Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Vincent Irizarry RETURNS!; David is BACK!
Topic Started: Aug 14 2008, 11:39 AM (593 Views)
kserox10

David Hayward returns!
August 14, 2008 6:49 PDT By Jesse Murray

Posted Image

With the death of Richie Novak (Billy Miller), "All My Children" has been missing a troublemaker. Not the case anymore. We can tell you EXTREMELY exciting news: Dr. David Hayward, the narcissistic, manipulative jerk is coming back to Pine Valley, once again played by Vincent Irizarry. He'll show up in early to mid-fall.

When last seen in 2006, David left town, rejected by the woman he loved, Dixie (Cady McClain). Of course, not without doing some damage that would have ripple effects for months to come: He told Dixie and Tad (Michael E. Knight) that their then-missing daughter, Kate, was really Emma McDermott, and he also let Dixie know that Krystal was carrying Tad's child (which, ultimately, led to Krystal and Adam's breakup). So this begs the question: What hell is David going to wreak when he gets to town? And more importantly, who will be his victims? Actually, "victims" is more appropriate.

It's not like he's not connected to half the town. Adam (David Canary), JR (Jacob Young), and Tad are his mortal enemies. And once he finds out that Dixie has died, he's probably not going to be in a very good mood. His daughter with Krystal (Bobbie Eakes), Babe (Amanda Baker), will most likely be the object of his special brand of parenting (read: control). And let's not forget he once got it on with Erica Kane (Susan Lucci). This was, of course, after she kidnapped him and held him hostage in her basement, his hands in a vise (during that period when she was wearing that "Phantom of the Opera" mask. Remember?).

Anyway, all hell will break loose, no doubt.

Vincent Irizarry played David from 1997 through his exit in 2006. He was most recently seen on "The Young and the Restless," where he was Nikki's now-dead husband, David Chow. David Chow was similar to David Hayward -- a real baddie. He killed Ji Minn and had that gambling problem. But he lacked the finesse that made David so lovably evil.

BTW, how bizarre is it that David's ex-wife, Anna (Finola Hughes) is on "General Hospital?" Talk about weird six degrees of separation. It's yet another Port Charles-Pine Valley link (the other being Adam's daughter, Skye, and the fact that Angie and Tracy Quartermaine [Jane Elliot] were on "The City" together).

So we are so stoked because things are going to get really, really good in Pine Valley.

What do you hope happens with David's return?

http://soapnet.go.com/soapnet/article/path-articleNum_10998/category_shows/page_1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Thank the lord!

brimike

So thrilled to hear this. I have doubts about Pratt when it comes to a lot of things, but a character like David Hayward is right up his alley.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

That didn't take long for Vincent Irizarry to find work again..

Deleted User
Deleted User

Great news. I hope that David's return will also mean the permanent, long-term contract return of Cady McClain as Dixie Cooney as well. I also hope Julia Barr(Brooke) comes back to, but I've got less hope for her than McClain.
Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Good for Vincent!

He never should have been booted out of Pine Valley anyway. He always made the place interesting.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Glad he got another job so quickly.

jcar03
Member Avatar

He's never without a job for long, is he? He went from AMC to Y&R and now back to AMC.

Scott
Member Avatar

Score!!!!!! I'm so happy to see VI come back to AMC.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I was hoping this would happen.

Now they have the perfect way to bring Dixie back. I think someone mentioned elsewhere how Pratt likes surprises. I cool one would be them keeping how David returns a secret only to have him appear on his first day in a undisclosed location...where he is keeping Dixie. That would be great.

I doubt we will see Brooke though. Dixie, good chance. Brooke, nope. I have a feeling that bridge may have been burned.

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar
Oh, I didnt know we could customize this! LOL

Joy to the the fucking world. I'm sorry, but once, make that twice, bitten three times shy. Until there's reason for me to believe that Pratt won't just use him as some one note villain who has no heart or depth, I'm not going to care.

Plus, now Pratt can take the sledge hammer that Megan was so fond of to my David and Erica, together and individually. Always nice to see their heart and souls ripped out.
Edited by Bella Principessa, Aug 15 2008, 02:08 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply