Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ed Scott Fired! Gary Tomlin In!; daytimeconfidential.com exclusive
Topic Started: Aug 16 2008, 12:07 AM (10,390 Views)
sungrey

I can forgive that Gary directed Passions (sorry, Rakesh... lol), but that's not the point here. The point is Corday got his way again.

Fuck you, Corday. NBC, put the last nail in the show and just fucking bring back James Reilly like we know you want to do.

I'm not finished with this show, but if that happens I am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

destinyrules
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 16 2008, 12:18 AM
hunterforrester
Aug 16 2008, 12:18 AM
Well, let me clarify because I don't want to be shit on again, we may have two different versions of bombshell. And it's not a Days firing.
Well, there goes my last lingering hope of being rid of the hack anytime soon. :frown:
Seriously, and I got excited for a moment!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Jason47 has confirmed that Scott is indeed fired and Gary Tomlin is his replacement.

http://members.aol.com/jason47b/

ETA: He says the press release will be on his site soon, according to a post he made on SON.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Aug 16 2008, 12:25 AM.

Mason

I don't have any problem with Gary Tomlin (it could certainly be MUCH worse), but again, he's no Ed Scott, and now there's not gonna be anyone at DAYS that won't put up with Higley's crap. We're fucked royally.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

It's Ed VS. Dena; Dena won.

Mason

hunterforrester
Aug 16 2008, 12:26 AM
It's Ed VS. Dena; Dena won.
I hate that bitch. I really do. I am so sick of her coming out on top!

leelee
Member Avatar

Higley can go fuck herself.

Mason

tululabell
Aug 16 2008, 12:27 AM
Why bother, when she has Corday to do that for her? I hope Ed slashes their tires on his last day!

leelee
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 16 2008, 12:28 AM
tululabell
Aug 16 2008, 12:27 AM
Why bother, when she has Corday to do that for her? I hope Ed slashes their tires on his last day!
That's probably the only reason she's staying....I mean come on....who else would fuck Corday?

sungrey

Nelson, would this firing be off a CBS soap, perhaps? :) I have a feeling I might know who it is. (I'm speculating, I don't have a source.)

As for Tomlin, yes, he will be the new co-exec producer. The mere fact he directed Passions for the last four years, however, makes me afraid another writer is about to be foisted on us. We can only hope we're not so lucky. lol

brimike

Who wants a stiff drink. Seriously.

Cancellation 2010, I'm buying rounds for everyone.

destinyrules
Member Avatar

brimike
Aug 16 2008, 12:40 AM
Who wants a stiff drink. Seriously.

Cancellation 2010, I'm buying rounds for everyone.
send me about 10... this is just crazy!

daysfan
Member Avatar

Wellllll, I'm gonna say that as much as I hated his underhanded tactics, I'm gonna miss Ed Scott. He brought some GREAT producing aspects to Days, and the day-to-day stuff improved greatly, and I will even say that his writing on Days(and the diva's) has been very decent(even though I off/on enjoyed Dena's writing too, but I got alot more invested in it these past few weeks). He was the greatest Co-EP Days had in a long, long time and I know that I, again, will sorely miss him.

As I said in the other thread, Gary is not a hack(and dare I say I actually ENJOYED his time as OLTL's EP, as hated as his stories were, and Sunset Beach too), and he's gonna be Co-EPing and not HWing like he was with OLTL during the strike, so I think I'm up for giving him a chance.

As for the firing...hmmm, I'm also going to speculate its someone from a CBS soap. Josh Griffith, maybe(only one I could see getting fired right now), unless its an actor?

brimike

Let me amend this.

I like Tomlin. I don't think he's a bad fit for Days. But let's face it - what miracle rabbit are he and Dena going to pull out of their hats to save this show from a 0.8 demo and a 1.9 HH. I like Tomlin (again, for the record), but this is the guy who wrote OLTL during the strike, and EP'ed SuBe into cancellation. I'm not saying there weren't good moments to SuBe - but it's not like he's going to have some MAGIC SOLUTION to work on Days that he didn't bother with in regards to SuBe.

Just the same old people being recycled again to keep the status quo until the plug is pulled.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Here we go again, lol i don't think Days will ever catch a break. I will give Gary Tomlin a chance. The current episodes of Search for Tomorrow airing on AOL are written by Gary Tomlin and they are just wonderful, so if Gary can turn Days into the great show he did Search then i think I will do a happy dance.

Mason

I'm going to bed now. I hope this thread hasn't sprouted like 20 pages by the next time I see it tomorrow.

leelee
Member Avatar

I haven't seen any of his work..and going by what some people have said, I think I'm just gonna have to wait until Dena's stuff and his work or whatever starts to air to make a final decision.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Jason47's press release:

http://members.aol.com/jason47b/
Quote:

"Days of Our Lives" co-executive producer Edward J. Scott was relieved of his duties on Friday, August 15, 2008. Scott had been with "Days" since August, 2007. New co-executive producer Gary Tomlin was the co-head writer of "Days of Our Lives" (along with Michelle Poteet-Lisanti) for 256 episodes from October 20, 1980-October 20, 1981. A few events during his tenure included the aging of Hope Williams to a teenager and the arrivals of Renee Dumonde and Jake Kositchek (the Salem Slasher). Tomlin began his career as an actor on such shows as "Search For Tomorrow", "The Waltons" and "Another World". He switched to writing in 1980 with "Days of Our Lives" and later with "Texas", "Search For Tomorrow", "Another World" and "Santa Barbara" (where he won an Emmy in 1989). Tomlin switched to producing in 1995 and had stints at "All My Children", "Sunset Beach" and "One Life to Live" (where he won an Emmy in 2002). From 2003-2008, Tomlin began the next phase of his career, as a director on "Passions." Tomlin, 58, was born March 6, 1950 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Dammit..Losing Ed Scott sucks and this is another bad decision by Corday...Hopefully Dena will be let go in the coming months...Someone should be paying for the record low ratings...

That said, Tomlin is a much better choice that Steve Wyman returning..

brimike

Kevc1980
Aug 16 2008, 01:00 AM

That said, Tomlin is a much better choice that Steve Wyman returning..
Now that's something you and I can *DEFINITELY* agree on, Kev. :applause: ;) :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply