Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings; OLTL rant/DAYS rave/Passion-itis alert
Topic Started: Aug 11 2008, 03:03 PM (3,881 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Nelson+Ratings+August+11+2008/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/080811_ratings_nelson.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

I agree about Days. I've watched since Friday, and have seen Tuedsay's show (I'm Canadian). I thought all the actors were great. But please, no more triangles or quads. J&M haven't even been given a chance yet. I liked the John/Anna scenes, but saw no romantic chemistry, same with the Tony/Marlena scene on Tuesday's show, in fact, it was a little disturbing in that hospital room. I'm enjoying the suspense and how this story has played the last couple of days, I'd like to continue to enjoy it.

jules

hops
Aug 11 2008, 03:16 PM
I agree about Days. I've watched since Friday, and have seen Tuedsay's show (I'm Canadian). I thought all the actors were great. But please, no more triangles or quads. J&M haven't even been given a chance yet. I liked the John/Anna scenes, but saw no romantic chemistry, same with the Tony/Marlena scene on Tuesday's show, in fact, it was a little disturbing in that hospital room. I'm enjoying the suspense and how this story has played the last couple of days, I'd like to continue to enjoy it.
ITA hops. I've watched the show live Thursday and today for the first time in ages and definitely noticed improvement. And, please. no more quads, triangles etc for J&M. Why can't actors of the opposite sex have some good scenes without trying to turn them into something romantic? I do remember an attempt at "Mony" was a disaster the first time anyway.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Yeah, I agree, but if i can suggest anything remotely realistic on this soap, well, you know, you have to lead the blind sometime. I'm just scraed Days may resort to more brain chips now that Stefano's back. Anyway, this four doesn't have to be a romantic grouping; it'd be cool to see them as friends. And John needs to start hanging out with people his own age!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson!

Quote:

Daytime: Passion-itis alert!
Mendorra. 1968. Ghosts turning into demons before urging pregnant women to jump into an ocean. Purple gas. Baby Max is black. Pubescent first cousins Parker and Liberty have sex. Are soaps trying to lure Passions fans to their soaps by trying to be like James E. Reilly? Listen up, Idiots In Charge. There’s a reason why Passions was cancelled, so stop it!

:o Which soaps are doing those things? LOL

Passions may have been cancelled but atleast it was given a second chance. Its a shame that 2nd chance was ruined. Passions only good wacky and crazy around the middle on 2005 and in 2008 with the Vincent/Valerie/Julian crap.

You should let your Canadian readers know that Superchannel is airing reruns of Passions. They started today. ;)

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 03:27 PM
And John needs to start hanging out with people his own age!
Like...? lol

jules

hunterforrester
Yeah, I agree, but if i can suggest anything remotely realistic on this soap, well, you know, you have to lead the blind sometime. I'm just scraed Days may resort to more brain chips now that Stefano's back. Anyway, this four doesn't have to be a romantic grouping; it'd be cool to see them as friends. And John needs to start hanging out with people his own age!
I wouldn't mind all of them as friends, in fact, I'd love to see more of a Marlena and Anna friendship.

Mason
Member Avatar

Quote:

Mendorra. 1968. Ghosts turning into demons before urging pregnant women to jump into an ocean. Purple gas. Baby Max is black. Pubescent first cousins Parker and Liberty have sex. Are soaps trying to lure Passions fans to their soaps by trying to be like James E. Reilly? Listen up, Idiots In Charge. There’s a reason why Passions was cancelled, so stop it!

Can I get an AMEN?! :hail:

There is definitely chemistry there between Drake and Leann! A John/Marlena/Tony/Anna quad could be a goldmine!

Although I have to disagree about Mendorra being the worst story of 2008. That honor (or dishonor, I should say) belongs to PASSIONS for Vincent having his own father's baby. :puke:
Edited by Mason, Aug 11 2008, 03:35 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

That's not a storyline, that was James E. Reilly's sexual fantasy broadcast.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Ew. LOL

hops
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
I don't want chips either! Maybe Tony/Anna and John/Marlena will become rivals? I just know whoever has been writing Days the last couple of days seems to be able to create a feeling and some real drama. There is so much conflict that has been set up, as long as they keep it character driven and remember what happened on the last show (the flip flopping recently was driving me crazy), it could be really good. And I agree about John getting friends his own age! lol.

hops
Member Avatar

jules
Aug 11 2008, 03:31 PM
hunterforrester
I wouldn't mind all of them as friends, in fact, I'd love to see more of a Marlena and Anna friendship.
What a concept! Wouldn't that be something new? Just a friendship or better a rivalry. Or Tony and John are rivals and Marlena and Anna are friends.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Well, I guess I won't be watching OLTL anytime soon. I had been checking it out from time to time because everyone was raving about it, but that Mendorra storyline sounds ridiculous.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 03:53 PM
Well, I guess I won't be watching OLTL anytime soon. I had been checking it out from time to time because everyone was raving about it, but that Mendorra storyline sounds ridiculous.
If you had been watching from May through most of July, you would have understood what everyone was raving about.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Gee... I can see Tony/Anna and John/Marlena all living at DiMansion. Tony & John trying to one-up the other. Marlena & Anna with an uneasy truce (I forget whether they actually get along. Anna wasn't exactly nice when she first came on back in the day). I'm suddenly having flashbacks to Tony/Anna & David/Renee except Tony actually loved Renee (believed to be his 1/2 sister at the time).

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Good idea, Matt-erella!

daisysmommy

Y'all,

I am not saying I couldn't get into a quadrangle with folk that are more than 9 years old and have some history.

But, I need some J&M requitement before I see Tannarlena drama.

So long as it makes SOME SENSE, I don't care if I get a crumb followed by angst. Hell, I could even take Kritter. Or even the John/Stpehano/Marlena angle still amuses me.

Chris Kositchek needs to go undercover and offscreen and find Savannah Wilder, but I won't really digress on this issue.

They could also bring Belle back-- or shite-- at LEAST Claire.

SOMETHING, fer chrrisssssssake, that has some semblance of watchability.

Right now, I am tentatively programming day by day and looking to see how they handle their way in and out of the purple haze.

It's not that I mind conflict-- all drama needs it.

Its random, directionless, inexplicable spew with no real sentiment behind it that makes me deprogram the Tivo.

But give J&Mers [and I am, admittedly, a seious one] a break (and Tanna-ites too!) before you go running around discussing storylines for next Feb sweeps!

Ya? We'ze got to get thru November and renewals still!!!!!

And in the future, for goodness sake, keep Carlys) on GH. ALL OF THEM! Crunch the numbers and see the light. Write the writing on the wall. Whatever.

Anyway, today rocked.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 03:53 PM
The Mendorra storyline is over now. It was bad, but not as bad as Nelson made it out to be IMHO. I do agree with most of what he said about it however. I don't think Justis Bolding(Sarah) is really bad, but she's probably the worst actress on the show and agree that a stronger actress needs to be cast. My ideal choice would be Alexis Thorpe (ex-Cassie Brady, DAYS) or maybe Alexa Havins(ex-Babe, AMC).
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Mulder
Aug 11 2008, 05:50 PM
The Mendorra storyline is over now. It was bad, but not as bad as Nelson made it out to be IMHO.
I agree. Mendorra wasn't great by any means, but IMO, the 1968 story is a lot worse.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hops
Aug 11 2008, 03:16 PM
How many more chances do J&M need????????? :shrug:
Nelson, you bring about an intriguing suggestion EXCEPT I would switch this around and say that TONY and ANNA need a chance. Hmmmmm, how about EJ/Sami/Jawn/Marlena? That would turn the soap world on its collective ear! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply