Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Weekly Discussion; Week of Aug. 11
Topic Started: Aug 11 2008, 02:14 AM (5,669 Views)
Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

Brava! Finally Days I can get into!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gwennie
Member Avatar

Today's show was pretty good. Deidre did a great job as somebody that can barely move or breath but still can cry because she knows she has probably dug her own grave. She looked really sick and it was hard to watch the tears rolling down her cheeks.

I think Leann Hunley is great. Sometimes she is a little over the top, but Anna is over the top. Her scenes today, especially with Dee were great. I'd love to see more of her.

One negative today: I wish Sami was not there. To me, she distracts from everything else. I didn't enjoy her when John was performing CPR on Marlena and I didn't enjoy her today. She seems out of place. I can't help but wish Belle(Martha's version) was still around.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

I love, LOVE, LOOOVVVEEEE that Stefano is back. The show simply is not the same without him. I love the lock down today. I thought to myself, here we go!!! lol

The Tony, EJ, Steffy, John, Anna, Sami, Kayla, Patch and Marlena scenes have been great!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was another great episode. They really have brought back the classic feel of Stefano. Seriously, even when he isn't in the room, you feel terrified and wonder if he is around. That is the way it should be. His presence should be felt even when he isn't actually in a scene.

First off, I LOVED the Anna/Stefano faceoff at the start of the show. Hunley was amazing and I loved Stefano calling her a meddlesome bitch and telling Tony he keeps repeating the same mistakes when he learned that Tony married Anna again. Good stuff. The John/Stefano faceoff was very good. I loved how they addressed the Colleen situation and how upset Stefano got when John mentioned how she destroyed his father. I also loved how John got upset when Stefano called Colleen a slut. It was nice interplay. EJ bringing up Ava was a nice touch. I figured Stefano would know the Vitali's so that was a nice nod. Liked John bringing the cigar in Stefano's room, almost like a dig at Stefano LOL. The cigar cutter stuff was chilling too. I knew he wouldn't do anything to him but I still bought into the whole scene and felt John may.

Loved the reactions to Stefano going missing and John getting pissed at Tony and telling him they will talk later about his not saying that Stefano is awake. The news report was a nice way to build the tension and I really enjoyed the slow buildup with hearing the sounds of things closing in that Sami/EJ scene as Stefano laughs in John's face and then Sami and EJ learning that phones, elevators, and doors don't work. It had a very horror film-like vibe to it and I loved it. Good end scene too. Nice cliffhanger with the gas beginning to spread and everyone realizing what they are dealing with. I like how Sami turned to John, as if she knows he is the only one who can save them or stop this.

I liked the EJ/Stefano mini showdown too and I also like how EJ mentioned to Sami why he told everyone where John was back in January...to put an end to this mess. It was a nice tie-in with what Marlena did and I like how he was upset that Marlena pretty much negated his act of good faith by putting Stefano in a coma. Dee was great today and kudos to Days for making Marlena look really sick. They did a great job in March with Bo and a great job today. That's Ed Scott for you. The Marlena/Sami/Kayla scenes were very dramatic and I like when John came in and asked her to fight. Marlena admitting what she did was nicely done. You could tell she was realizing that she made a mistake now despite not really having regrets. I really liked Tony's line to her about how she sounded like Stefano by justifying what she did with the "I was protecting my family" excuse. Marlena's reaction was telling. She knew he had a point and, ironically, Stefano drove her to do something he would do in a sense. In a way, she became him as far as her actions and justification. This is all just too good!

Enjoyed the Tony and Anna scenes but especially enjoyed the Tony/Marlena scene. I love how they are writing Tony. He is so conflicted. He was so disappointed in Marlena yet understood why she did it while sort of chastising her. It was such a well-done scene. Loved the Anna/Marlena scene too and her begging Marlena to fight. Hope to see more of their friendship. It was a nice scene with Kayla/Marlena at the end when Marlena said she trusts her. I really like Kayla in doctor mode. Nice end scene with the gas pouring in around them. Liked Steve being involved too and being told Stefano was awake. I liked the scene he had with John where he told him that Stefano did the same thing to him. I'm so happy they acknowledged that both John and Steve have had similar experiences. I was very happy to see that the Steve/Stefano relationship will not be dropped. I was worried since J&M are back in his circle. Good scenes and nice scenes with Steve and Joe at the end. Intense and I'm glad they had Steve act smart with covering the baby up and trying to close up the vents.

Just an all around good episode with good drama and loads of tension. Can't wait for tomorrow!!
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 13 2008, 02:04 AM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

After watching todays episode i'm so anxious to see what happens tomorrow..The show is on fire right now and the best its been in a very long time..Stefano's return is being done perfectly...Loved the John and Stefano showdown...It was just as great as i imagined...Also John threatening Stefano with the cigar cutter was very intense..But Stefano actually scared me a bit when he said he'd kill another person John loved if John even broke a pinkie...This brotherly showdown between John and Stefano is just dynamite right now...

Marlena admitting to drugging Stefano was excellent..Deidre did a great job today, showing Marlena gradually getting weaker...And i'm loving seeing Kayla in doctor mode, its so refreshing...And its so nice seeing Marlena sharing scenes with Kayla, Tony, and Anna...

Speaking of Tony and Anna, they rock plain and simple...They are really proving what assets they can be to the show right now..And i think Thaao is proving that his emmy nomination was no fluke...Stefano calling Anna a meddlesome bitch was delicious..The dialog we are getting right now, is just as good as what we got during Hogan's run..

Finally the cliffhanger at the end was so well done..I was literally on the edge of my seat...Ed Scott thank you so much for these incredible episodes...
Edited by Kevc1980, Aug 13 2008, 01:38 AM.

Shylock

The only thing I didn't like about today's episode is that they seemed to have kept Sami in a constant state of "be-ready-to-bawl-your-eyes-out". I was almost hoping EJ grab her and be all "Get a hold of it, woman!"

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Shylock
Aug 13 2008, 04:29 AM
The only thing I didn't like about today's episode is that they seemed to have kept Sami in a constant state of "be-ready-to-bawl-your-eyes-out". I was almost hoping EJ grab her and be all "Get a hold of it, woman!"
LOL, she's needed that for months now! :D

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I am just worried that they have Sami such an emotional wreck right now, because they are setting us up for Ali's pregnancy to be written in.

pagraves
Member Avatar

LorrieOw
Aug 13 2008, 08:46 AM
I am just worried that they have Sami such an emotional wreck right now, because they are setting us up for Ali's pregnancy to be written in.
Sami the brood mare is not must-see TV. Please, for the love of all that's holy, no more babies on this show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

pagraves
Aug 13 2008, 09:22 AM
LorrieOw
Aug 13 2008, 08:46 AM
Sami the brood mare is not must-see TV. Please, for the love of all that's holy, no more babies on this show.
I hope she is pregnant! The more DiMera's the better!

Pearly
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 13 2008, 07:59 AM
Shylock
Aug 13 2008, 04:29 AM
LOL, she's needed that for months now! :D
What Sami has been needing is this:

Maybe it'll FINALLY make her realize alot of shit!

Kyrai

cjknick
Aug 13 2008, 09:26 AM
I hope she is pregnant! The more DiMera's the better!
LOL! Great point. More Dimera men please!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Guys, why isn't anyone discussing today's epi?? Did it suck? :ermmmm: Or are you guys so disappointed with the spoilers for the week of the 25th, that you don't want to invest in this week anymore? :shrug:

Mason

I overslept today so I'll have to wait until I can download today's episode from iTunes before I can comment.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

Pearly_Moon
Aug 13 2008, 03:40 PM
Guys, why isn't anyone discussing today's epi?? Did it suck? :ermmmm: Or are you guys so disappointed with the spoilers for the week of the 25th, that you don't want to invest in this week anymore? :shrug:
Pearly, I love the banner.

I have not seen the show yet.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I can talk a little bit about today's episode. I skipped EJ/Sami stuff because I can't stand hysterical Sami (so as a general rule I usually can't watch Sami like ever).

I still don't get how Lucas is still in the hospital because he got beat up, but Philip got shot in the stomach and went home weeks ago. LOL

They did a good job today of making Stefano like this intangible presence, drifting from one room to the next, wreaking havoc on everyone he touched. It was really good when he was in talking to Marlena, and the looks she gave him - I'm not a J&M fan, or much of a fan of Stefano's since he got turned into a cartoon, but these were good scenes! I also liked John's determination to find Stefano, and the sense of protectiveness that he seemed to have for Marlena.

I also enjoyed the sort of ominous sense you got from the hospital being shut down and the characters being unable to escape the gas. I think all the cast did a good job portraying their dread over this (although I wondered whether most hospitals have shatter proof windows). And kudos to Steve for being smart enough to actually, you know, do something about his vent. LOL

And I know a lot of people don't care for NB, but I thought she did a really good job today of portraying her panic and fear without being over-the-top. I loved her in the scene with Stefano, and am hoping that it was hinting at things to come.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I haven't watched the show yet...gotta run home...but Pearly, I love the clip you posted. From what I can tell from this epi, we have Sami freaking out again, and I. JUST. CAN'T. STAND. IT. Like nails on the chalk board when that woman cries!

And LOL about Phillip getting shot, needing major surgury with rare blood transplant, and home the next day with a little bandaid covering it and hobbling all over and getting horny, yet Lucas got beat up a bit and is STILL in the hospital whining? Great catch!

Oh, and how big is the 7th floor? All those people and nobody runs into each other? Is this like the tiny church that 6 people were in and nobody saw each other the night EJ was shot?

esp13
Member Avatar

I enjoyed today's episode. It wasn't as good as Monday and Tuesday, but it wasn't bad. I kind of like Stefano roaming all over the hospital and freaking people out. It's campy, but it's fun. I flove that they just gave Jawn an immunity to the toxins. It's almost as good as Rolf's "It didn't take" explanation for not being dead. Plus, it gave me flashbacks to the Princess Bride (immunity to iocane powder) which is always a bonus.

I'm not sure why Stefano is so interested in EJ and Sami's love life, but since that subject has spawned a million fanbase wars, maybe it was just inevitable that Stefano would get caught up in it too.

All in all, it was just an entertaining day. Kind of fluffy, but generally fun. I even felt a little sorry for Marlena as people kept leaving her there so that Stefano could walk in and bug her some more. ;-)

Days4Life

There were some things about today's episode that didn't make any sense at all, but I don't care...I enjoyed it anyway. I love the ominous feeling and the creepy music that makes me feel bad things are going to jump out of the closet and slither out from underneath the bed. I had to LOL at Chloe's hallucination about the scar, but at the same time it brought back terrible memories of that storyline. NB actually was decent today, and stayed away from the over the top hystrionics; I guess that was reserved for Sami.

hops
Member Avatar

I didn't enjoy today's show as much as the last two shows, but it wasn't bad.

I've seen tomorrow's show and really liked it! Some great Stefano/Marlena and John/Tony scenes and good dialog.
Edited by hops, Aug 13 2008, 07:19 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply