Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings; OLTL rant/DAYS rave/Passion-itis alert
Topic Started: Aug 11 2008, 03:03 PM (3,952 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 03:53 PM
Well, I guess I won't be watching OLTL anytime soon. I had been checking it out from time to time because everyone was raving about it, but that Mendorra storyline sounds ridiculous.
I hate to admit it, but OLTL is slipping. Mendorra, the 1968 storyline (although I kinda like it in a silly campy way), Todd and Marty's creepfest...but the worst to me is Tess. UGH.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Die Tess, die! For the life of me I do not understand why people are fooled by Bree Williamson! U guys have great ideas once again, fans should be writing these shows. We could do it in our sleep.

I've been quiet on the 1968 because I want to see how it all plays out, HOWEVER, I do like it so far. It's not Shakespeare, but it's kind of a cool brain teaser. Maybe I like it because everything else on this show is crap. When Days is better you know there's a problem! Oh, I kid don't get all Hinsey on me, folks.

Down with Dena!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I think OLTL's problem is they stretched these special 40th anniversary storylines a little longer than they needed to..Maybe a week for the 1968 storyline would have been better than nearly a month...

Thanks Hunter for the Days rave, the show really has improved the past week..Bope's renewal was another great part of last week, as we got a real location shoot..Also the new actress that plays Melanie seems like she's going to be fun to watch..And i'm really looking forward to this Stefano revenge story playing out, so happy that Tony, Anna, Steve, and Kayla are involved as well..

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kevc1980
Aug 11 2008, 06:30 PM
I think OLTL's problem is they stretched these special 40th anniversary storylines a little longer than they needed to..Maybe a week for the 1968 storyline would have been better than nearly a month...

Maybe they were told to do that by ABC due to the Olympics....... :unsure:

Kyrai

I don't agree with wanting any other pairings, but Nelson is right about the writing. Whoever is doing it, it has been top notch. Anna, Tony, John, Kayla and Stefano have always been talented actors. Now we're getting writing worthy of them. I loved every minute of today's ep. These actors do need to be in more scenes together, but NOT as romantic triangles or quadrangles.

Anna has always been adorable at bringing just the right touch of humor to her scenes, I loved her in every scene she was in. Tony was absolutely brilliant facing off against Stefano. He was on fire. The scenes between John and Kayla and Sami were so emotional and poignant. I've always loved MBE. She's wonderful when given decent material, and today was great material. She was the perfect one to lay into John. Drake played it just right in every scene. He seemed so emotional while struggling to appear non-emotional. I thought he was amazing. Sami was incredibly sweet with her apology and her honest talk. Everyone really hit the mark with me today. I was shocked! I hope this keeps up.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

jules
Aug 11 2008, 03:24 PM
hops
Aug 11 2008, 03:16 PM
I agree about Days. I've watched since Friday, and have seen Tuedsay's show (I'm Canadian). I thought all the actors were great. But please, no more triangles or quads. J&M haven't even been given a chance yet. I liked the John/Anna scenes, but saw no romantic chemistry, same with the Tony/Marlena scene on Tuesday's show, in fact, it was a little disturbing in that hospital room. I'm enjoying the suspense and how this story has played the last couple of days, I'd like to continue to enjoy it.
ITA hops. I've watched the show live Thursday and today for the first time in ages and definitely noticed improvement. And, please. no more quads, triangles etc for J&M. Why can't actors of the opposite sex have some good scenes without trying to turn them into something romantic? I do remember an attempt at "Mony" was a disaster the first time anyway.
ITA hops and Jules, I swear if John has a scene with anyone of the opposite sex someone will run to post about how HAWT they were together :popcorn:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

jules
Aug 11 2008, 03:31 PM
hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I agree, but if i can suggest anything remotely realistic on this soap, well, you know, you have to lead the blind sometime. I'm just scraed Days may resort to more brain chips now that Stefano's back. Anyway, this four doesn't have to be a romantic grouping; it'd be cool to see them as friends. And John needs to start hanging out with people his own age!
I wouldn't mind all of them as friends, in fact, I'd love to see more of a Marlena and Anna friendship.
Yes! They were always good friends. And as long as Laura is no longer around it would be nice if Marlena had a true friend. Hope doesn't cut it for me.

Days4Life

Wait a minute here...Sami and EJ swap DNA...is that true? And what kind of DNA? Since Nelson mentioned another Sami pregnancy, does that mean they have sex? I need to know so I can brace myself for another round of Lumi/Ejami wars!

I like the description of DAYS as Shakespeare lite. But does that mean Dena Higley is Shakespeare? Of course, some people think Shakespeare didn't actually write Shakespeare, so that would tie in to the backstage drama and the question of who's really writing.

Mason
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Aug 11 2008, 07:04 PM
I like the description of DAYS as Shakespeare lite. But does that mean Dena Higley is Shakespeare?
If she is, then we must be living in the ninth circle of hell...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Aug 11 2008, 06:41 PM
jules
Aug 11 2008, 03:24 PM
hops
Aug 11 2008, 03:16 PM
I agree about Days. I've watched since Friday, and have seen Tuedsay's show (I'm Canadian). I thought all the actors were great. But please, no more triangles or quads. J&M haven't even been given a chance yet. I liked the John/Anna scenes, but saw no romantic chemistry, same with the Tony/Marlena scene on Tuesday's show, in fact, it was a little disturbing in that hospital room. I'm enjoying the suspense and how this story has played the last couple of days, I'd like to continue to enjoy it.
ITA hops. I've watched the show live Thursday and today for the first time in ages and definitely noticed improvement. And, please. no more quads, triangles etc for J&M. Why can't actors of the opposite sex have some good scenes without trying to turn them into something romantic? I do remember an attempt at "Mony" was a disaster the first time anyway.
ITA hops and Jules, I swear if John has a scene with anyone of the opposite sex someone will run to post about how HAWT they were together :popcorn:
DAMN, did you guys see how hot Kayla and John were together when she was rippin' him a new one? If only they hadn't thought they were brother and sister for a while............................. :D
John and Ava....John and Anna (ah, the sacrifices I'm willing to make for good soap)......John and Kayla........John and Sami.............the possibilities are endless....(well, as endless as an incestuous town can be.............)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Days4Life
Aug 11 2008, 07:04 PM
Wait a minute here...Sami and EJ swap DNA...is that true? And what kind of DNA? Since Nelson mentioned another Sami pregnancy, does that mean they have sex? I need to know so I can brace myself for another round of Lumi/Ejami wars!

I like the description of DAYS as Shakespeare lite. But does that mean Dena Higley is Shakespeare? Of course, some people think Shakespeare didn't actually write Shakespeare, so that would tie in to the backstage drama and the question of who's really writing.
Wait, I missed that part. What, Sami is in competition with Kate for the most kids on the show now? Writing in the pregnancy isn't very creative.....oh well. Bring back Stan!!! :D

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 11 2008, 07:20 PM
DAMN, did you guys see how hot Kayla and John were together when she was rippin' him a new one?
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed a lot of chemistry between DH and MBE in that scene, LoL.

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 11 2008, 07:22 PM
Writing in the pregnancy isn't very creative.....oh well. Bring back Stan!!! :D
Bite your tongue! :P

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed a lot of chemistry between DH and MBE in that scene, LoL.
I'd pay to see DDH have chemistry with anyone these days. Robodick can't muster up chemistry with his cigars, much less another human being.

hops
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 11 2008, 07:41 PM
Mason
I'd pay to see DDH have chemistry with anyone these days. Robodick can't muster up chemistry with his cigars, much less another human being.
Not to mention John and Kayla are cousins. :o

thereyougo

hops
Aug 11 2008, 07:44 PM
Jiggs
Mason
Weren't there posts about John and Sami being hawt? All it tells me is that John is the only plder male on the show that has chemistry with every woman he interacts with.
Bo, Tony and Steve only clicked with one woman and they don't appear to have general fans but their diehard fans. I think that's why the writers always attempt to pair John and Marlena with other people, because they know at least they'll get some fans with the pairing, while the other vets Bo,Hope,Steve,Kayla,Tony and Anna haven't managed to click with any other actor/actress.

Ellie

hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 03:27 PM
Anyway, this four doesn't have to be a romantic grouping; it'd be cool to see them as friends. And John needs to start hanging out with people his own age!
Friends is good! In the fall when John was hit by the car, Tony and Anna came to the hospital to offer help and support to Marlena, and I thought that worked very well. I think "good guy Tony" (as opposed to Andre) and John would do well to hang out together. Ditto Anna and Marlena - and what a flashback goldmine that could be!

On another note, was happy to see Deidre in actresses to watch. I'm looking forward to her performance this week, especially because Marlena knows exactly what's going to happen to her. Stefano was drugged, but he was taken by surprise. I can't even imagine the terror of someone in that situation, knowing that each second that ticks by is bringing her much closer to a lucid but completely paralyzed state. (I know there are diseases that unfortunately have the same effect in the much longer term.) What a difficult situation to have to convey on screen - but I have no doubt Deidre's performance will be mesmerizing.

Mason
Member Avatar

hops
Jiggs
Mason
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying John and Kayla should be paired romantically or anything. Lord no! I was just pointing out the actors' chemistry.

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 11 2008, 07:52 PM
hops
Jiggs
Mason
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying John and Kayla should be paired romantically or anything. Lord no! I was just pointing out the actors' chemistry.
What I think is happening, is that in the past few days there is some cohesiveness to the writing and there seems to be energy in the scenes and it is being reflected in the performances. I've really enjoyed it.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

It should be noted that "Ghosts turning into demons before urging pregnant women to jump into an ocean was on B&B :laugh:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply