Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Leah Remini, CBS Eye Daytime Talkshow
Topic Started: Aug 15 2008, 03:47 AM (443 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Leah Remini is throwing her hat into the daytime ring.

The former "King of Queens" star is developing a concept for a daytime show with CBS Television Distribution, sources said. Details are closely guarded, but it's believed that the parties are not necessarily thinking along the lines of a traditional talk show. The project is being eyed for a fall 2009 launch. CBS declined comment.

Remini is the latest personality to emerge as a contender for syndication next season as distributors ramp up their development slates. For its part, CBS also is working on separate talk show projects with Valerie Bertinelli and Bishop T.D. Jakes ("Woman Thou Art Loosed").

Also among the projects rumored or confirmed to be in the works for fall 2009 are a syndicated version of Fox's "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" at Twentieth TV; "Dr. Oz," with Harpo Prods., and a talker featuring Marissa Jaret Winokur at Sony; a talker hosted by Food Network personality Paula Deen at Warner Bros.; and a talk show hosted by Marie Osmond at Program Partners.

Remini, repped by WMA and 3 Arts, co-starred on the CBS sitcom "Queens" for nine seasons and recently appeared in the MSN online series "In the Motherhood," an adaptation of which is being developed at ABC.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Well I guess we know when GL and or ATWT will get the boot. :shame:
Edited by Rick, Aug 15 2008, 03:48 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Rick
Aug 15 2008, 03:48 AM
Well I guess we know when GL and or ATWT will get the boot. :shame:
It really IS a shame! Not ONE of these projects sounds intriguing to me and certainly not worthy to replace either soap!

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'd watch ATWT & GL at their worst over this crap.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 15 2008, 09:50 AM
I'd watch ATWT & GL at their worst over this crap.
Exactly! We don't need more talk shows! I don't care if it's the ghost of Merv Griffin or Dinah Shore hosting the damned things! Enough already! Forget the infomercials , Judge ,Doctor and crappy talk shows and FIX the SOAP OPERAS!! Why is it so hard for the EP's to stop speaking about "production models" "saving the world" and "revolutionizing the genre"? Be "revolutionary" by getting some consistent writers and let them do their jobs! The wheel does NOT need to be reinvented!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Who in the hell would wanna watch Marissa Jaret's talk show. I hate that irritating bitch. I almost quit DWTS because of her lmfao, I did end up Tivo'ing it so I didn't have to hear her talk!
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Well they are talking about CBS Television Distribution which syndicates a lot of their shows like ET, The Insider, Dr.Phil, Wheel Of Fortune and etc. not with CBS the Network, so it may not mean that these shows would replace ATWT or GL........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Television_Distribution

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 16 2008, 06:56 AM
Well they are talking about CBS Television Distribution which syndicates a lot of their shows like ET, The Insider, Dr.Phil, Wheel Of Fortune and etc. not with CBS the Network, so it may not mean that these shows would replace ATWT or GL........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Television_Distribution
That's true but many of the affiliates are likely to go with these shows in place of GL and ATWT! There is a finite amount of air time on these stations and many affiliates are already putting GL on at 10 in the morning if at all so they can run Dr Phil or a block of Judge Judy at 3! With all of these other projects, it isn't hard to imagine stations doing the same to ATWT and dumping GL altogether! After enough major markets such as Boston(which is one that airs GL at 10:am)start shuffling the soaps around or not airing them at all, it wouldn't be long before the network finally pulls the plug!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply