Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds 911: Josh Griffith fired! Scott out!; TVGC Exclusive
Topic Started: Aug 17 2008, 06:01 PM (9,364 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Only the talentless survive in soaps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Steve Frame
Aug 17 2008, 07:03 PM
Okay I am just thinking about something here - what if we have blamed Corday for all the interference in writing and it really hasn't been him? What if it has been his co-EP's all along?

I mean if Corday was overseeing the writing as we have all believed and not just business end of things - then how in the hell did Ed Scott get to do this stuff anyway?

Follow me here when I researched Corday's time with the show earlier today it didn't even dawn on me then, but look at it.

Corday was pretty good as Days EP from 85 to about 99 when Langan took over the HW job and Wyman moved more into Langan's job all alone.

2000 is when the show really started to fall apart as far as balance and writing and the like.

From 2000 to 2007 when Wyman was the EP the show was always inconsistent - things always seemed to start and then change.

In comes Edward Scott, he and Hogan seem to gel and things start to come together. Hogan and Ed probably worked well together and had a similar goal in mind - Hogie in essence was on Ed's side of things. Together they were working to unseat Corday and overrule him on the show.

Corday fights back and hires a HW who will look after his interest on the show and not Scott and Sony.

Guess what the writing falls apart again. The reason I think so is that Ed Scott is overseeing the show while Corday is dealing with the business and financial side of things - just like his Mother did. She let Kenney and Rabin look after the production of the show and she took care of the business side of things - thus they were often called Supervising Executive Producers.

Scott has been heavily interfering with Higley and it shows onscreen - much like it did under JER's 2nd run and Hogan's run.

I just think Wyman was more the problem with the writing and stuff than Corday was the more I think about it. If Corday was the full problem I think the big problems we have seen since 2000 would have showed up a whole lot sooner than they did. But for 15 years, Corday to me was good for Days and really lead it to great success in the 90's.

I still think Ken has made some dumb decisions. I think he was the one who did choose to fire Brash & Cwikley and that was dumb. But some of the other stuff I am just not sure about anymore. I think he is just caught between fighting NBC and Sony and now is even having to fight the staff closest to him for control of his own show. There is no way in the world that all that is not going to show onscreen.
Steve, that is very thought provoking and you may be onto something.

I have never understood why someone would intentionally wreck their show like many think Corday has?

It would be like you intentionally sabotaging your printing company? Never made sense to me. :shrug:
Edited by Rick, Aug 17 2008, 07:16 PM.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

It should end by saying MTSRocks IN!

Kenny
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
BTW, Kenny, I HEART DAN. I want a leading man like him on daytime! Oh, wait, that takes insight and creativity!
LoL, isn't he just adorable?! He has the kind of face and personality that makes you just wanna cuddle up to him for hours and whisper sweet nothings...

Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 17 2008, 07:11 PM
Corday is never THERE! He leaves on long trips for three months and then comes back and makes grande decisions so people think he's in charge (Beemer/Madison).
No wonder there's such a need for a co-EP.

I hate Corday. I wish he'd go bankrupt.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

hunterforrester
Aug 17 2008, 06:01 PM
DAMN IT TO HELL!!! I KNEW it was going to be bad news for Y&R! The DAYS stuff was discouraging enough! Thanks for giving us the news though, Nelson! Even though it's bad, I appreciate you informing us!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Corday owns Days and Y&R he's richer than God, he wants out. He wants to be free of soaps.

Paul8148

Why is it then he runs Days into the ground but leaves Y&R untouch?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 17 2008, 07:14 PM
Only the talentless survive in soaps.
TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER WRITTEN!!!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Paul8148
Aug 17 2008, 07:22 PM
Why is it then he runs Days into the ground but leaves Y&R untouch?
Corday only owns a 1% stake in Y&R, the Bell's and Sony own the majority share.

Paul8148

DC needs to retaped their 10 Best Ways to Fix Days Podcast (assuming they taped it already)

Paul8148

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=31817970&blogID=424665814

Here is Tom C. posting it true, for are those non believers out there.

Kenny
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 17 2008, 07:21 PM
Corday owns Days and Y&R he's richer than God, he wants out. He wants to be free of soaps.
Well by all means... fucking QUIT!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

1 percent still makes him one rich man, along with his ownership of Days, and royalties of his music, etc.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

JANALH
Thanks for posting, Nelson. I'm really worried for the future of Days.....
DITTO! And NOW I'm worried for Y&R too! I like the idea of Shaugnessy coming back! I DREAD the idea of RAUCH being let anywhere near the number one soap just as it's rebounding! I was STUNNED and SICKENED to read that he had been hired as a consultant! I was doing CARTWHEELS at the news that his contract lapsed! PLEASE,PLEASE keep this POMPOUS, ARROGANT, EGOMANIACAL DICTATOR with his reverse Midas Touch FAR away from Genoa City! They think GRIFFITH was interfering? The RELIQUARY saga will be known as "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" if PR gets the reigns!!

Paul8148

I have a feeling that Life is General got their season 2 storylines from this mess through.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Paul8148
Aug 17 2008, 07:36 PM
I have a feeling that Life is General got their season 2 storylines from this mess through.
You couldn't MAKE this crap up! If LIG does use this for a storyline, it will be a HUGE hit!!

Kenny
Member Avatar

What is "Life is General?"

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 17 2008, 07:26 PM
hunterforrester
Aug 17 2008, 07:21 PM
Well by all means... fucking QUIT!
There are SEVERAL people I'd like to tell that to!!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paul8148
Aug 17 2008, 07:26 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=31817970&blogID=424665814

Here is Tom C. posting it true, for are those non believers out there.
LOL. Terry. Hell may spurt fire and brimstone on the Days studio, but as long as Terry loves Molly Burnett, life is good! :huh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply