Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS got their first front page cover; in Croatian magazine
Topic Started: Aug 17 2008, 07:05 AM (1,507 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

I was passing by the news stand and I saw a huge photo of Rachel Melvin in one of Croatia's women magazine. It's not the most popular woman's magazine, but still.

I didn't see the title for the story, but I only saw: "RACHEL MELVIN, star of DAYS OF OUR LIVES"...

So I'm guessing this is a good sign for Days in Croatia. :D

And I guess Chelsea is a pretty popular character here! LOL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

STAR??? Ohhhhh, my......We need to have a serious talk, LOL.
What's the feel for Chelsea and Daniel in Croatia?

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh, we are behind you.. so Chan is not even close.. LOL We are currently watching Beth Milstein episodes from August 2006.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Ha. Isn't that something!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I hope Terry doesn't get his hand(the other hand will be busy) on this mag, with his future wife all over the cover.

Manny
Member Avatar

:lol:

darraholic
Member Avatar

This period was when I quite enjoyed the character of Chelsea.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kirk
Aug 18 2008, 10:48 PM
I hope Terry doesn't get his hand(the other hand will be busy) on this mag, with his future wife all over the cover.
LOL!

That's wonderful, Manny!

Is that the time that Chelsea ran over her little brother & killed him?

darraholic
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Aug 19 2008, 09:36 AM
Kirk
LOL!

That's wonderful, Manny!

No. Hope was already pregnant with Ciara. I believe this was the begining of Chelsea's redemption.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 19 2008, 09:50 AM
Rakesh198
Aug 19 2008, 09:36 AM
Kirk
LOL!

That's wonderful, Manny!

No. Hope was already pregnant with Ciara. I believe this was the begining of Chelsea's redemption.
Oh, okay.

Thanks!
Edited by Rakesh198, Aug 19 2008, 10:21 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

I didn't really watch DAYS here in like a month.. but last I saw was, Sami was with Austin, and Carrie was married to Lucas. But Austin and Carrie had sex on the roof.

Chelsea was still after Max a little bit, but Stephanie showed up in town (Shayne Rose).

Steve showed up in town... Jack came back...

Hope left Bo and was pregnant with Ciara.

Chelsea went through trial for Zach's death

The whole in vitro stuff with Shimi/Phelle.

Black glove

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Wow that's before Nick even. (Who never got any credit for Chelsea's redemption).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
LMAO :laugh:

This brings back memories though. I enjoyed this period. I know many didn't but it was the period where Melvin really started to be liked by more fans and the character began to take off. Sad that the whole Chan thing has kind of regressed her a bit.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2008, 01:40 AM
Kirk
LMAO :laugh:

This brings back memories though. I enjoyed this period. I know many didn't but it was the period where Melvin really started to be liked by more fans and the character began to take off. Sad that the whole Chan thing has kind of regressed her a bit.
You know when I started liking her? It wasn't when Nick came on. It was before that. I admit when I returned in 2006 (that summer) it was tough to watch the nonsense of JER's writing so I FF'd a lot. Chelsea was just so one note and bratty.

But when Steve started dating Billie, I loved RM in those scenes. Yes, she obviously had very selfish reasons for not wanting Billie to date that "one eyed pirate" but I couldn't help but feel while the rest of Salem was turning a blind eye (heh) to there inappropriate dating, Chelsea's character was the voice of the S/K fans. And RM and SN did a great job with bringing the snark.

That's when I realized RM was a very talented actress.

ceejay

How wild that Rachel's on a cover in Croatia???? I find it amusing...didn't know the show was even aired there.

naley12
Member Avatar

neither did I

Manny
Member Avatar

The show started airing here in June this year. So it's still new here.

I watched a bit of it the other day, but it was a very "sami/austin/carrie/lucas" heavy episode, so I couldn't watch it for very long.. lol
Edited by Manny, Aug 24 2008, 12:17 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Gosh I loved that material ... sometimes!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply