Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Weekly Discussion; Week of Aug. 11
Topic Started: Aug 11 2008, 02:14 AM (5,568 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Aug 14 2008, 02:40 AM
Oh, well that just sounds like a big ol' crock, LoL. Logic shouldn't have to be forced or explained.
Why? I just saw on another board a similar inquiry and just in case Ellie wondered if it was possible, I just thought I should mention the info I had about it. It's not a crock at all. It's a lockdown situation and, on top of that, it is a hospital. I think it was Lucas who said something like it's for safety. I mean, if a patient freaks out or something, you have to have some protection. You don't want them throwing themselves through windows or whatever so it makes sense to have precautions like that. I mean, situations like gas filling a whole floor at a hospital don't exactly happen every day so I don't think they would take that into account LOL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 02:46 AM
They did try. I think Sami or Chloe did and either Lucas or EJ backed them away. I know Lucas mentioned the safety latch.
haha I didn't mean Chloe trying. I meant John, EJ, Tony, Steve. Someone who might actually be successful.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Kenny
Logic shouldn't have to be forced or explained.
Exactly.

Phoenix, about the 'little things working' - I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather things like this be dealt with directly, rather than just through dialogue to 'cover up' an inconsistency. If there is no solution, they should have taken a different route to making everyone in the hospital sick. Poison the drinking water, I don't know. I just don't find it plausible that everyone would just accept that the windows are permanently closed.
They didn't. As I said, we saw (I think it was Lucas) try it. Hell, we saw them all running around looking for ways out, checking staircases, elevators, all that jazz. They weren't standing around at all. Hell, they were all over the place today. John was searching for other ways to ventilate, which plays largely into tomorrow. I mean, it's not like they all just sat there and gave up. We saw them trying to come up with ways to deal with things. I don't think you can get anymore direct from that. Hell, as soon as Steve saw the gas, he immediately covered up his infant child's carrier with a blanket and started searching for oxygen and something to help. He got oxygen for the baby and himself and then proceeded to covering the vent. I think Days did a very good job with the details. Hell, some are on other boards complaining that Days actually was too repetitive with the details LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Aug 14 2008, 02:48 AM
PhoenixRising05
They did try. I think Sami or Chloe did and either Lucas or EJ backed them away. I know Lucas mentioned the safety latch.
haha I didn't mean Chloe trying. I meant John, EJ, Tony, Steve. Someone who might actually be successful.
I don't think it matters. We see that someone tried. That's enough. Anything else is wasting time and, like I said, people already felt they were repetitive with the details. We don't need to see everyone trying. The way they were all running around, it's safe to assume they did. Hell, yesterday EJ was running around with Sami trying phones and elevators and shit. John was walking around checking ventilation. I'm sure he checked the windows for the hell of it.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 02:51 AM
Ellie
Kenny
Exactly.

Phoenix, about the 'little things working' - I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather things like this be dealt with directly, rather than just through dialogue to 'cover up' an inconsistency. If there is no solution, they should have taken a different route to making everyone in the hospital sick. Poison the drinking water, I don't know. I just don't find it plausible that everyone would just accept that the windows are permanently closed.
They didn't. As I said, we saw (I think it was Lucas) try it. Hell, we saw them all running around looking for ways out, checking staircases, elevators, all that jazz. They weren't standing around at all. Hell, they were all over the place today. John was searching for other ways to ventilate, which plays largely into tomorrow. I mean, it's not like they all just sat there and gave up. We saw them trying to come up with ways to deal with things. I don't think you can get anymore direct from that. Hell, as soon as Steve saw the gas, he immediately covered up his infant child's carrier with a blanket and started searching for oxygen and something to help. He got oxygen for the baby and himself and then proceeded to covering the vent. I think Days did a very good job with the details. Hell, some are on other boards complaining that Days actually was too repetitive with the details LOL.
Yep, I liked the 'panic' today! (I didn't get a chance to post here about today's show but I agree with much of what you wrote... I thought it was very well done overall.) The windows was the detail I was questioning, but I did like the other ways it was dealt with. (Especially Kayla just nonchalantly letting the door close and Steve lunging for it... that was great.)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I am glad they had Steve react and go for the door instead of just standing there. That is why I feel they covered the details well. I will agree the dialogue lacked today but that always seems to happen in episodes like this when you have characters all over the place and going through shit like this. Monday and Tuesday were very in-depth character shows and tomorrow seems like that as well. Today was more action/drama driven.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 02:57 AM
I am glad they had Steve react and go for the door instead of just standing there. That is why I feel they covered the details well. I will agree the dialogue lacked today but that always seems to happen in episodes like this when you have characters all over the place and going through shit like this. Monday and Tuesday were very in-depth character shows and tomorrow seems like that as well. Today was more action/drama driven.
I agree about Monday/Tuesday (and tomorrow) as opposed to today. It was fine with me... a break from the intensity is ok, especially in the middle of the week.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Agreed. That way you please everyone since some don't like character stuff (sadly, it seems like most of those who count in the ratings don't). It's a nice balance for sure.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Kenny
Exactly.

Phoenix, about the 'little things working' - I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather things like this be dealt with directly, rather than just through dialogue to cover up an inconsistency. If there is no solution, they should have taken a different route to making everyone in the hospital sick. Poison the drinking water, I don't know. I just don't find it plausible that everyone would just accept that the windows are permanently closed.
Yeah, I mean, how convenient with the windows.

"The windows are locked!"

"What? Where's the key?"

"I accidentally ate it."

"You ATE it?"

"Yes. I'm so sorry. I think Mr. DiMera hid it inside my sandwich."

"Well, do we have something to bust the windows open?"

"I have a gun. Maybe we could shoot the latch off."

"That's great! Where's the gun?"

"Oh, crap! I left it in my car!"

"Where's your car?"

"It's in the parking garage."

"Well let's go to the parking garage!"

"It just collapsed. There was an earthquake."

"Oh."

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Wow...I don't think it was like that at all, Kenny. You actually have me wondering if you even watched the episode yet or missed the scenes I'm bringing up.

I will use the Lucas/Chloe scene as the primary example since the Sami/EJ one was pretty quick. Chloe mentioned the window. Lucas went to check it but, as he did, explained it had a latch and that it was shatter-proof, obviously for security purposes. Even disregarding patient security, it's a lockdown. It's the same procedure as an epidemic. You can't have anyone or anything getting out. It's quarantine. Hell, I don't even think the show really has to touch on half the shit they touched on. It should be pretty explicit what happens in a lockdown situation and what hospital security procedures are like, especially since many of us have been in a hospital for whatever reasons.

Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 14 2008, 03:10 AM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 02:53 AM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
I don't think it matters. We see that someone tried. That's enough. Anything else is wasting time and, like I said, people already felt they were repetitive with the details. We don't need to see everyone trying. The way they were all running around, it's safe to assume they did. Hell, yesterday EJ was running around with Sami trying phones and elevators and shit. John was walking around checking ventilation. I'm sure he checked the windows for the hell of it.
Its not a waste of time to me, I usually agree with you Tim but I wanted to either see Jawn or EJ really try and break a window out. Just talking about it wasn't enough.

I will post more thoughts sometime later on today.....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Aug 14 2008, 03:12 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 02:53 AM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Its not a waste of time to me, I usually agree with you Tim but I wanted to either see Jawn or EJ really try and break a window out. Just talking about it wasn't enough.

I will post more thoughts sometime later on today.....
I just don't understand why they have to?

We saw others try and inquire about it. Do we really need only certain people to do it? That makes no sense to me. I mean, as I said, some people were complaining about other things being repetitive. Isn't that repetitive after we already saw others do it?

I just don't get the point of this argument at all LOL. I guess this is what happens when a show gets good. The nitpicking phase begins :laugh: .

daisysmommy

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 11:11 PM
Ross the Intern taped another episode of Days today. He posted a video of himself behind-the-scenes at the set. If you listen closely, I think you can hear the faint sounds of Ed Scott beating Higley over the head with a boot.

That is funny!

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 03:09 AM
^Wow...I don't think it was like that at all, Kenny. You actually have me wondering if you even watched the episode yet or missed the scenes I'm bringing up.
LoL! I wasn't serious, Phoenix. I was using that as an extreme example of trying to force logic. I'm not even sure if that's the correct term for it, but you know what I mean.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Aug 14 2008, 03:16 AM
PhoenixRising05
LoL! I wasn't serious, Phoenix. I was using that as an extreme example of trying to force logic. I'm not even sure if that's the correct term for it, but you know what I mean.
I figured you weren't but since you kept mentioning forced logic, I responded since we had the discussion going on. It's all good, Kenny. :smile: .

I mean, if I really wanted to look for little details to complain about in anything, I could. For instance, I was bothered by the fact that Sami tried to open the staircase door for a little bit and it didn't budge only to have it open a scene or two later when she backed into it. Did that bug me a bit? Yeah but I saw it as no big deal. I see this as the same thing. Hell, it even seems unnecessary. For me, it's on par with wanting to see a character leave a building just so you know they are actually gone. I just can't believe we are arguing over windows. Is the show on that much of a roll that we can't find anything else to talk about? :laugh:

I don't mean to be offensive or anything. Usually I can back away at some point but I just don't get the point of this at all. :laugh: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 14 2008, 03:22 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 03:20 AM
Kenny
Aug 14 2008, 03:16 AM
PhoenixRising05
I figured you weren't but since you kept mentioning forced logic, I responded since we had the discussion going on. It's all good, Kenny. :smile: .

I mean, if I really wanted to look for little details to complain about in anything, I could. For instance, I was bothered by the fact that Sami tried to open the staircase door for a little bit and it didn't budge only to have it open a scene or two later when she backed into it. Did that bug me a bit? Yeah but I saw it as no big deal. I see this as the same thing. Hell, it even seems unnecessary. For me, it's on par with wanting to see a character leave a building just so you know they are actually gone. I just can't believe we are arguing over windows. Is the show on that much of a roll that we can't find anything else to talk about? :laugh:

I don't mean to be offensive or anything. Usually I can back away at some point but I just don't get the point of this at all. :laugh: .
Maybe we're so used to having things to complain about with Days, that now, when there really isn't anything, we have to find something! :D
I really have no complaints rather than the plot device of Kayla letting the door shut, but that's a natural reaction.
It's the return of THE SCAR!!!! EEEEEKKK!
Wow, Joe Moscolo was 1000 kinds of excellent these past few days. Everyone was top notch, and I loved how all these folks got involved. I especially love the leadership roles handed to Tony and Anna. Bout damn time!!

pagraves
Member Avatar

I'm not sure it's even fair to blame Kayla about the door. Those doors lock from the outside, but they open freely from the inside going back out. She had no reason to believe the door wouldn't open again---at that point, she didn't even know the floor was locked down, did she? Only that the phones weren't working and that her small son was being exposed to gas somewhere in the area. As soon as she saw her son, that was her priority, and she really had no reason to think letting the door close was going to be an issue. Only Steve did, and that's why he lunged at the door.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I quite enjoyed the Chloe & Stefano scenes. I remember when everyone thought Stefano would end up being Chloe's biological daughter.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

IMissAremid
Aug 13 2008, 07:59 PM
That stupid scar on Chloe's face made me hate a character I had liked when she was the original ghoul girl so I wasn't sure how I would react tot his, but I loved her hallucination that she had it on her face when she looked in the mirror and think all the hallucination stuff was really cool.
That stupid scar storyline was so stupid. It was totally out of character for Chloe.

esp13
Member Avatar

Yeah, I didn't even think the door was much of a plot contrivance since it's a standard method for getting two people trapped in a locked room and, in this case, made sense. Actually the part that didn't make sense was how Steve got into the room if it requires an access code to open the door. ;)

And just chiming in on the windows discussion, I have to agree with Phoenix that I thought they covered that pretty well. Lucas was trying to open the window in his room and mentioned the safety latches. Then Chloe said something about breaking it and Lucas mentioned that it was safety glass and they couldn't even smash it with a sledgehammer? or something because it was shatter proof.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply