Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT — ZImmer sounds off; Hinsey update; It's a bitchy bangs edition
Topic Started: Aug 8 2008, 09:09 AM (2,286 Views)
Pearly
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 8 2008, 12:55 PM
Pearly_Moon
Aug 8 2008, 12:27 PM
Amello
Aug 8 2008, 12:12 PM
Pearly_Moon
Aug 8 2008, 11:46 AM
1) Why is Roman's name forwardslashed with the name Chris next to it? There's no Chris on the show. What does this mean? :drunk:
Because Josh Taylor played Chris Kositchek for then years before he played Roman
Ah, yes. It makes total since now. I started watching Days in 1985 when I was 9 years old. I honestly don't remember the character of Chris Kositchek. What other characters he was involved with? Maybe it will jolt my memory.

Thanks for clearing that up for me; my mind was wandering off to a whole OTHER direction.
Chris originally worked for Anderson Manufacturing. Later, he owned Shenanigan's (sp?) and was a lawyer. He was a stand-up good guy and was really good friends with everyone. Romantically, I think he was originally paired with Amanda Peters (Mary Frann) and then, later, Mary Anderson. I know he dated Kayla for a brief while (when she was played by Catherine Mary Stewart). At the end of his run, he was paired with Savannah Wilder (Gene Simmon's other half and former Playboy model Shannon Tweed) who was in contrast to good-guy Chris because she worked for Victor in some underhanded mob business (not excluding drugs). I believe Savannah also was involved in the Victor aspect of The Pawn storyline that brought RoJohn to the show.
Thanks for the DAYS history lesson, Matt. ;)

I do remember Shennanigans but the only Kayla I have ever known is MBE. I still can't remember this Chris guy. Oh, well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm not too big on Griffith but I would give him a try. I prefer Jack Smith myself. He's not perfect but I think he can do some good things at Days.

If Sony is siding with Scott and higher-ups are worried about ratings, it just further assures me that Higley will be gone very soon. I just think they are waiting for the dust to settle.

I shudder to think what "irons" Hinsey has in the fire. She doesn't deserve another major position.

I love Eilleen so I will have to check that out.

Good stuff, Nelson. :smile: .

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

LOL at you poking fun over the Thorsten Kaye-Carolyn Hinsey BFF thing, Nelson.

Good for Billy Miller landing at YandR. I just wish there were more Abbotts for him to interact with.

Good column. And in the Corday vs. Sony battle I gotta say I'm definitely a member of Team Sony.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Pearly_Moon
Aug 8 2008, 02:00 PM
Matt
Aug 8 2008, 12:55 PM
Pearly_Moon
Aug 8 2008, 12:27 PM
Amello
Aug 8 2008, 12:12 PM
Pearly_Moon
Aug 8 2008, 11:46 AM
1) Why is Roman's name forwardslashed with the name Chris next to it? There's no Chris on the show. What does this mean? :drunk:
Because Josh Taylor played Chris Kositchek for then years before he played Roman
Ah, yes. It makes total since now. I started watching Days in 1985 when I was 9 years old. I honestly don't remember the character of Chris Kositchek. What other characters he was involved with? Maybe it will jolt my memory.

Thanks for clearing that up for me; my mind was wandering off to a whole OTHER direction.
Chris originally worked for Anderson Manufacturing. Later, he owned Shenanigan's (sp?) and was a lawyer. He was a stand-up good guy and was really good friends with everyone. Romantically, I think he was originally paired with Amanda Peters (Mary Frann) and then, later, Mary Anderson. I know he dated Kayla for a brief while (when she was played by Catherine Mary Stewart). At the end of his run, he was paired with Savannah Wilder (Gene Simmon's other half and former Playboy model Shannon Tweed) who was in contrast to good-guy Chris because she worked for Victor in some underhanded mob business (not excluding drugs). I believe Savannah also was involved in the Victor aspect of The Pawn storyline that brought RoJohn to the show.
Thanks for the DAYS history lesson, Matt. ;)

I do remember Shennanigans but the only Kayla I have ever known is MBE. I still can't remember this Chris guy. Oh, well.
Oh well since you started in 1985 you wouldn't know him LOL. I think he might have been gone or had just left by the time you started watching.

Fun Fact: Chris as played by Josh took Kayla's virginity. Luckily MBE wasn't int he role then!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Actually, I think Chris was on the show until about 1987. I think that's when JT left for The Hogan Family. He might have left for a brief while before that, though, to try his hand at something else, but then came back. If he was gone, it wasn't a long absence, though. Also, Chris's brother Jake was The Salem Strangler from the infamous early 80s storyline that brought Roman & Marlena together and killed Mary Anderson & Samantha Evans

squee
Member Avatar

Quote:

The Biggest "Winner's" Alison Sweeney (Sami) will co-host Jerry Lewis' 43rd Labor Day Telethon to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association. NBC Entertainment co-chairman Ben Silverman rocks, 'yo!

LOL! Nice shot, 'yo! :laugh:

daisysmommy

Hiya...
Doesn't Corday always win this crap because of his ownership stake?
Just asking...betcha ratings spike a comin- wonder if that is even good news! (Does everyone stay put...cuz that's gonna end up being a sucker punch...right?)

Thanks! Happy Olympics....

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Ken needs to freaking retire pronto. He's made the show become a total disaster from his parents legacy.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Let's buy the show from KC. We could start a fund for the fans of the show to contribute to! :)

Mason

It's very reassuring to read that it seems like Corday's fighting a losing battle for once. Between Ed, Sony, and NBC all unhappy with the current state of DAYS, Higley may very well be on her way out. And when the official announcement comes, I will be dancing in the streets!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hunterforrester
Aug 8 2008, 01:47 PM
A dead fetus could fix this soap. But Ken and Dena can't.
So, you're saying that Chelsea is the new headwriter? :P
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Mason
Aug 9 2008, 01:11 PM
It's very reassuring to read that it seems like Corday's fighting a losing battle for once. Between Ed, Sony, and NBC all unhappy with the current state of DAYS, Higley may very well be on her way out. And when the official announcement comes, I will be dancing in the streets!
Can I dance along with ya :)

Mason

Certainly! There's room for plenty, as there should be. :)

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

LOL — re: Chelsea; god you guys are bigger bitches than I am Which is why I heart you all. And even those who don't get it.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Nelson, we're a (mostly) bright and bitchy group, here. That's what makes us so much fun. :)

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Yes, you are, Blanche! Which is why this is the only site — other than DC and ENVELOPE — I CRUISE... because you guys KNOW YOUR SHIT! Even though some of you guys turn on a dime, but that's what makes it fun! Right? Having said that, your fan fic is the best in the business. And I think Steve Frame is my new husband.
Edited by hunterforrester, Aug 9 2008, 11:58 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 9 2008, 05:43 PM
hunterforrester
Aug 8 2008, 01:47 PM
A dead fetus could fix this soap. But Ken and Dena can't.
So, you're saying that Chelsea is the new headwriter? :P
LMFAO

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

PLEASE let's not say that too loudly!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hunterforrester
Aug 9 2008, 10:26 PM
LOL — re: Chelsea; god you guys are bigger bitches than I am Which is why I heart you all. And even those who don't get it.
Touchι! :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I have to love some of the "bitchery"(is that even a word?) on this site and the way it lives up to the "no holds barred" rep! The backstage stuff about DAYS/ Higley/ Scott/Corday/ Unnamed "over blown Diva" has been riveting! I've been reading/lurking for over a week and finally registered! I can access Nelson's pages but I haven't been able to access the Fan Fic! My Mom's all-time favorite soap was "FROM THESE ROOTS" so I'd love to be able to see some of this as well as "HIDDEN SECRETS" and other things I'm just seeing today! Do I have to climb my way out of "commoner" (I love it!) status before I can read them and listen to Buzzworthy? Sorry for all of the questions if this is not the right forum but I've apparently regressed to computer illiteracy here!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply