Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds 911: Josh Griffith fired! Scott out!; TVGC Exclusive
Topic Started: Aug 17 2008, 06:01 PM (9,088 Views)
MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

I would love to be a fly on the wall over @ both soaps!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Kenny
Aug 20 2008, 05:30 PM
Lord have mercy, what's going on at these shows? They're literally falling apart before our very eyes.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Contrary to recent Internet reports and rumors, Soaps.com has learned that Y&R's Executive Producer, Josh Griffith, has not been fired after all. Reps for the show are stating that he is in fact still with The Young and the Restless, and that he is still the Executive Producer.

Josh Griffith made big news back in the summer of 2008 when he took over the head writer position at The Young and the Restless during the writers' strike, a move that required him to go to 'financial core' status with the writers' guild.

Rumors were flowing earlier in the week that Josh had been removed from his post. A variety of reasons for the ouster were mentioned, including that he had been allowing actors to change scripts, and that he had been re-writing scripts penned by Maria Arena-Bell! It was also speculated that Gary Tomlin had replaced him.

Soaps.com is proud to bring you only the facts! So, here's to Josh continuing to do his best work at the #1 daytime drama, The Young and the Restless!

http://www.soaps.com/youngandrestless/news/2316/

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

WTF?!

WTG, DC!

Its unfortunate that DC weren't wrong about Ed Scott. :(

Gregorzick

Rakesh198
Aug 20 2008, 08:30 PM
Contrary to recent Internet reports and rumors, Soaps.com has learned that Y&R's Executive Producer, Josh Griffith, has not been fired after all. Reps for the show are stating that he is in fact still with The Young and the Restless, and that he is still the Executive Producer.

Josh Griffith made big news back in the summer of 2008 when he took over the head writer position at The Young and the Restless during the writers' strike, a move that required him to go to 'financial core' status with the writers' guild.

Rumors were flowing earlier in the week that Josh had been removed from his post. A variety of reasons for the ouster were mentioned, including that he had been allowing actors to change scripts, and that he had been re-writing scripts penned by Maria Arena-Bell! It was also speculated that Gary Tomlin had replaced him.

Soaps.com is proud to bring you only the facts! So, here's to Josh continuing to do his best work at the #1 daytime drama, The Young and the Restless!

http://www.soaps.com/youngandrestless/news/2316/
That article at soaps.com sounds like brown nosing to me.

This situation is starting to remind me of the AW/SOMERST debacle where PGP told THE CINCINNATI POST that AW characters Steve and Alice were going to crossover to SOMERSET for a possible storyline. However, that never happened and some of the wags at P&G later tried to claim that they never said anything to POST TV Critic (and forner radio soap scribe) Mary Wood about a possible crossover storyline. To make a long story short, Wood got THE POST's legal team involved in this situation and PGP back pedaled on some of their previuos claims and later gave La Wood and THE CINCINNATI POST some AW soap exclusives especially when it came to pictures of Steve and Alice's second wedding on the show.

Just my gut feeling, but I don't think we've heard the last of the Y&R Josh Griffith situation by a long shot.
Edited by Gregorzick, Aug 20 2008, 09:04 PM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

That soaps.com article is littered with inaccuracies. Gary Tomlin is at DAYS, and was never speculated to join Y&R and Griffith chose financial core status in November 2007 during the strike, not summer 2008. They essentially picked up what SOD reported and changed a few words. That's exactly why soaps.com has no reputation and shouldn't be in the soap news business.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Aug 20 2008, 09:04 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 20 2008, 08:58 PM
That soaps.com article is littered with inaccuracies. Gary Tomlin is at DAYS, and was never speculated to join Y&R and Griffith chose financial core status in November 2007 during the strike, not summer 2008. They essentially picked up what SOD reported and changed a few words. That's exactly why soaps.com has no reputation and shouldn't be in the soap news business.
I love you.... :wub2:

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

You know that headache I had last night? Yea, well, it seems to have resurfaced again...what the hell is going on behind the scenes right before our very eyes???? I mean, why is it that the fucktacular events surrounding the backstage drama is more enticing and delicious than the actual program on TV??? Assbackwards, anyone?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Aug 20 2008, 09:35 PM
You know that headache I had last night? Yea, well, it seems to have resurfaced again...what the hell is going on behind the scenes right before our very eyes???? I mean, why is it that the fucktacular events surrounding the backstage drama is more enticing and delicious than the actual program on TV??? Assbackwards, anyone?
I think you mean BASS-ACKwards! :drunk:

And yes, this is far more interesting than watching the soaps.

Tammy
Member Avatar

So let me see if I have this straight.

Dena, who was scabbing, got OUT of trouble FOR scabbing by tattling on Ed Scott....

Ed Scott gets fired, for essentially doing Dena's job, because she sucks at it, on TOP of doing his own job...

Then Corday goes and hires ANOTHER scab, who produces AND writes, so that he can essentially do Dena's job, because she still sucks at it, ON TOP of doing HIS own job as well...

INSTEAD OF...

Just firing the common denominator in ALL of that, who is Dena, the queen of suckage.

Did I get all of that right? lol
Edited by Tammy, Aug 20 2008, 10:06 PM.

Mason

Tammy
Aug 20 2008, 10:05 PM

Dena, who was scabbing, got OUT of trouble FOR scabbing by tattling on Ed Scott....

Ed Scott gets fired, for essentially doing Dena's job, because she sucks at it, on TOP of doing his own job...

Then Corday goes and hires ANOTHER scab, who produces AND writes, so that he can essentially do Dena's job, because she still sucks at it, ON TOP of doing HIS own job as well...

INSTEAD OF...

Just firing the common denominator in ALL of that, who is Dena, the queen of suckage.

That sums it up. Basically, Corday's just the biggest fucktard in all the land.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Tammy

INSTEAD OF...

You got it!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Just the facts! LOL!! LIES. Look at the timing, people. This reminds me of LET'S INVADE IRAQ, 'YO.... weapons of mass distraction. They "let" him quit.

Tammy
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 20 2008, 11:06 PM
Just the facts! LOL!! LIES. Look at the timing, people. This reminds me of LET'S INVADE IRAQ, 'YO.... weapons of mass distraction. They "let" him quit.
So basically the options were, "We will LET you quit" or "We WILL fire you" lmao :P

Gregorzick

Tammy
Aug 20 2008, 11:10 PM
hunterforrester
Aug 20 2008, 11:06 PM
So basically the options were, "We will LET you quit" or "We WILL fire you" lmao :P
Of Course, those were the two options!!! Why else would Y&R be blowing smoke out it's ass?!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

And why this week?!?! I'm soooo over it. People who lie make me sick. Say it and move on; we're not curing cancer.

brimike

Tammy

INSTEAD OF...

Marry me. :wub2:

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

NO, Tammy is MARRYING ME!

Tammy
Member Avatar

I would marry just about anybody at this point in time lmao ;)

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I just married Dena!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply