characters he was involved with? Maybe it will jolt my memory.

Thanks for clearing that up for me; my mind was wandering off to a whole OTHER direction.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Pearly_Moon
Aug 8 2008, 12:27 PM
Amello
Aug 8 2008, 12:12 PM
Pearly_Moon
Ah, yes. It makes total since now. I started watching Days in 1985 when I was 9 years old. I honestly don't remember the character of Chris Kositchek. What other characters he was involved with? Maybe it will jolt my memory.

Thanks for clearing that up for me; my mind was wandering off to a whole OTHER direction.
Chris originally worked for Anderson Manufacturing. Later, he owned Shenanigan's (sp?) and was a lawyer. He was a stand-up good guy and was really good friends with everyone. Romantically, I think he was originally paired with Amanda Peters (Mary Frann) and then, later, Mary Anderson. I know he dated Kayla for a brief while (when she was played by Catherine Mary Stewart). At the end of his run, he was paired with Savannah Wilder (Gene Simmon's other half and former Playboy model Shannon Tweed) who was in contrast to good-guy Chris because she worked for Victor in some underhanded mob business (not excluding drugs). I believe Savannah also was involved in the Victor aspect of The Pawn storyline that brought RoJohn to the show.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I LOVED SHENANINGANS! They should bring it back. Along with the real Chris and Roman. Sorry, I refuse to calls Josh Taylor Roman!

King
Member Avatar

I could fix this soap in my sleep… and I’d do it for free.

Amen!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Lord, I know *I* could fix it. Hell, half the fanfic writers I know could fix it. I've never understand what's so damned hard about coming up with a good story. Personally, I think that part of the problem (not just on Days, but on other soaps, as well) is that the writers are more professional writers (who're only writing for soaps because they can't get jobs writing anywhere else) instead of writers who specifically want to work in soaps because of their love of and respect for the genre.

King
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 8 2008, 01:42 PM
Lord, I know *I* could fix it. Hell, half the fanfic writers I know could fix it. I've never understand what's so damned hard about coming up with a good story. Personally, I think that part of the problem (not just on Days, but on other soaps, as well) is that the writers are more professional writers (who're only writing for soaps because they can't get jobs writing anywhere else) instead of writers who specifically want to work in soaps because of their love of and respect for the genre.
Soap Execs actually go out of their way not to hire people who like the soap genre, I've found.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

A dead fetus could fix this soap. But Ken and Dena can't.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply