Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, Nicole
Topic Started: Aug 14 2008, 08:15 AM (2,419 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Nicole catches EJ and Sami kissing during the hospital lock down, shattering her dream of a future with EJ. For Arianne Zucker (Nicole) it's just another chapter for Salem's perennial loser at love.

SOW: Did Nicole really believe she had a shot at EJ being hers?

AZ: Nicole knows she can't hang onto a man. She's always had a problem with that. Then, of course, EJ has feelings for Sami, and they have a child together. Nicole came around second. She knows EJ is not a hundred percent over Sami.

SOW: Before Nicole catches EJ with Sami, she starts drinking and daydreaming about losing him. What happens?

AZ: Nicole has this fantasy about being with EJ, but guess who's still in the picture? Sami! Even in Nicole's fantasy there is no trust. There is still that fear EJ is cheating on her. Nicole finds an earring on their bedroom floor...

SOW: ...and takes it to Lucas, who recognizes it as Sami's. What happens when Nicole confronts EJ?

AZ: He's caught. He doesn't deny being with Sami. Nicole ends up trying to smother her.

SOW: Obviously, Nicole's unsettled by the fantasy. What makes her head to the hospital to look for EJ?

AZ: Nicole hears on the news about some crazy lock down there. She wants to see what's going on and make sure EJ is fine.

SOW: Nicole's greeted by a sight of Sami and EJ making out via a monitor in the trauma center. What's her reaction?

AZ: Is she shocked? No. Nicole knows there's a possibility of losing EJ. But it doesn't matter whether Nicole knows it or not; it still hurts. Nicole has truly fallen in love with EJ. To find him with her nemesis is awful. Nicole sees the way Sami treats EJ. She keeps going back and forth (between him and Lucas). Nicole's thinking, "Why can't you see who I am? How come you want to be caught up with this woman who can't make up her mind to save her life?"

SOW: Later, Nicole confronts EJ about Sami. What happens?

AZ: EJ doesn't think he did anything wrong. Typical male! But he realizes he hurt Nicole. There's no yelling. Nicole doesn't have any right to yell. She and EJ aren't a couple. Still, Nicole's bitter.

SOW: Does Nicole finally resign herself to losing EJ to Sami and moving on?

AZ: Nicole doesn't really believe EJ loves Sami. In her eyes, if EJ and Sami didn't have a child together, he and Nicole would be together. But Nicole gets it. EJ has a family with Sami. It's very sad. EJ hurt Nicole, but now she's got to find a way to pick herself up and move on.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

whoohoo! Go EJAMI!!!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Jonatha!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Bring on the film noir..

Jonatha

Kevc1980
Aug 14 2008, 01:19 PM
Bring on the film noir..
New SOW has a small blurb and 4 photos of Ari and Nadia dressed in vintage 40s outfits, and they look fabulous dahlings! Days' costume designer, Richard Bloore, is responsible for the fashion choices and a few of the original creations featured in the film noir fantasy sequence. I wish I had a scanner!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

You can see little clips of the film noir stuff in Monday's US eppy here:

http://prevuzepreviews.blogspot.com/

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks so much Jonatha!
I'm confused though. I thought Nicole sees EJ and Sami in the stairwell, THEN drinks and has her fantasty film noir. But according to this, she has the film noir then catches them in the lockdown.

Technically, Nicole and EJ don't really have a relationship. If she wasn't so worried about Trent and lying to EJ, she could have had one. But last we checked, Nicole finally came clean, EJ asked her out and she rejected him because Trent would see and she would lose her millions. Nicole dropped the ball on this one.

I know Ej hurt her, but really, he has been honest with her all along. Right before the sexavator, he was whining about Sami, so Nicole knows the truth. I am sure it still hurt though. I'd about kill myself if I lost a man that fine!

proshutterbug
Member Avatar

I really feel for Nicole because she fell for EJ when she didn't want to. All she wanted was a good divorce settlement and to bug Sami. She fell because EJ was so great with her. Nicole didn't tell EJ about Trent for more than just the money..she is really afraid of the guy. For anyone that has ever been in an abusive relationship and gotten out..that person tends to become the monster under the bed for you. I love the fact that she trusted EJ enough to tell him about some of her demons haunting her. I can't wait to see how this story goes with Trent. There is lots of story potential here with Nicole. I love Ari and I am thrilled she came back to add some spunk and spice things up. Nicole's character has really grown with EJ and the Trent storyline. We get to see what made Nicole into the woman she was while watching her grow into someone more than what she has been. Ari is rocking Days with all of the facets she is bringing to this character. I can't wait to see where Nicole goes from here. I hope she gives Trent HELL!
Edited by proshutterbug, Aug 14 2008, 06:36 PM.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I really love Nicole. I think she brings so much to the show. I do feel sorry for her for falling for EJ, but he has been honest with her all along, and she should have thought things through a little better when she and EF were first going hot and heavy, and he called her "Sami." That should have been like cold water thrown over her, and she should have left (not literally) EJ and the situation right then.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I ADORE Nicole. If there is one thing Higley is done is she's done great for Nicole and her relationship with EJ.

Looks like Ejole is heading for a stumbling block, which is fine. Good stuff here. Can't wait for the Noir stuff.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I want to add to the Nicole love. She has pretty well become my favorite character right now. Ari is delivering so well, too.

CindyJean
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 15 2008, 12:35 AM
I ADORE Nicole. If there is one thing Higley is done is she's done great for Nicole and her relationship with EJ.

Looks like Ejole is heading for a stumbling block, which is fine. Good stuff here. Can't wait for the Noir stuff.
I agree 100 %. Not only is she written well, Ari is giving a great performance. She has dimension and depth of character this time around. I want to see Nicole really be a key player in Days.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CinderAngelkc
Aug 15 2008, 06:26 PM
PhoenixRising05

I agree 100 %. Not only is she written well, Ari is giving a great performance. She has dimension and depth of character this time around. I want to see Nicole really be a key player in Days.
I think she can be if Days can get out of the "must be a member of a core family" rut they get themselves into. Certainly, based on comments I've been reading on many boards, she is getting quite a few positive comments. Most of the time, when I read negative comments, it's usually because someone feels a little nervous cause Nicole could be an obstacle to "twu wuv forevah". :P (Be it Chloe/Brady or Sami/EJ). Not ALWAYS, just usually.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

I agree with you. I always liked Nicole but I have absolutely loved her this time around. Ari's acting has really evolved and so has Nicole's "personality". That is why I don't believe that EJole are completely done, they've given Nicole so many layers and have done so much writing for their relationship thus far, even giving them Trent to deal with. They haven't been written as simply an "interloping" relationship. Nicole is the underdog. EJ and Sami have so many striking similarities to Sami and Austin, respectively. After years of chasing Sami, EJ will have her and then eventually realize she is not his true love and not want to be the second choice to Lucas (the Carrie in this situation). He'll see that his best friend Nicole, the one he was able to confide in and completely let his guard down with, is the woman for him after all. Go Ejole!! In the meantime though, I'd like to see Nicole completely seperate herself from EJ and let him go; I hope she won't subject herself to being his sounding board available at his convenience when he gets sick of Sami and her whining, when he needs to remember what it was like to have fun and be happy. I hope that Nicole doesmove on, like Ari says, maybe a new job and a new man.EJ will realize what he's missing when it's gone.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

IMissAremid
Aug 14 2008, 02:09 PM

I watched tried to watch that episode here in Canada yesterday!

In as few words as possible, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I thought it was one of the most boring episodes I've seen ever! The black and white and lame conversations were not to my liking at all.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Aug 16 2008, 08:24 AM
IMissAremid
Aug 14 2008, 02:09 PM

I watched tried to watch that episode here in Canada yesterday!

In as few words as possible, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I thought it was one of the most boring episodes I've seen ever! The black and white and lame conversations were not to my liking at all.
You really have to appreciate this classic movie style ... it is not everyone's cup of tea! I applaud Days for trying something different and I have seen it already and I thought the direction, art direction was BRILLIANT. The acting was very good not great! Outstanding performer in my book was Alison Sweeney! (she has Emmy material for sure on this one).

This show has to be watched more than once .... in fact many time to appreciate all the great work that went into this from the acting to the directing to set design, hair, make up and getting the total film noir sense down .... It was done EXTREMELY WELL!

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I love Nicole too. The show has just turned up a huge notch in me really wanting to watch it again now that she's back in Salem. Ari has been fantastic! We've seen so many new sides to Nicole.

I don't see EJami being together. They are turning to each during a time of duress, that's all I see. I too, see this more as a stumbling block to what will ultimately become EJole.

Not sure about the film noire stuff. I don't really see the point of watching it. It's not a real story, just imaginations. It's not going to matter once the Olympics are over anyway. I'll give it a shot, but I won't feel like I am missing anything if I tune it out.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Aug 16 2008, 10:27 AM
I love Nicole too. The show has just turned up a huge notch in me really wanting to watch it again now that she's back in Salem. Ari has been fantastic! We've seen so many new sides to Nicole.

I don't see EJami being together. They are turning to each during a time of duress, that's all I see. I too, see this more as a stumbling block to what will ultimately become EJole.

Not sure about the film noire stuff. I don't really see the point of watching it. It's not a real story, just imaginations. It's not going to matter once the Olympics are over anyway. I'll give it a shot, but I won't feel like I am missing anything if I tune it out.
If nothing else, you get some insight into Nicole's feelings at the time. The sets and costumes are good, and none of the acting is awful. It's not all great, but I wouldn't say anyone failed. Even though EJ and Nicole have a bad relationship, I still enjoyed James and Ari's performances together, they really shined. I loved the segment with Philip and Chloe, and the writers actuallly gave a nod to Phloe's history.

ges
Member Avatar

I can't stand Nicole. But I'm mature enough to admit it is because I don't like the fact that she is after E.J. She's not good enough for him. I'm glad she is married to Trent and being blackmailed into doing small favors. lol Sounds like a D.H. idea of suspense and intrigue.
I admit she is an excellent actress, but a smelly pirate hooker none-the-less. I reveled in her misery yesterday.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply