Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 8/25 **UPDATED 8/19**
Topic Started: Aug 12 2008, 02:51 PM (9,414 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Aug 12 2008, 03:29 PM
I know this detail has slipped some people's minds,but John is Marlena's HUSBAND,in or out of good mind, so Roman has no say whatsoever to where Marlena recooperates,butt out.
When is that piece of dried up wood going to die?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

We don't know that Stefano won't be on this week, he's going to be in hiding..so we might still see him underground..

angelatil
Member Avatar

I don't really mind the stories. I am glad for the reveal that week for Chelsea. I like Daniel and Chelsea together and I only hope that Lexie will be able to patch things up for them. I really do hope that Dena and Days will keep Daniel and Chelsea together!

e83talus
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 06:23 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
I know this detail has slipped some people's minds,but John is Marlena's HUSBAND,in or out of good mind, so Roman has no say whatsoever to where Marlena recooperates,butt out.
Roman has to go!

Jiggs, Your avatar's are killing me. ROTFLMAO! :lol:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 12 2008, 05:19 PM

There is no such thing as the perfect show. There is always going to be something that bugs someone or is boring to someone. This is only one week after the big Olympics stuff. If we start to see them stray more and more from using the vets and if stories stagnate again like they did in late May/early June, then I will be right there complaining along with the others but, with the show on the roll it's on and even after seeing these spoilers, I don't see a reason to get upset...yet.
You are right there is no such thing as a perfect show, and not everyone is going to like everything. I will tune in when it sounds like there is some good J&M interaction, but even when they were in big stories in the 90s, I still fast forwarded through stuff I didn't like and didn't bother to watch days they weren't on.

While I think Stefano's return has been a little anti-climatic and boring, it seems to be setting some good stuff in motion finally.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

e83talus
Aug 12 2008, 06:31 PM
Jiggs
Aug 12 2008, 06:23 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Roman has to go!

Jiggs, Your avatar's are killing me. ROTFLMAO! :lol:
Thanks! The Donald is quite handsome, no? :drunk:

That's never going to happen. The final scene of the last Days episode with be a shot of Josh Taylor.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Aug 12 2008, 06:06 PM

My post wasn't necessarily about you. I noticed you didn't find much enjoyment in the Stax/Melanie stuff even last week.

I was speaking, as usual, in general, because I don't like calling people out. I will say I was not alluding to you in my post. I guess the only thing to do is to just see what happens. People weren't so into the Bope vow renewal and that surprised some people so who knows. Some may be surprised to see how this week plays out. I hope so. I think it looks good but that's nothing new LOL.
I understood what you were saying Phoenix and I agree with it.

The show has gotten better and that's BEFORE this week happened as it's really improved these last two weeks. What I worry on is by sort of placing everything on hold for 2 weeks, trying to pick up where they left off, the might have lost the actual good momentum they had with the other stories. Stax was getting better (though probably more due to Melanie's arrival and sometime Nick showing up) while we all mostly agree Chan is going to disintegrate on the realization of granny sex. (If it doesn't, then you might as well say say goodbye to whatever likability we had on the Chelsea character if she puts aside her dignity and agrees to date a grannyfucker.)

Anyway, as long as we continue this trend, I'm going to keep up my optimism and pray the show continues to get better. I have no idea in what people are reading in these spoilers that make them believe "the crapfest" returns other than it mentions Stax and Chan. We knew they were coming back so I'm not sure what the shock over it is.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Aug 12 2008, 06:24 PM
We don't know that Stefano won't be on this week, he's going to be in hiding..so we might still see him underground..
Exactly. These spoilers don't mention everything.

By the way, I've said this before but I will again because I love it, I'm so happy that they have Stefano going underground. He's a characters that thrives on his mystique and part of that is lurking in the shadows, surprising his enemies when he strikes. I hate it when he is living in Salem as a normal citizen. That's dumb as hell and makes him an entirely different character IMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Aug 12 2008, 06:42 PM
PhoenixRising05

My post wasn't necessarily about you. I noticed you didn't find much enjoyment in the Stax/Melanie stuff even last week.

I was speaking, as usual, in general, because I don't like calling people out. I will say I was not alluding to you in my post. I guess the only thing to do is to just see what happens. People weren't so into the Bope vow renewal and that surprised some people so who knows. Some may be surprised to see how this week plays out. I hope so. I think it looks good but that's nothing new LOL.

The show has gotten better and that's BEFORE this week happened as it's really improved these last two weeks. What I worry on is by sort of placing everything on hold for 2 weeks, trying to pick up where they left off, the might have lost the actual good momentum they had with the other stories. Stax was getting better (though probably more due to Melanie's arrival and sometime Nick showing up) while we all mostly agree Chan is going to disintegrate on the realization of granny sex. (If it doesn't, then you might as well say say goodbye to whatever likability we had on the Chelsea character if she puts aside her dignity and agrees to date a grannyfucker.)

Anyway, as long as we continue this trend, I'm going to keep up my optimism and pray the show continues to get better. I have no idea in what people are reading in these spoilers that make them believe "the crapfest" returns other than it mentions Stax and Chan. We knew they were coming back so I'm not sure what the shock over it is.

I agree. That is quite worrisome but the good thing is they kind of left the stories with mini-cliffhangers. Max and Stephanie were stuck in hail, Nick was on his way, Bo was arrested, Philip told Morgan the truth, etc. That will at least set the stage for more movement once the stories return.

I know I was a bit harsh but it just bugs me because the show was getting much better and the stories were picking up even before Bope's vow renewal and Stefano waking up. The last week of July was very solid. I think alot of people are just getting caught up in all the excitement of having the Bope event and now this Stefano event and Nicole's fantasy. It's just like the plane crash. We got some pretty good material with Bo and Hope and his illness but it didn't get as much credit because the show wasn't as exciting as January and February. In all fairness, most things will seem boring when the dust settles and the events are over. It's just like what happened on OLTL. I got alot of people hooked on the show in May and June but after Nash died, they bolted. Why? Because the action was over. They turned in for Rex and Adriana's wedding and for Nash's fall and death and after that found everything else boring. They didn't care to see the fallout. I blame the event-driven writing of the past ten years for this and, sadly, events are the only things that equal ratings now. Solid writing certainly doesn't. Someone has to get shot, killed, or blown up for a show to see any movement. I wish that wasn't the case but it is and some fans (not many here on the DR) just want to see the action and event. They could care less about the little things like character interaction or family and traditions...the stuff that made soaps what they were.

Anyway, the show has been steadily getting better since Mid-June and it really got going the toward the end of July and now I think it's just exploded. I'm optimistic it will continue because it's not like Ed Scott's work was the only material showing movement. Higley's stuff at the end of July seemed to as well. We'll see but I don't think we should panic yet.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Aug 12 2008, 06:56 PM
Tripp
PhoenixRising05

I agree. That is quite worrisome but the good thing is they kind of left the stories with mini-cliffhangers. Max and Stephanie were stuck in hail, Nick was on his way, Bo was arrested, Philip told Morgan the truth, etc. That will at least set the stage for more movement once the stories return.

I know I was a bit harsh but it just bugs me because the show was getting much better and the stories were picking up even before Bope's vow renewal and Stefano waking up. The last week of July was very solid. I think alot of people are just getting caught up in all the excitement of having the Bope event and now this Stefano event and Nicole's fantasy. It's just like the plane crash. We got some pretty good material with Bo and Hope and his illness but it didn't get as much credit because the show wasn't as exciting as January and February. In all fairness, most things will seem boring when the dust settles and the events are over. It's just like what happened on OLTL. I got alot of people hooked on the show in May and June but after Nash died, they bolted. Why? Because the action was over. They turned in for Rex and Adriana's wedding and for Nash's fall and death and after that found everything else boring. They didn't care to see the fallout. I blame the event-driven writing of the past ten years for this and, sadly, events are the only things that equal ratings now. Solid writing certainly doesn't. Someone has to get shot, killed, or blown up for a show to see any movement. I wish that wasn't the case but it is and some fans (not many here on the DR) just want to see the action and event. They could care less about the little things like character interaction or family and traditions...the stuff that made soaps what they were.

Anyway, the show has been steadily getting better since Mid-June and it really got going the toward the end of July and now I think it's just exploded. I'm optimistic it will continue because it's not like Ed Scott's work was the only material showing movement. Higley's stuff at the end of July seemed to as well. We'll see but I don't think we should panic yet.

I guess you can call it "Fair-weather" viewing. I dislike that as much as someone being a "Fair-weather fan", loving a character ONLY when the character (or actor) tows the "fan line", and bashing the same character/actor when the fan disagrees. And, I don't mean disagreeing with the actions. Shoot, I've disagreed with many of my favorite's actions. But I don't vacilliate back and forth on a whim. I mean, when, say, a male character is WONDERFUL if he's with a certain woman, but is a bastard, prick, whatever when he's not. Not to mention, going out of my way to bash said character all OVER the place, ad naseum. But, go kiss up to the woman, and all's forgiven. Gotta drink the Kool-aid and tow the party line and swim off with the rest of the little lemmings, after all! Heck with being an individual thinker....sorry, off on my tangent (and no, no pain meds!! I'm off of them, so I have no excuses anymore, LOL)
But, I think event-driven is the wave of the future. I think it's why reality shows are so popular. I think Ellen Wheeler was right....reality shows are probably not only hurting soaps, but hurting a lot of shows in general.
Oh, well............
Everyone have a nice evening. Too much physical therapy and getting ready for school today. I'm beat....HOW do you youngsters manage to stay up so late? LOL

Treasure_7

I really love the Daniel and Chelsea storyline and am hoping to see this couple move on from the obstacle that is looming over them. I really believe they are going to become a strong couple, they already are a super couple for a fan base that is growing every day. I hope that the old John returns to his right mind and him and Marlena get to have some lasting happiness that they are intitled too. Everday life can be very challenging, so they could still have a great storyline just being happy after a lot of years of drama!

haydeertz
Member Avatar

Its about time Chelsea finds out. Its horrible that Days has made Chelsea go through this again but Im glad she is finding out so this ridiculous s/l can be stopped and Daniel and Chelsea can move on cuz right now Im like 2 shows away from watching Days ever again. Its just repulsive they would use Kate in that manner. To think Chelsea and Kate had a nice relationship and now they went and ruined it.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

I am disappointed in these spoilers. John and Marlena sound OK, but other than that? I don't care about what is listed. At least it looks like we get some good stuff the next couple of weeks.

CatherineEarnshaw

ladyofthelake
Aug 12 2008, 07:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 12 2008, 06:56 PM
Tripp
PhoenixRising05

I guess you can call it "Fair-weather" viewing. I dislike that as much as someone being a "Fair-weather fan", loving a character ONLY when the character (or actor) tows the "fan line", and bashing the same character/actor when the fan disagrees. And, I don't mean disagreeing with the actions. Shoot, I've disagreed with many of my favorite's actions. But I don't vacilliate back and forth on a whim. I mean, when, say, a male character is WONDERFUL if he's with a certain woman, but is a bastard, prick, whatever when he's not. Not to mention, going out of my way to bash said character all OVER the place, ad naseum. But, go kiss up to the woman, and all's forgiven. Gotta drink the Kool-aid and tow the party line and swim off with the rest of the little lemmings, after all! Heck with being an individual thinker....sorry, off on my tangent (and no, no pain meds!! I'm off of them, so I have no excuses anymore, LOL)
But, I think event-driven is the wave of the future. I think it's why reality shows are so popular. I think Ellen Wheeler was right....reality shows are probably not only hurting soaps, but hurting a lot of shows in general.
Oh, well............
Everyone have a nice evening. Too much physical therapy and getting ready for school today. I'm beat....HOW do you youngsters manage to stay up so late? LOL
If "drinking the kool aid" means that I or other fans want character driven stories, then I plead guilty to that. I want the show to be good and I am not willing to settle for crap. Some are. Enjoy your night, Get some rest.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Aug 12 2008, 07:09 PM
Oh, well............
:hail:

thereyougo

Shakabigfoot
Aug 12 2008, 07:31 PM
I am disappointed in these spoilers. John and Marlena sound OK, but other than that? I don't care about what is listed. At least it looks like we get some good stuff the next couple of weeks.
I agree, the J/M stuff sounds good, but the other sounds like more of the same boring stuff that was tanking the ratings. I hope the new writer is working to get rid of Stax/Melanie and end the grandma/granddaughter/man triangle.

andromeda

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 12 2008, 07:38 PM
If "drinking the kool aid" means that I or other fans want character driven stories, then I plead guilty to that. I want the show to be good and I am not willing to settle for crap. Some are. Enjoy your night, Get some rest.

hops
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 12 2008, 07:38 PM

ges
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 12 2008, 03:10 PM
Looks like we're back to the same old crap. It was nice while it lasted.

I do like Tony and Anna moving into the DiMansion, but absolutely nothing else interests me in these spoilers.
I'm afraid I have to totally agree with these sentiments.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

Oh ya, like that we will be seeing Tony and Anna as well.

I guess I can say I am not stoked on the Stax/Mel/Chelsea/Kate/Dan stuff.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply