Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Ali Sweeney Interivew
Topic Started: Aug 13 2008, 10:19 AM (1,985 Views)
Ponz
Member Avatar

By Michael Fairman

TV SOAP:

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your new baby girl! Are you excited for your husband Dave, and son Ben, to welcome another member into the family mix?

ALISON:

Thanks! Dave, Ben and I are THRILLED to be welcoming a baby girl into our family. Itís so exciting.

TV SOAP:

We read in online reports that you were wearing pink when you found out you were having a girl. Is that report true?

ALISON:

Technically, I was wearing a hospital gown when I found out it was a girl, but I was wearing a pink dress when I told people about itÖ though that was really sort of a coincidence.

TV SOAP:

It certainly seems life is imitating art. You have two children as Sami and soon to be two in your real life. With your work schedule, are you prepared for the challenges of raising two kids while being front and center on ďDAYSĒ? Will the show allow you some down time or at least a maternity leave?

ALISON:

Actually, Sami has 3 children- letís not forget Will! I donít know how or if they are going to incorporate my pregnancy into the story.

TV SOAP:

Will Sami have to be hiding behind plants during tapings?

ALISON:

Last time, I carried big bags and heavy coats.

TV SOAP:

Since you are so prominent in story month after month, is that exciting for you? The show and the fans value you very much as a treasured member of the cast!

ALISON:

Itís definitely flattering. I appreciate the show and the fans every day.

TV SOAP:

What did you think when Sami caught EJ and Nicole in an elevator half-naked? And then the other man in her life, Lucas, had just been with Chloe in an elevator !

ALISON:

Those scenes were crazy- such a weird set of circumstances that have set off a whole new direction in the story!

TV SOAP:

What are Samiís feelings at this point for Chloe and Nicole?

ALISON:

Sami has never really had female ďfriendsĒ so I suppose she is not surprised to be backstabbed by Chloe and Nicole.

TV SOAP:

Who do you think is Samiís true love? Lucas? EJ?

ALISON:

I suppose this is a very controversial question. I personally think Sami and Lucas truly love each other, but obviously a lot has gone on between them that has pushed them apart. Right now, they are writing Sami more focusing on EJ. Itís always fun to work with James Scott (EJ). He is enchanting

TV SOAP:

What have you thought of the storyline direction and dynamic between the ďnewĒ John Black and Samiís concern for her mother, Marlena?

ALISON:

I love the new relationship between Sami and John. Itís so interesting to play out their new dynamic, and how John can be so unexpectedly supportive, but also very objective.

TV SOAP:

What would you ultimately like to see happen to Sami that perhaps you have never had the opportunity to play? Or if you could resolve her love life and baby issues what would they be?

ALISON:

16 years later, I think Sami had been through a lot of crazy stuff, to say the least. I would love to see her in new and different scenes. As I said before, sheís never really had female friends, aside from a few brief sisterly scenes with Belle. Iíd also love to see Sami focus on a career and stop being so dependent on others.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/article/articleItem.cfm?cms_article_id=24
Edited by Ponz, Aug 13 2008, 10:20 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing Ponz .... that is a nice little interview!

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Interesting interview. thanks for posting it. LOL at the interviewer not remembering Will. Glad Alison brought him up to speed. Poor Will...out of sight out of mind. TPTB need to bring Will home.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm sure Will will return once DAYS does another teen scene.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ Will should NEVER return!! Unless he returns as the cute 3 year old he once was, otherwise, he needs to stay away!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

UGH, I hope to never see WIll again...Good interview!

Jamie*C*
Member Avatar

I'm surprised Ali thinks Sami and Lucas truly love each other when they're so horrible to each other and Lucas never has anything nice to say about Sami. Ejami fan or not....Lumi for me has never been a love story. I remember being slightly happy for Sami when she finally got her wedding with Lucas, but it was short lived. When he told Sami that Carrie was his one true love and then changed his mind after Carrie cheated on him and Sami was happy with EJ. That ruined any chance of me liking Lumi ever again. I just can't wrap my brain around the appeal of that horrible couple!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks!

pixsy9

It sounds really promising when Ali says that they are writing about her being more focued on Ej right now.....I'm getting very excited!!!!!

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. Nice interview. Glad to hear we are heading towards EJAMI scenes. :wub2:

Will? Heck no! That kid needs to stay where he is. Please don't bring that character back! :puke:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ponz
Aug 13 2008, 10:19 AM
"I donít know how or if they are I am going to incorporate my pregnancy into the story."

"Right now, they are I am writing Sami more focusing on EJ. Itís always fun to work with James Scott (EJ). He is enchanting."
Fixed! :P

peaches179

Kenny
Aug 13 2008, 04:48 PM
Ponz
"I donít know how or if they are I am going to incorporate my pregnancy into the story."

"Right now, they are I am writing Sami more focusing on EJ. Itís always fun to work with James Scott (EJ). He is enchanting."

LOL!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 13 2008, 04:48 PM
Ponz

I love it, Kenny! You are so right!

Thanks for posting, Ponz!
I just don't agree with Ali's take that Lucas and Sami are each other's true loves...and even before EJ, I don't think I ever saw them as anything other than their second choices. I remember Sami's constant, obnoxious longing for Austin and Lucas' longing for Carrie. Not to mention some of the most rotten things that Lucas has said to Sami. Where was the big love that people talk about? Maybe it happened for about a year? I guess people could mean that their history is so woven together, but I don't know if there was love there.
Oh well.

I always get the feeling that Ali tries to hard to cater to her fanbases and stay as neutral as possible. I wish she could totally be honest for once and not worry about who is going to trash her. Maybe in her next book! :)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Agree with Ali in wanting more female friends and a career for Sami.

Amused that she refers to Chloe and Nicole as having "backstabbed" Sami by sleeping with Lucas and EJ as if they had any reason to consider her feelings when they had sex with her exes.

Obviously disagree about her thoughts about Lucas and Sami truly loving each other, but I don't care if Ali gets a real-life Lucas/Bryan tattoo to show her devotion to Lumi as long as they stay broken up and away from each other on screen.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Well, I agree with Ali, that Lucas and Sami love each other, but a lot has happened to push them apart. I also like the "right now" part .. which means "temporarily" to me ... I also agree with Ali about the future ideas for Sami... I would definitely love to see her much more independant.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I have watched Sami and Lucas for years hate each other and try to destroy each other and I always felt bad for Will because he had the worst parents how utterly embarrassed he was of them. Not once even when they would have those few times when they slept together inbetween Austin and Carrie s/l did I ever think these two were in love ... in lust maybe but never in love. So the notion that these two = true love is laughable....

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Oh also forgot to mention I LOL'd about her having to remind the interviewer about how he forgot Will. I wish I could forget him. Here's hoping the writers continue to be blissfully unaware of the worthless character's existence for a long time.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

hmmm, will have to talk to Michael about this next week, too. Thanks for the posting of the interview

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Has Ali forgotten that Sami did have a female friendship with Jamie YEARS ago? :shrug:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kirk
Aug 13 2008, 09:04 PM
Has Ali forgotten that Sami did have a female friendship with Jamie YEARS ago? :shrug:
wasn't she played by Tara Reid?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply