Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ed Scott Fired! Gary Tomlin In!; daytimeconfidential.com exclusive
Topic Started: Aug 16 2008, 12:07 AM (10,541 Views)
leelee
Member Avatar

Does anyone here think that there is ANY chance of DAYS being saved? Or are we just fucked?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

brimike
Aug 16 2008, 01:02 AM
Kevc1980
Aug 16 2008, 01:00 AM

That said, Tomlin is a much better choice that Steve Wyman returning..
Now that's something you and I can *DEFINITELY* agree on, Kev. :applause: ;) :D
Oh yes, Tomlin is ten times better than Langan or Wyman.

deefanUBS

hunterforrester
Aug 16 2008, 12:26 AM
It's Ed VS. Dena; Dena won.
Wow, Corday's an even bigger moron than I thought!

Why is it everytime DAYS catches a break, this idiot has to fuck it up?! Right now, DAYS is the best it has been in many, many years and today, Ken Corday tossed in the dumpster. Way to go!!! :angry:

hops
Member Avatar

tululabell
Aug 16 2008, 01:05 AM
Does anyone here think that there is ANY chance of DAYS being saved? Or are we just fucked?
I am not a fan of Dena Higley. If she is given free rein, I'm sure it will not be anything I am interested in watching. Of course only time will tell, but time is running out. And personally, I'm tired of waiting.

deefanUBS

Quote:

Who wants a stiff drink. Seriously.

I already drank a pitcher of 'ritas tonight. After reading this shit, I am on my way to making another batch...

Quote:

Cancellation 2010, I'm buying rounds for everyone.

This is just sad. :frown:

deefanUBS

tululabell
Fucked sounds pretty accurate to me. :(

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Continue discussion here:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/8017378/1/

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

It was nice knowing 'ya Days!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 16 2008, 01:24 AM
Hey Nelson, did Gary and Dena work together at OLTL?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm sad to see Scott go, but if what he's being accused of is true, then he needed to be gone, rightfully. That doesn't mean I'm defending Higley. But Scott acted very unprofessional and if that's the reason he got the boot, then it's deserving. And before anyone jumps on me about what Higley did, supposedly scabbing while still a part of the WGA, then she needs to be reprimanded as well.

Gary Tomlin isn't really a bad replacement. He sucked as OLTL's strike head writer, but I've heard he's a pretty decent producer, so maybe he will make the show look better.

Gregorzick

DAYS is screwed and NBC should cut their losses. There is no way in hell that Corday can manage to get this show on top of the ratings again.

Hopefully, the other big firing will Jean Passanante as headwriter of AS THE WORLD TURNS. I think the rumors about her firing have been floating around for weeks now. However, I will believe it when it ACTUALLY happens!!!!!
Edited by Gregorzick, Aug 16 2008, 01:35 AM.

brimike

Kevc1980
Aug 16 2008, 01:28 AM
hunterforrester
Aug 16 2008, 01:24 AM
Hey Nelson, did Gary and Dena work together at OLTL?
Nope. Gary came on as SW (I think) after Dena was fired. I believe it was RIGHT before the strike. Maybe a month before it? October-ish?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Amen, Drew Hamilton! Days Gone By should be the title of your soap now!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 16 2008, 01:32 AM
Amen, Drew Hamilton! Days Gone By should be the title of your soap now!
LOL Nelson!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'd love to know what Sony thinks of this decision.

Paul8148

Does this mean that Days is not going to summit anything that is happening now for the Emmys next year?

Perhaps they still summit the Film Noir Stuff since according to Bryan it was Ken's idea (or he love the idea.)
Edited by Paul8148, Aug 16 2008, 01:39 AM.

deefanUBS

DrewHamilton
Aug 16 2008, 01:30 AM
I'm sad to see Scott go, but if what he's being accused of is true, then he needed to be gone, rightfully. That doesn't mean I'm defending Higley. But Scott acted very unprofessional and if that's the reason he got the boot, then it's deserving. And before anyone jumps on me about what Higley did, supposedly scabbing while still a part of the WGA, then she needs to be reprimanded as well.

Gary Tomlin isn't really a bad replacement. He sucked as OLTL's strike head writer, but I've heard he's a pretty decent producer, so maybe he will make the show look better.
As long as Higley's there, we'll be in no different place than we've been for the last 8 months. Scott is the one person among TPTB who was willing to put his job on the line to save DAYS. The price he had to pay for that was his job - I don't think that is right.
Edited by deefanUBS, Aug 16 2008, 01:38 AM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I'm sure they will submit Ed's work, isn't that how Dena won an Emmy this year thanks to Ron's material? Burn.

squee
Member Avatar

tululabell
As long as Dena is there, I'm gonna have to go with fucked :drunk:

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I don't think Dena and Gary worked together, but I'd have to verify that. But they have OLTL in common that's for sure. And the writers' strike, too!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply