Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds 911: Josh Griffith fired! Scott out!; TVGC Exclusive
Topic Started: Aug 17 2008, 06:01 PM (9,087 Views)
Mason

hunterforrester
Aug 21 2008, 01:35 AM
I just married Dena!
What did she drug you with? LoL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Aug 20 2008, 03:27 PM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2008, 02:14 AM
hunterforrester
Aug 20 2008, 01:38 AM
I have requests in with Ken, Scott, and Higley. Let's see. I hear Corday wants to speak BUT he's on vacation again!
The dimwit is always on vacation. It's no wonder the show is a mess behind the scenes. It's ok to take time off here or there but he seems to take a vacation every month LOL. He's the EP. He's supposed to be the leader. I know historically he's left things in the co-EP's hands but now is the time where he needs to be there. No wonder why he has no damn idea what to do and constantly changes gears. It makes me wonder if he wants to change stories and backtrack everytime he returns from vacation. Perhaps he loses track or something? :shrug: . To me, it's like he's afraid to be around to address things with the media, cast, crew, etc. It's like he can't deal with taking responsibility for things. He pins the blame on everyone else and takes credit when things go well.

Anyway, that press release is atrocious. Tomlin is great and I think he will do well but he doesn't come off like an actor's producer. Ed did. You could tell. He challenged the actors, vouched for them, etc. I just hope Gary pushes to keep the talent we have that Ed brought on. That would help.

As for Griffith, the confirmation will come when they have a replacement. Unlike Days, Y&R actually tries to keep things in house still and is still being successful in most cases until they want things to come out.
Ed Scott is the SOLE reason Days was recognized at the Emmys this year. Maybe it wasn't because of talent, but that alone proves how amazing he was for the show. (And yes, I'm aware the Emmys have nothing to do with the final product)

Corday's press release for Ed Scott was pretty much identical to the one he gave Steve Wyman, and THAT is ATROCIOUS!!! I understand that Ken had to make an Ed vs. Dena decision in the end, and while I don't AGREE with his final call, I still think Ed deserved a better send-off than THAT load of garbage.

As for Ken always being on "vacation"... I don't know what to say. Except Ken's on "vacation" as often as Roscoe Born "has the sniffles"

(And that's coming form a Born fan, so don't chase me down with torches for saying so)

Anybody who follows the soap press knows that Corday only shows up in the press when the shit hits the fan. Otherwise, he's "on vacation". This whole Scott/Higley debacle could have been avoided if THE MAN UPSTAIRS SHOWED UP TO WORK ONCE IN A WHILE. I mean, really... we all saw this coming MONTHS ago, but Corday was nowhere to be found.

Yet he's also the guy who steps and changes stories on a whim.

Know what I think? I think Ken Corday just swoops in once every two months, throws the deck of cards in the air and says ":52 Pick-Up! GO!" and then hightails it out of there so he doesn't have to deal with it. I mean, seriously. This is a guy who got handed his parents' creation while he was in his twenties. I know *I* couldn't handle that responsibility at that age.

But I could be way wrong. I just needed to rant. :D
Fantastic post :hail: .

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tammy
Aug 20 2008, 10:05 PM
So let me see if I have this straight.

Dena, who was scabbing, got OUT of trouble FOR scabbing by tattling on Ed Scott....

Ed Scott gets fired, for essentially doing Dena's job, because she sucks at it, on TOP of doing his own job...

Then Corday goes and hires ANOTHER scab, who produces AND writes, so that he can essentially do Dena's job, because she still sucks at it, ON TOP of doing HIS own job as well...

INSTEAD OF...

Just firing the common denominator in ALL of that, who is Dena, the queen of suckage.

Did I get all of that right? lol
Wow...you were blunt yet you hit the nail right on the head.

I may be enjoying the show but I still recognize how disgusting this mess is. When you put it like that, it makes me sick to my stomach. Both shows are a mess behind the scenes and I think, in alot of ways, the pressure of trying to save daytime and soaps is the driving force. In their desperation, people can do stupid things because they feel they need to do whatever it takes and that seems to be the case here. While I understand the motivation, more harm is done then gone so it's all for nothing anyway.

Errol

My head hurts from all this drama! One show releases the weirdest press statement I've ever read, another barely opens their mouth and just as much said nothing. Depending on how they were asked, the response doesn't seem normal, personally.

Do I think Josh is out? No. Do I think he is on his way out? Heck yes.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Sara A. Bibel has this to say on her recent blog:

http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/08/deep_soa...re_is.html#more

Quote:

The Rashomon Effect
Was The Young & The Restlessís Executive Producer Josh Griffith fired? Did he quit? Is he still there? All of the above, according to my sources. I may end up with egg on my face like all the others who have ventured into this morass, but Iím going to take the plunge. Apparently, Griffith voiced his displeasure with head writer Maria Bellís stories to TPTB including the man who cuts his paycheck, Bill Bell Jr. At one point he wanted to quit, but then he reconsidered. It didn't make for a harmonious workplace. Finally, Bell Jr. decided to put everyone out of their misery by letting Griffith go. He has been informed and is still on the job until his contract expires in early September.
The WGA did phone the show about the allegations that he was rewriting scripts, but that was not a major factor in his dismissal. Tomorrow everyone could kiss and make-up, and Iíll look like an idiot. Each person, myself included, who has reported on this has relied on sources who only knew part of the story. Every version has some elements of the truth but isnít a complete picture, like the movie Rashomon.

ges
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 20 2008, 10:09 PM
Tammy
Aug 20 2008, 10:05 PM
So let me see if I have this straight.

Dena, who was scabbing, got OUT of trouble FOR scabbing by tattling on Ed Scott....

Ed Scott gets fired, for essentially doing Dena's job, because she sucks at it, on TOP of doing his own job...

Then Corday goes and hires ANOTHER scab, who produces AND writes, so that he can essentially do Dena's job, because she still sucks at it, ON TOP of doing HIS own job as well...

INSTEAD OF...

Just firing the common denominator in ALL of that, who is Dena, the queen of suckage.

Did I get all of that right? lol
That sums it up. Basically, Corday's just the biggest fucktard in all the land.
that's it in a nutshell. Great Post!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Wow Tammy; nail/head.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply