Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT ZImmer sounds off; Hinsey update; It's a bitchy bangs edition
Topic Started: Aug 8 2008, 09:09 AM (2,383 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DRtv - that's where you'll find all the above mentioned webseries/fanfics
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Matt
Aug 10 2008, 10:21 AM
DRtv - that's where you'll find all the above mentioned webseries/fanfics
Thank you so much , Matt! I SHOULD have seen that along with a little thing called FAQ's! :unsure:

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson, hehehehe! Loved the Catty Jabs!

sungrey

And while you're at it, Grandpahughes, if you were a fan of Somerset read that too. (Shameless plug over.) On a more serious note, all of us have talent over at the DRtv boards. There's some good work being done over there. Nelson, read those DRtv boards and give us a plug! lol

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

sungrey
Aug 10 2008, 02:44 PM
And while you're at it, Grandpahughes, if you were a fan of Somerset read that too. (Shameless plug over.) On a more serious note, all of us have talent over at the DRtv boards. There's some good work being done over there. Nelson, read those DRtv boards and give us a plug! lol
Thanks for the tip ,Sungrey! I always support new and promising talent and I used to belong to a site which encouraged members to post their own serials which I followed faithfully! I WAS a fan of Somerset and was disappointed by the wasted potential when it was cancelled! I will DEFINITELY check it out! I was like a kid in a candy store when I opened DRtv! I LOVE that there are so many options! When I see so much work being turned out by fans and budding pros, I have a little bit of optimism that just maybe Daytime ISN'T dead! The fresh approach that Nelson Branco brings to soap reporting is also encouraging! I'm even ready to buy an issue of SOD for the first time in AGES to read the Kim Zimmer interview! :)

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Please don't think I'm being snobby or lazy for not reading the fan fic, just from the titles I can tell they're all great. But I hardly have time to write my articles, watch all the soaps, watch my prime time diet, write my other columns (which are 90 percent of my income, yet the soaps take 99 percent of my time discuss), as well as do my film work, as well as develop a TV project that has a lot of interest. If I read the fan fic, I know I'm done for. And I'll probably have to quit soaps because, although that will happen sooner than later, if I have proof you guys are more talented than the soap scribes, I'll really lose it. And of course, you are. A dead fetus is more talented than most of these people. Oh, was that harsh? Fan fic is really new to me because I left the soap world for 5 years and I had no idea until I posted here it existed. So impressed!

phloeishot
Member Avatar

I'm surprised that you have time to even post on this board! :)

Let us know if you hear anything about LL or SS getting fired too. The rumor on Jossip is that LL was fired but SS wasn't.

sungrey

Sure, Nelson, sure! You just don't wanna get wrapped up in shows that you know are better than most of what's on the air. :)

Thanks for the shout out, at least, and thanks for lurking here to provide us w/info.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

That's what I said! U have no idea how much TV, film and music I have to see/listen to, and still write. No wonder I have no life. And then the theatre, etc I love. This is why I'm John McBain LOL! The soaps are the worst 8 hours a day. Not complaining.... but I know the fan fic is better, and if I read it I will really scream bloody murder. Your titles, characters, and casting all seem perfect. I wonder if the execs read? Like Mimi and Tom C said, fans should be in charge. Totally agree. Having said that, I may do a story down the road on the best fan fic compared/contrasted to the crap we have on the tube.
Edited by hunterforrester, Aug 14 2008, 01:15 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply