Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Weekly Discussion; Week of Aug. 11
Topic Started: Aug 11 2008, 02:14 AM (5,764 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Week of Aug. 11

Posted Image

Classic clip o' the week: Marlena makes a scene trashed at Wings after Stella spikes her drink.

DISCUSS!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I really hope this week turns out to be as good as it sounds!
Edited by Mason, Aug 11 2008, 02:16 AM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Can't wait for this week! :dance:

IMiss, great clip!

Paul8148

http://www.youtube.com/user/freshholygrail3

Here is todays show for those he can't find it do to time changes

darraholic
Member Avatar

My god Renee Jones just gets better with age.

Here's hoping for a great week.

Mason
Member Avatar

Today's show was pretty good. My favorite thing about it was how involved Tony and especially Anna were in everything that was going on. Why can't they be used like this more often?

I hope the whole week is Stax/Chan/Melanie free, because it is damned good not to have to suffer through their crap.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Loved todays show. I actually got to watch it in Hi Def and I can see why some actors/actress aren't fans. It shows every darn wrinkle so clearly.

Loved Tony/Stefano scenes. Nobody yells better than Stefano...love when he rolls his r's when he says "crap". Wish I could do that!
I, too, am tired of the old vs. new John comparison and love the Sami/John convo about it. I like John - hair and all!

Sami in weepy mode is always a turn off for me. She gets hysterical and cries and that ALWAYS drives me nuts. Can't she keep it together just once? Show her strength? Does she really think that yelling at Stefano will scare him into telling her everything she wants him to? I like it better when she is mad and in control. But she really hasn't been in control too much lately. Here's hoping for tomorrow!

The build up is driving me crazy! I can't wait to see what happens...and for the first time in a long time, Days has me on edge wondering what is next.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

It's weird watching the show with such few characters. You really only had Tony, EJ, Stefano, a silent Marlena, an unsilent Anna, John, Kayla, and a needs to be silent Sami. It's funny how much tighter the story can be.

Loved the unusual interactions like Anna/John, Anna/Kayla, Kayla/John, etc. I liked watching Kayla getting onto John, I expected that to be coming for awhile now. I'm also thrilled it's Kayla working on Marlena and not Dan being superdoc again.

As thrilled as I am in Stefano returning and rolling all those Rs, I am amused nurses didn't come in and ask he and Tony to keep their voices down, this is a hospital.

hops
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed today's show. I watched the whole thing! I haven't watched since the July long weekend and I'm glad I made that choice.

I was glad to see Sami and Kayla confront John with his feelings and see John react even if it was in a controlled way. He has these feelings that he seems afraid of facing. At least it's a start. I want to see it unfold like that. Just enjoyed the whole thing.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 11 2008, 02:35 PM
Loved todays show. I actually got to watch it in Hi Def and I can see why some actors/actress aren't fans. It shows every darn wrinkle so clearly.

Loved Tony/Stefano scenes. Nobody yells better than Stefano...love when he rolls his r's when he says "crap". Wish I could do that!
I, too, am tired of the old vs. new John comparison and love the Sami/John convo about it. I like John - hair and all!

Sami in weepy mode is always a turn off for me. She gets hysterical and cries and that ALWAYS drives me nuts. Can't she keep it together just once? Show her strength? Does she really think that yelling at Stefano will scare him into telling her everything she wants him to? I like it better when she is mad and in control. But she really hasn't been in control too much lately. Here's hoping for tomorrow!

The build up is driving me crazy! I can't wait to see what happens...and for the first time in a long time, Days has me on edge wondering what is next.
Who was High Def unkind to????

Alligato
Member Avatar

^Anna.
I love Anna too. I will give her props for not succumbing to the Hollywood pressure of getting her face stretched beyond belief. I am okay with wrinkles and lines around the face.
I just didn't realize the difference between regular TV and Hi def. I went back and forth and there is a huge difference.
Like on the Olympics...last night I watched Michael Phelps' team beat France and on reg TV, it was normal. On HiDef, I could see tiny droplets of water fly during the swimming. The tiniest things are noticable.

LOVE your awesome banner, cj! Film noir can't come fast enough for me!
Edited by Alligato, Aug 11 2008, 04:34 PM.

soapfan
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 11 2008, 09:45 AM
My god Renee Jones just gets better with age.

Here's hoping for a great week.
I agree. She has a very youthful appearance.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 11 2008, 02:22 PM
Today's show was pretty good. My favorite thing about it was how involved Tony and especially Anna were in everything that was going on. Why can't they be used like this more often?

I hope the whole week is Stax/Chan/Melanie free, because it is damned good not to have to suffer through their crap.
Those two were positively awesome and for me, made the show. (Along with the little teary eyes of Joe Mascolo. Damn, he sold it today.)
Who said Jawn doesn't have emotion?

Days4Life

Alligato
Aug 11 2008, 04:33 PM
^Anna.
I love Anna too. I will give her props for not succumbing to the Hollywood pressure of getting her face stretched beyond belief. I am okay with wrinkles and lines around the face.
I just didn't realize the difference between regular TV and Hi def. I went back and forth and there is a huge difference.
Like on the Olympics...last night I watched Michael Phelps' team beat France and on reg TV, it was normal. On HiDef, I could see tiny droplets of water fly during the swimming. The tiniest things are noticable.

There are several characters who probably wish HD had never been invented! When I first got my HDTV, I became obsessed with moles. It's amazing how many actors have moles all over their faces, and I had never noticed it before!

As for today's show, I enjoyed it a lot. I always appreciate Stefano's long monologues and I've missed that accent. Loved that tear coming down his face and his righteous indignation and insistence that family is the motivating factor behind it all...classic Stefano! And throwing the gauntlet down to Tony...asking what side he will be on...delicious.

Although Sami was a little too hysterical for my taste today, I did appreciate what she said to John about coming to terms with who he is now. I think a lot of his questionable actions have been motivated by his wanting to prove that he's not the superhero John everyone keeps raving about. Remember how kind and cute and at ease he was when he was with Claire? That was because she was the only one who just accepted him for who he is, instead of comparing him to who he used to be.

I love Anna!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm literally in awe at how great today's show was...First off kudos to Thaao and Joseph for their magnificent scenes today..They both hit it out of the ballpark...When written right the Dimera's are such a fascinating family....I got chills as Stefano told Tony he had to pick a side as the battle lines were about to be drawn..And today's show should make the Tony and Anna fans very happy..it took about a year, but finally they are getting some awesome material..

Speaking of Anna, i absolutely loved her today...It was fun watching Anna interact with John, Sami, EJ, and even Kayla...Leann has great chemistry with everyone...My favorite Anna moments were her surprise at riding the motorcycle and her telling John she's wearing heels..Then i enjoyed both Tony and Kayla congratulating her for helping save Marlena..And of course Anna asking Tony if she helmet hair!!!too cute..

Sami and EJ were great today as well...They work so much better when they are supporting characters in the Dimera story, as opposed to last summer when the whole plot revolved around them.It seems like Dena or whoever finally has it right by having the story focus on Stefano's revenge on Marlena, and how that affects John..

Another noteworthy scene was Kayla telling John off..So happy that MBE is finally getting good material as well...Looking forward to her being apart of this arc...Also great cliffhanger today and i loved how the previews make you want to tune in tomorrow..Who would want to miss John and Stefano facing off for the first time??
Edited by Kevc1980, Aug 11 2008, 08:33 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I guess it really doesn't matter who is writing the show right now, but I want to know because DAYS has been so good, especially the last 3 episodes. All the character interactions were just refreshing and makes me wonder why aren't most shows like this?

Thaao and Joe shined in today's episode and both proved when given good material what they can do with it. I didn't know who to root for as I kept changing my mind between Stefano and Tony during their scenes. I am so glad Tony and even Anna will be involved this time around, although I havent always been a big fan of the character of Anna in today's show I really enjoyed seeing her.

Damn does Ali have some tig oh bitties! Now that that is outta of the way, I was glad to see Sami mad as hell and confronting Stefano and thanking Jawn for rescuing Marlena.

Tomorrow looks to be yet another great show, I just hope Lexie is involved somehow.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kirk
Aug 11 2008, 09:51 PM
I guess it really doesn't matter who is writing the show right now, but I want to know because DAYS has been so good, especially the last 3 episodes. All the character interactions were just refreshing and makes me wonder why aren't most shows like this?
According to Nelson, what we're seeing right now is Ed Scott's work.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mason
Aug 11 2008, 09:56 PM
Kirk
Aug 11 2008, 09:51 PM
According to Nelson, what we're seeing right now is Ed Scott's work.
If that is true Mason, why doesn't KC just hire him on the spot as HW? Oh because he won't give KC head everyday like Higley seems to be doing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

These episodes have made me realize that if the show got rid of all the younger set and just kept these couples and Stefano and wouldn't be sad one iota.
Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

is there anyway, we can keep ed as HW??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply