Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: John to Marlena: I want you back!
Topic Started: Aug 14 2008, 07:53 AM (4,066 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 15 2008, 07:40 AM
ladyofthelake
Aug 15 2008, 06:36 AM
The one thing that disappoints me about this is that Marlena is still insistent on old John returning. She will give up if he doesn't, instead of meeting nuJohn halfway and accepting him. I don't mean she has to fall for his crooked ways or anything, but if they showed her accepting some of his snark and finally learning about some of what's in nuJohn's heart (I see a guy who snarks and acts big and mean out of inner fear), that would have gone a long way into making me feel more positive about her. I wouldn't mind a blend of old John and new John. I'm just tired of people having to change for her. I know I'm going to get a lot of flack and disagreements and maybe even some nasty bashing towards me about that, but whatever. Like the long "suffering" Carolyn hinsey used to say "It's only MY opinion!".
But, like Tim said, if they are written as individuals instead of Siamese twins, I'd be just as happy. I LIKE seeing John call Marlena out on some of her hypocrisy instead of blindly going along. And yes, it would be OK for Marlena to call John out on his stuff, too (as long as it's not something she does but won't admit to. Like the whole paralyzing Stefano thing then scolding John for wanting to kill him).
Marlena has already admitted that she paralyzed Stefano.
ANOTHER thing I missed thanks to the shitty DVD-RW!!! DAMMIT!!! :( :(: (
Quote Post Goto Top

annalee003
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 15 2008, 06:56 AM
I'm PISSED that I may not get to see any of this. For those who don't know, my DVD-RW player just STOPPED working. It can play regular DVDs but won't record or even play DVD-RWs! What the fuck is up with that?!!! Worst, I STILL haven't seen the "Passions" last two episodes because the Internet connection ONLY for that video hangs, and the DivX player won't play the online show files because it lakes some DirectShow codec, which, I downloaded, and it STILL doesn't work! And "Days" just sounds EXPLOSIVE! I want to see all of this!!! :( :( :( :( :(
You may want to try an optical lens cleaner in your player. Sometimes that help.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

annalee003
Aug 15 2008, 02:21 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 15 2008, 06:56 AM
I'm PISSED that I may not get to see any of this. For those who don't know, my DVD-RW player just STOPPED working. It can play regular DVDs but won't record or even play DVD-RWs! What the fuck is up with that?!!! Worst, I STILL haven't seen the "Passions" last two episodes because the Internet connection ONLY for that video hangs, and the DivX player won't play the online show files because it lakes some DirectShow codec, which, I downloaded, and it STILL doesn't work! And "Days" just sounds EXPLOSIVE! I want to see all of this!!! :( :( :( :( :(
You may want to try an optical lens cleaner in your player. Sometimes that help.
Holy crap! I forgot about that! (Obviously, you can see, I haven't cleaned a recording device since a VHS player! And who knew DVD players needed it too?)

THANKS SO MUCH for the tip!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

JERSoapsFan
Aug 15 2008, 06:57 AM
maggs
Aug 14 2008, 05:42 PM
This storyline makes me so excited!!! I cannot wait to see how this all pays out!! :applause: I know that in the end J & M will be together and I absolutely cannot wait for it to happen! The writing is good right now! I hope it does not end!!!
*gasp*

Maggs.. that J&M picture is SO FUCKING HOT!!!! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:
Thank you!! It's one of the pics from Monte Carlo! I absolutely love J&M!

dorothyg
Member Avatar

Finally hope for J&M.... They are made for each other and I can't wait for them to be together again, heart and soul......thats a fact!

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Aug 15 2008, 06:36 AM
The one thing that disappoints me about this is that Marlena is still insistent on old John returning. She will give up if he doesn't, instead of meeting nuJohn halfway and accepting him. I don't mean she has to fall for his crooked ways or anything, but if they showed her accepting some of his snark and finally learning about some of what's in nuJohn's heart (I see a guy who snarks and acts big and mean out of inner fear), that would have gone a long way into making me feel more positive about her. I wouldn't mind a blend of old John and new John. I'm just tired of people having to change for her. I know I'm going to get a lot of flack and disagreements and maybe even some nasty bashing towards me about that, but whatever. Like the long "suffering" Carolyn hinsey used to say "It's only MY opinion!".
But, like Tim said, if they are written as individuals instead of Siamese twins, I'd be just as happy. I LIKE seeing John call Marlena out on some of her hypocrisy instead of blindly going along. And yes, it would be OK for Marlena to call John out on his stuff, too (as long as it's not something she does but won't admit to. Like the whole paralyzing Stefano thing then scolding John for wanting to kill him).
I agree that I hate Marlena didn't give John a chance. I didn't want her to like his crooked ways either, but he was trying to be a better person for her when Phillip planted those drugs, then she had no faith in him. He had nothing to do with drugs and was obviously VERY anti-drug, but she couldn't believe him. From that point on, it became apparent that she wouldn't give him a chance without him getting his memory back, and she let him know it. That's why he moved on even though he had feelings for her. I hate them portraying Marlena as only loving John because of their history. She loves John period. Their memories came from that love, not the other way around.

Despite that, I do want them back together, and I'm excited! I just really wanted her to love him for him, and I wanted him to mature because of her love, but I can get over it. I love J&M! I can't wait to see Marlena with Sam, and John with old John. That should be awesome! And I still hope they will have a romantic journey back to that incredibly strong passionate love they've always had.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I look forward to real John giving his lame new version a piece of his mind! go John!

didi

I'm just looking for J&M to finally have a story and NOT dialogues....I 'm so waiting to see how the old John is gonna play out and to see Dee plays SAM.....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply