Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman to Appear on BWR!; August 19, 2008 at 10 PM EST(Carolyn Hinsey Discussion)
Topic Started: Aug 13 2008, 01:10 AM (461 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Posted Image

Michael Fairman, who was the former EP of SoapCity, is appearing on BuzzWorthy Radio to talk about the soap genre, as well as what EVERYONE is talking about, Carolyn Hinsey and Dena Higley!

One of the leading experts in the field of daytime drama, Michael has had over seventeen years experience in the medium. Michael has been an innovator in the field new concepts for the soap opera genre.

He was a pioneer in online new media as creator and executive producer of SoapCity.com for Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment. SoapCity.com. was the first site of its kind for the soap genre. It featured web casts, chats, event coverage, news and updates on all major network soaps operas. The site housed official show sites of "The Young and the Restless", "Days of our Lives", "As the World Turns" and "Guiding Light". Michael has been a producer and writer for several soap oriented series and projects ranging from, E! Entertainment Television's daily live soap-talk show, "Pure Soap” to SOAPnet’s “Soap Center”, to producer for over seven Daytime Emmy, Soap Digest , and Soap Update award shows, for Dick Clark Productions, ABC and Lifetime Television Networks.

Michael has also been a writer/producer in the on-air promotions department for ABC Daytime and SOAPnet, creating numerous spots for various soaps and image campaigns.

As a journalist, presently, Michael has been a contributing feature correspondent for TV SOAP Australia covering the world of daytime in the US for the Australian market. For the past five years, Michael’s feature interviews with the top stars of the genre have become a mainstay for this fortnightly publication. As well, Michael’s syndicated columns have appeared on many US TV and Radio web sites. He has also been contributing feature writer/reporter for TV Guide Online, In-Touch Weekly, and other online and publication platforms with his unique special event coverage and features.

Michael has been an on-air host, talk show guest, and radio performer being seen and heard in different markets throughout the United States. Currently Michael appears as a recurring guest on “The Frank DeCaro Show” on Sirius Satellite Radio. He also continues to report on-air as "The Super Soap Sleuth" each month on the popular “Northwest Afternoon” on ABC Affiliate KOMO-TV in Seattle, Washington. Michael’s "Soap Dish" weekend radio segment was popular on KFI-Los Angeles, "The Karel Show”. Michael is currently launching “Soap Dish Radio” the first radio talk show that honors and features the daytime genre.

His other credits have included; producer and writer for the WWE, ABC/Disney Cable Networks, and Beantown Productions. Additionally, Michael has been the Communications Director for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Manager of Publicity for MCA Records.

In the past, Michael has produced many celebrity high-profile fundraisers for; Outfest, The Humane Society of New York City, AMFAR, Para Los Ninos, and Northern Lights Alternatives to name a few. Back at the height of the AIDS epidemic, Michael was the first to initiate the annual AIDS Fundraiser the night before the Daytime Emmys in New York City entitled “Night of the Daytime Stars”. The event featured performers from daytime game shows, talk shows, and soaps in a variety talent show to support the cause.

Michael currently resides in Los Angeles, California.

You can find his new website that he recently launched at http://www.michaelfairmansoaps.com/

Look for Michael Fairman to Appear on BWR August 19, 2008 at 10 PM EST.
Edited by NavJLee8785, Aug 13 2008, 01:18 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ljacks13
Member Avatar

Awesome, I will definitely tune in.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Helloooooo, Daddy! Hot as fuck *and* a soap expert? Where the hell do I apply to get with *that*? *drool*

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 13 2008, 09:02 AM
Helloooooo, Daddy! Hot as fuck *and* a soap expert? Where the hell do I apply to get with *that*? *drool*
LOL...and THERE was the response I was expecting to hit this thread. Thanks for keeping it real, Matt. Hah, maybe you could use the other pic he sent me.
Edited by NavJLee8785, Aug 13 2008, 09:33 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

NavJLee8785
Aug 13 2008, 09:32 AM
Matt
Aug 13 2008, 09:02 AM
LOL...and THERE was the response I was expecting to hit this thread. Thanks for keeping it real, Matt. Hah, maybe you could use the other pic he sent me.
What other pic? What are you holding out on us? *taps foot vigerously*

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

It's nothing to get excited about! LOL

Posted Image
Edited by NavJLee8785, Aug 13 2008, 09:41 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh, don't worry. I've already been to his site and looked at all of his pics. :D

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

I forgot who I was speaking to...of course you have LOL

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Tonight, Michael Fairman will be joining us on BuzzWorthy Radio to discuss everything that is going on in the soap world. You want to speak about Carolyn Hinsey? No Problem...we will talk about it! Dena Higley? Sure! Josh Griffith? Ed Scott? Saddle up, we will dish it out amongst the masses!

Tune in tonight at 10 PM EST to BWR with special guest, Michael Fairman!
Edited by NavJLee8785, Aug 19 2008, 08:09 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I am sooooooo there! :wub2:

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/buzzworthyradio/2008/08/20/BuzzWorthy-Radio-Michael-Fairman

Chat is now open
Call-In: 646-595-4228

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Enjoyed the show and hope for more like this. Downright interesting. Thanks guys another great show.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Let's ask him if his site will be FAIR and not turn off soap fans by giving us just the Obama message.
Quote Post Goto Top

Gregorzick

Good Show. :thumbsup:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply