Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds Report Ellen Wheeler is our saviour!; TVGC
Topic Started: Aug 15 2008, 09:03 AM (1,004 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Nubia
Aug 15 2008, 09:29 PM
Quote:

Which black female star refuses to be paired with a black love interest?

Who could this possible be? Daytime barely has black female "stars" these days...

Days - Renee/Lexie is with Abe
AMC - Debbie Morgan/ Angie is with Jessie
Y&R - Eva Pigford is about to be paired with Neil

....my guess is Y&R's Christel Khalil...all (Kevin, Daniel and Cane) of Lily's love interests have been white.
I think that would be a good guess! There are several people in the media who do not consider CK to be "Black", including Victoria Rowell! I read that the young actress is of Middle Eastern heritage! But that was fallout from the whole Davetta Sherwood mess as well as VR pointing out how many "Black Actors" Y&R had in the cast a few months back! She mentioned there were only two! I can't consider the actresses who play Mel on GL or Bonnie on ATWT to be "STARS" so I would have to agree that CK seems likely! There WAS a brief flirtation with Devon and Lily and much later he was supposed to be carrying a torch for his "sister" but that last sub-plot, thankfully, went nowhere!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Mason
Aug 15 2008, 10:17 PM
I think Van Hansis is the one Perez reported to be gay, although I have no idea whether or not he actually is. It could just be Perez's wishful thinking.
It WAS Van Hansis who was "outed" by Perez but unless a reporter sees a performer in a compromising position or is intimate with that performer, it could just be speculation! It's been so long since I read the "outing" piece, that I forget how much credibility there was! I wouldn't be surprised to find out that VH was gay but then I wouldn't be surprised to find that ANYONE was gay and it seems silly that it even matters in this day and age! It's not like I'm going to call up a soap star and ask them on a date and MY phone isnt ringing so who cares?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Gregorzick
Aug 15 2008, 10:46 PM
1.)Ellen Wheeler isn't going to save soaps!!!! Hell, she's one of the reasons that soaps have sucked for years. She was always overrated as an actress and she sucked as a director. So, is it any suprise that she sucks as a producer?!! Not!!!! Those in the know in the Cincy Soap Hood have been laughing behind her back for god knows how long!!!!

2.)PGP and/or Telenext or whoever the fuck owns ATWT these days needs to stop worrying about their cast members sex lives and leave Perez Hilton alone!!!! Every GLBT member of the ATWT cast needs to run- and not walk -to the nearest office of the ADVOCATE magazine and freakin come out already!!!! Their closet doors are truly made of glass!!!!

3.) Hmmm....could the so called gay star who thinks he/she runs his/her soap be on the alphabet network which has a show which is supposed to be about a hospital but isn't?! Just wondering, you know!!! :wink:
With the exception of Wheeler being an overrated actress, I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote! And even EW's acting career was so long ago that I could have a different opinion if I saw her work these days!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Mason
Aug 15 2008, 06:21 PM
If Ellen Wheeler is our savior, then God help us all.
It really IS ludicrous! The article was embarrassing with all of the talk of crying and the damned "corporate speak"! If I was the EP of the lowest rated soap on the air, there's NO WAY that I would open myself up to even MORE ridicule by suggesting I had a way to save the genre! She sounds like she's" goin' 'round the bend!" And ELLEN: Your GOD DAMNED "Production Model" SUCKS!!!! Retire the PHRASE if not the technique or I'M going to cry!! Going all "Night Of The Living Dead" on our asses is NOT revolutionizing the industry!! :soapbox:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply