Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 8/25 **UPDATED 8/19**
Topic Started: Aug 12 2008, 02:51 PM (9,589 Views)
JustJo
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 13 2008, 11:25 PM
Jinxie
Aug 13 2008, 10:48 PM
He is very dull, uses the same tone of voice, and has little character. But those are just my views on him.
No they're not. :cheers:
Right there with ya' on Roman! Boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrring! :blah:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

JustJo
Aug 13 2008, 11:35 PM
Ellie
Jinxie
He is very dull, uses the same tone of voice, and has little character. But those are just my views on him.
lol! By the way, these are my comments on JT... Wayne's Roman had none of these issues. (Because, Wayne can act.)

JustJo
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 13 2008, 11:55 PM
JustJo
Aug 13 2008, 11:35 PM
Ellie
Jinxie
lol! By the way, these are my comments on JT... Wayne's Roman had none of these issues. (Because, Wayne can act.)
Oh, absolutely! Wayne's Roman was a completely different story. :wub2:

Mason

Roman is about as interesting as watching paint dry - and even then I'd have to give the edge to the paint.

Ellie

JustJo
Aug 13 2008, 11:57 PM
Oh, absolutely! Wayne's Roman was a completely different story. :wub2:
Haha good smiley.

And Mason, I agree, the paint wins that one.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wayne's Roman was such a different Roman. He just fit the part and was everything the character should be. You never even had to hear a word out of his mouth. He just was Roman Brady.

I like Josh. I really do. He's just not Roman. In his over ten years as Roman, there has only been one time I felt he was Roman and it was last Fall at Stefano's fake funeral where he kind of threw his voice and sounded like Wayne when discussing how he felt the feud started with his screwing with Stefano's criminal operations. He actually felt like Roman there. He had a presence in that scene that I had not seen from him ever as Roman and that was the only time I ever saw it.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 14 2008, 12:17 AM.

zyona

i am looking forward to see chelsea and daniel, so after this obstacle they can move on an start new because they deserve a chance. i do blame kate because she knew chelsea's feeling from the get go and she even encourged her to go after him, and now she turned around take advantage of him while he was drunk, hello does it seems like a grandmother who care about her grandaughter happiness? i don't think so

daisysmommy

Ellie
Aug 13 2008, 10:23 PM
daisysmommy
Aug 13 2008, 08:54 PM
I rarely feel my age, and I think this might be YouTube induced, but didn't RoboJohn try to get away and wind up in a car crash w Mar???????? MAny moons ago?????????????

Maybe I am just Youtube-Ambien-ized.

Not sure.

But Imma thinking there was a moment where there was a car crash and some J&M love/no love yada. Anyone"?????????????? I know its 20 yrs, I don't remember about my own stuff, much less theirs so swell, but at least what I recall woulda been romantic on VHS. Not pos, but fairly certain....

Someone please advise if ya get a sec
LOL nope, just plane crashes. Though you might be thinking of an interview that Deidre did where she said that if the show were to end, she'd like a "Thelma and Louise" ending, rather than their just fading away. :smile:
Yup-- there was a car crash after Mar saw the tattoo, and took the keys and ran away from the cabin-- she and John went into a ditch and when they came out of it, she was all starry for a second then got out and tried to run.

Oh how can i remember this and not to pick up dry cleaning after work sometimes?

Ellie

daisysmommy
Aug 14 2008, 08:46 AM
Ellie
Aug 13 2008, 10:23 PM
daisysmommy
Aug 13 2008, 08:54 PM
I rarely feel my age, and I think this might be YouTube induced, but didn't RoboJohn try to get away and wind up in a car crash w Mar???????? MAny moons ago?????????????

Maybe I am just Youtube-Ambien-ized.

Not sure.

But Imma thinking there was a moment where there was a car crash and some J&M love/no love yada. Anyone"?????????????? I know its 20 yrs, I don't remember about my own stuff, much less theirs so swell, but at least what I recall woulda been romantic on VHS. Not pos, but fairly certain....

Someone please advise if ya get a sec
LOL nope, just plane crashes. Though you might be thinking of an interview that Deidre did where she said that if the show were to end, she'd like a "Thelma and Louise" ending, rather than their just fading away. :smile:
Yup-- there was a car crash after Mar saw the tattoo, and took the keys and ran away from the cabin-- she and John went into a ditch and when they came out of it, she was all starry for a second then got out and tried to run.

Oh how can i remember this and not to pick up dry cleaning after work sometimes?
Yep, keep reading, Jiggs got it. Wish I'd remembered that - more interesting than remembering my dry cleaning, lol!

brimike

PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 12:16 AM
Wayne's Roman was such a different Roman. He just fit the part and was everything the character should be. You never even had to hear a word out of his mouth. He just was Roman Brady.

I like Josh. I really do. He's just not Roman. In his over ten years as Roman, there has only been one time I felt he was Roman and it was last Fall at Stefano's fake funeral where he kind of threw his voice and sounded like Wayne when discussing how he felt the feud started with his screwing with Stefano's criminal operations. He actually felt like Roman there. He had a presence in that scene that I had not seen from him ever as Roman and that was the only time I ever saw it.
I agree, PR - but honestly, during that whole scene, all I kept thinking was: "My God, how amazing would this be if Northrop was saying it, with the gun to Stefano's sedated head?!" Northrup would have taken that speech and turned it into an Emmy moment.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

I'm glad I am getting some Dansea story - even if the bitch Kate has got her long crooked nose in it. Plus Lexie doesn't need to be involved in anyone else's life - she has enough on her plate. Soap opera's do so much to spread the immature notion that woman have to have men - that men can't keep it in their pants and that off-beat is bad some how. I love Days because it used to rise above all that bigoted crap. I hope it can do so again.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

zyona
Aug 14 2008, 06:03 AM
i am looking forward to see chelsea and daniel, so after this obstacle they can move on an start new because they deserve a chance. i do blame kate because she knew chelsea's feeling from the get go and she even encourged her to go after him, and now she turned around take advantage of him while he was drunk, hello does it seems like a grandmother who care about her grandaughter happiness? i don't think so
What about Daniel? Daniel is just as guilty as Kate is.

Mason

darraholic
Aug 14 2008, 02:50 PM
zyona
Aug 14 2008, 06:03 AM
What about Daniel? Daniel is just as guilty as Kate is.
What? St. Daniel? Guilty?! :OhMy:

Never!

[/sarcasm]
Edited by Mason, Aug 14 2008, 03:10 PM.

pagraves
Member Avatar

In Kate's defense, Chelsea insisted each time the subject came up that she was with Nick and not interested in Daniel. I can't see that Kate did anything wrong. Daniel, on the other hand, knew that he and Chelsea had been snogging and still went through with the affair. And I do think it was more than once, which suggests Daniel wasn't some poor drunk being taken advantage of but a willing participant.

I vote for Chelsea not needing a man for a while and concentrating on her studies.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

pagraves
Aug 14 2008, 03:12 PM

I vote for Chelsea not needing a man for a while and concentrating on her studies.
I second that idea!

And yes, Daniel is way more culpable in this than Kate who can't be responsible for knowing what happens when she isn't present.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
Aug 14 2008, 02:47 PM
Soap opera's do so much to spread the immature notion that woman have to have men - that men can't keep it in their pants and that off-beat is bad some how. I love Days because it used to rise above all that bigoted crap. I hope it can do so again.
Wow, that's funny. I agree that it's an immature notion, which is why it doesn't surprise me that it's one Chelsea and Daniel possess. Has Chelsea ever even been single? If she takes Daniel back after learning about his relationship with Kate, it's just going to prove that she can't be a strong independant woman and stand on her own. Chelsea will stay that needy child she is right now, a needy child who needs her Daddy figure. The only way I see her getting her act together is getting the hell away from Daniel.

LOL, Daniel is no St. Celibacy. With all these "relationships" and "friendships" he has with Kate, Lexie, AND soon Nicole, I kinda find it hard to believe that he's committed to Chelsea and can keep it in his swim shorts. Has this man ever heard of male friends? He's a freaking skirt chaser.

Oh, and what exactly are you referring to as being off-beat yet appealing about Chan? The doctor/patient meeting, the father/daughter-esque vibe, the grandma fucking, the hero status of Daniel that Chelsea sees, or the complete asinine immaturity of both characters? Just wondering.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 14 2008, 12:02 AM
Roman is about as interesting as watching paint dry - and even then I'd have to give the edge to the paint.
yes, paint drying is much more interesting and attractive than Roman. I hate even calling him that because he will never be Roman. Not to mention he looks older than the woman that is suppose to be his mother.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

pagraves
Aug 14 2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, please don't turn Chelsea into another Sami. :shame:

suzipawhuska
Member Avatar

I disagree with Waynes' Roman. I just didn't like him as Roman, plain and simply. Thats my opinion. Sorry. I remember Josh as Chris K. {can't spell last name} and at first I didn't like him playing Roman;but when they had the storyline of All dead Salemites on that island, new salem, I got to see how good he and Marlena were together. That hooked me as far as a Roman and Marlena ending. I preferred John and Kate together, too. I thought they made a GREAT couple! Lots of passion there! And at the time I didn't even like the character of Kate!! {She grew on me, tho}

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Aug 14 2008, 02:25 PM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 14 2008, 12:16 AM

I agree, PR - but honestly, during that whole scene, all I kept thinking was: "My God, how amazing would this be if Northrop was saying it, with the gun to Stefano's sedated head?!" Northrup would have taken that speech and turned it into an Emmy moment.
Oh, no doubt. I think he was a very underrated actor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply