Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings; OLTL rant/DAYS rave/Passion-itis alert
Topic Started: Aug 11 2008, 03:03 PM (3,930 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 01:54 AM
Mason
Aug 12 2008, 01:42 AM
Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 01:38 AM
Hogan save Days? :roflol:
He was well on his way to doing just that until fucking Corday started interfering. But I digress...
Hogan had a year to fix Days and all he did was give us a year of crap like Santeen and the vets reading letters and in comas. Oh and the ridiculous vendetta garbage.

Santeen was a hit.
Thanks Tom C! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Aug 12 2008, 11:44 AM
Jiggs
Mason
Aug 12 2008, 01:42 AM
Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 01:38 AM
Hogan save Days? :roflol:
He was well on his way to doing just that until fucking Corday started interfering. But I digress...
Hogan had a year to fix Days and all he did was give us a year of crap like Santeen and the vets reading letters and in comas. Oh and the ridiculous vendetta garbage.

Santeen was a hit.
Thanks Tom C! :)
I loved Santeen - granted they could have had the vets do something other than read the letters - but Santeen was great and I think would have been better received had the vets had their own storyline.

Mason
Member Avatar

Jiggs
And you can thank Corday for most of that.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 09:50 PM
It makes me want to pull my hair out, and sleep with women! LOL! Well, if KA looked like that pic Kenny has as an avatar, hello very happy to! LOL!
You crack me up, Nelson. :laugh:

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I may be wrong, but I believe that Allison said the reason she wanted to be pregnant on the show was because she felt sorry for the crew having to hide her pregnancy. At least I hope that is the only reason she has. Sami doesn't need another child and neither does Days right now.

sungrey

All I'm going to say is I will laugh like hell if Hogan raises the ratings on Y&R. Corday had a good thing going and he messed it up.

Hogan was respected by a lot of people on ATWT. Yes, he had his clunkers, but for the most part his plots were very well received.
Edited by sungrey, Aug 12 2008, 03:41 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

sungrey
Aug 12 2008, 03:39 PM
All I'm going to say is I will laugh like hell if Hogan raises the ratings on Y&R.
He already did! lol

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Truthfully, Hogan functions best with a strong co-HW -- a more traditional writer with attention to history and relationships and character to contrast (and compliment) Hogan's more plot oriented and creative storytelling. IMO, his strongest years at ATWT were when Carolyn Culliton was with him. Likewise, the last time GL was thoroughly entertaining on a consistant basis was when Culliton was co-HW with Millee Taggart. It does seem that Hogan and Maria Bell are turning into a good fit. Unfortunately, I don't think Hogan had a strong enough co-HW alongside him at Days and/or the fit wasn't right. (If I'm making any sense).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

hops
Aug 11 2008, 03:44 PM
jules
Aug 11 2008, 03:31 PM
hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I agree, but if i can suggest anything remotely realistic on this soap, well, you know, you have to lead the blind sometime. I'm just scraed Days may resort to more brain chips now that Stefano's back. Anyway, this four doesn't have to be a romantic grouping; it'd be cool to see them as friends. And John needs to start hanging out with people his own age!
I wouldn't mind all of them as friends, in fact, I'd love to see more of a Marlena and Anna friendship.
What a concept! Wouldn't that be something new? Just a friendship or better a rivalry. Or Tony and John are rivals and Marlena and Anna are friends.
I'm totally on board for that.

I didn't see any chemistry between John/Anna and Mony. But last week, and this week has totally rocked. :rockon:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I managed to catch Days today while it was on and my god -- Leann Hunley *owned* every single scene she was in. She went toe-to-toe with Moscolo today and, I swear, there were a few moments I was actually scared for Stefano. lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

thereyougo
Aug 11 2008, 07:50 PM
hops
Aug 11 2008, 07:44 PM
Jiggs
Aug 11 2008, 07:41 PM
Mason
Aug 11 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed a lot of chemistry between DH and MBE in that scene, LoL.
I'd pay to see DDH have chemistry with anyone these days. Robodick can't muster up chemistry with his cigars, much less another human being.
Not to mention John and Kayla are cousins. :o
Weren't there posts about John and Sami being hawt? All it tells me is that John is the only plder male on the show that has chemistry with every woman he interacts with.
Bo, Tony and Steve only clicked with one woman and they don't appear to have general fans but their diehard fans. I think that's why the writers always attempt to pair John and Marlena with other people, because they know at least they'll get some fans with the pairing, while the other vets Bo,Hope,Steve,Kayla,Tony and Anna haven't managed to click with any other actor/actress.
I disagree. Thaao had great chemistry with Philece Sempler and Lauren Koslow. I didn't think he had any chemistry with Eileen though, but they were never the rooting couple. JER wanted John/kristen all along.

I thought PR had chemistry with the various Billies. I never saw MBE with anyone other than SN. I don't remember SN and Hunter Tylo very much. KA hasn't been paired with many men. Leann has chemistry with Josh and Drake.

Go throw your tomatoes at me, I thought Jope had chemistry. I didn't want them together, but they did.

I think it's more of a case that these supercouples are truly unbreakable.

The DH's do have a lot of chemistry with other actors too. I loved John and Isabella. I loved Roman and Marlena. I think with J&M it's due to the fact too that they have been in successful couples without each other. I didn't see Marlena with Don Craig, but I guess they were popular too at the time.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Matt
Aug 12 2008, 08:31 PM
I managed to catch Days today while it was on and my god -- Leann Hunley *owned* every single scene she was in. She went toe-to-toe with Moscolo today and, I swear, there were a few moments I was actually scared for Stefano. lol
Joe M has been so funny all week. When he found out Tanna remarried he said something like, "omg, you keep doing the same mistakes over and over again." It was friggin hysterical.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

FanODays
Aug 12 2008, 05:58 AM
Kyrai
Aug 12 2008, 05:33 AM
hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 10:21 PM
Corduh LOL! Okay, why didn't I think of that. Yes, Love KA, but she does need to eat a hamburger.

Speculating... but I know for a fact AS doesn't want to hide her pregnancy. Discuss.
I'd love Sami to have another EJ baby.
I'm not in full agreement with Nelson. I think Days has been better but there are still parts of it that make me want to bang my head into the wall. The Stefano/Tony stuff absolutely rocked BUT Tony should have spit in Stefano's face when he tried to play the victim and talked about 'all that he's done for' Tony-yeah like dumping him on an island for decades.

While John can be a complete and utter asshole, I don't like how so many seem to think he has a choice in this matter and can just change how he feels.

Days would be stupid to make Sami pregnant just to make it easier on Sweeney and the wardrobe department. I find that just inapprppriate especially since there would be no purpose to it.
I think Tony is in a bit of a self preservation mode. He lets out his anger, but yet wants to stay on Stefano's good side, at least for Anna's sake.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 01:28 AM
ladyofthelake
Aug 11 2008, 09:00 PM
Jiggs
Aug 11 2008, 07:41 PM
Mason
Aug 11 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed a lot of chemistry between DH and MBE in that scene, LoL.
I'd pay to see DDH have chemistry with anyone these days. Robodick can't muster up chemistry with his cigars, much less another human being.
Well, there goes a John and Marlena reunion, then! :D A "robotic non-emoter" and a paralyzed woman with an oxygen problem. Ah, well. There's always the 80's......................
I still find it SOOOOO funny how far Dra....er, John has fallen out of favor when he's not salivating over Marlena.......Just WHY would you want the actor, er, character back with your favorite if he's so horrible?????????? Does not compute.............does not compute..................
Posted Image
At least some of us find him damn entertaining.
When does school start? I love the sound of kids running up the street to the bus.
Wow. You must have had a rough childhood since you have such a problem with posters who are teachers.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 12 2008, 12:04 PM
Jiggs
And you can thank Corday for most of that.
Corday is a given. He never does anything right.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Aug 12 2008, 10:08 AM
squee
Aug 11 2008, 10:35 PM
hunterforrester
Speculating... but I know for a fact AS doesn't want to hide her pregnancy. Discuss.
Great! Then tell her to write herself out for 6 months! :laugh:

Or better yet, even longer :cheer:
Spooky, Ellie-- I was thinking same.

WTF was Sami's overprocessed hair and her handsome, semi-mute, semi-beau doing in MarJohn's situation? WTF?

And btw, how did RoboD know Blondie poisoned Phoenix? What did I fast forward or boycott on that? And how is it that I wrote that sentence and felt it made sense?

And even though I HADDA cheer when Sween was all pro Mar-RoboD, sympathetic to Dick-socket's-whole-challenged situ-- like dare me say she was 'foreshadowing' what is to come...

It still pissed me off that she was there. Sween is always THERE. And now Sami is the voice of conscience for the show. Dante-- what circle is this?

Now when MBE went all foreshadow/whaddup with you, Robo? I was ok on that. Why? Not sure. I'm not a Payla addict. And, I don't even like baked goods.

But will you Royal folk all please stop with the Drake and anything including an airvent chemistry? Kayla? Anna? Hope? Kate? Cigars? Steph? Did someone mention a chemistry with Rolf? Or, the nurse who was trying to figure out the set so she could give Mar some oxygen? Maybe someone will suggest there should be a triangle with a nasal canula next?

Give us the smallest break? That is not located off-screen in Colorado, OK?

PS-- can you imagine the autism, Stax, Chan, Morgraine, Clue-cas yada taking anything like center stage after this? I mean I can, only becuase the writing room has some severe, distressing idiots employed...
But, damn, I hope someone in the genius sanctum tracks the nums. Fat chance.
LOL You're funny! :thumbsup:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 12 2008, 11:17 AM
Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 01:45 AM
squee
Aug 11 2008, 10:35 PM
hunterforrester
Great! Then tell her to write herself out for 6 months! :laugh:

Or better yet, even longer :cheer:
How about forever?
Yes please :rockon: :wave:
If only I had the power!!! :hypnotize:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Aug 12 2008, 11:21 AM
Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 01:40 AM
Kenny
Aug 11 2008, 09:59 PM
hunterforrester
Aug 11 2008, 09:50 PM
In four weeks, Dena is back writing! I have to say I didn't think Ed and company could be this good. Damn! But who knows? Dena knows how to save face for a short while. Just retire already! This show could be SOOOOO good, I don't get why it's so hard to maximize its potential. And it has the best fans ever. It makes me want to pull my hair out, and sleep with women! LOL! Well, if KA looked like that pic Kenny has as an avatar, hello very happy to! LOL!
Isn't that a gorgeous picture! Seriously, it's flawless.

Meanwhile... the stuff we're seeing right now is Ed Scott? Fuck me with a rusty razor! I don't approve of his tactics, but one can't deny the sharp rise in quality that the show has seen over the last handful of episodes. I guess this means we shouldn't get our hopes too high, because as usual, they're going to be dashed in record time. September's gonna blow. :( With any luck, the WGA investigation of Higley will be over soon and her ass will be out the door. Then what, though? Really.. then what? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Oh, and everyone pay attention to see which "diva" gets alot of airtime over the next four weeks!
Well, I kept asking myself today... why is Sami there? Why is Sami there too? Why am I being forced to look at Sami's chest for an hour today?
Lol, I was thinking the same thing yesterday, her cleavage, her shrieking, and her fake crying were everywhere :(
I had nightmares! :run:

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Nelson has such a love/hate relationship with OLTL--his feelings were hurt when he wasn't invited to some OLTL shingding and he took his anger out by trashing OLTL some time ago.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Yes, because I am that black and white! LOL! I don't think Mendorra was a stretch to rant about (and I actually waited forever to write about it because thought Ron could turn it around, but I was wrong). Or Tina Roberts' return. In fact, every critic has been trashing OLTL lately. I do have a love and hate affair right now with the show. Hate most of it except for 1968, but I'm waiting to see it play out before reviewing the story. So far, it's a great brain teaser. And I also praised OLTL during the anniversary in my column and DC's anniversary podcast. Moreover, I bashed OLTL in May for the BE takeover and Dorian DiMera long before invites were sent out. I live in Canada, so I get why they thought I couldn't come.
Edited by hunterforrester, Aug 13 2008, 03:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply