Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Roscoe Born fired!
Topic Started: Aug 18 2008, 03:09 AM (3,787 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

According to a new report at Soap Opera Network, Days of Our Lives has fired Roscoe Born (Trent Robbins). His exit is said to be storyline dictated.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

Well that just sucks. They only have him for a few months and don't get to get much out of him? Booo.

Any chance this has anything to do with Ed Scott being canned? Ie. a "hey scott, you brought this guy in, so we're firing him, and fuck you!" type of thing?

sungrey

I have a feeling this may not be the last firing. Brace yourself. This could get very ugly. :(

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Aw, GEEZ! They bring in these good actors and then.............
Aw, Geez............This is nuts. Good thing the spoilers for OLTL are starting to look good. Back and forth and back and forth..........

cjknick
Member Avatar

WTH - He was great! That storyline was just getting interesting because of him! Apparently they want the Max and Nicole storyline to go in a different direction.

Ponz
Member Avatar

The role always seemed to be short-term. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a November Sweeps murder mystery.

kserox10

What a waste!!!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ponz
Aug 18 2008, 06:16 AM
The role always seemed to be short-term. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a November Sweeps murder mystery.
My guess is if it were to be short term they would not have used the word FIRED! TB wasn't fired it was just the end of her short term agreement.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I never expected RB to be hanging around long but fired does sound harsh (though I think they didn't use fired for TB because it was the her decision to make her role short term).

As long as this is what they planned and are not rushing it I'm fine. I'd love a murder mystery though I think the show could have waited a bit to let Melanie be "used" by her father so she could be a suspect, maybe even having Nick as one now too. Of course you have Nicole and Max and maybe even EJ.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

What the fuck is wrong with this show, fucking retards in charge. First they waste him with pathetic max and stephanie then it looked promising with Nicole but they have repeated the same scene with Trent and Nicole over and over.

EVERYDAY I LOSE MORE AND MORE HOPE FOR THIS SHOW TO SURVIVE

Ponz
Member Avatar

cjknick
Aug 18 2008, 08:17 AM
Ponz
Aug 18 2008, 06:16 AM
My guess is if it were to be short term they would not have used the word FIRED! TB wasn't fired it was just the end of her short term agreement.
I wasn't implying that RB was on a short-term contract, just that Trent was always written as a short-term character (no real redeeming features, making enemies of everyone etc.) TB wasn't "fired" because she wanted the role to be short-term.

Days4Life

I agree that RB always felt like a short-term role so I'm not really surprised. He does seem to have been wasted because the character has more potential than has been realized. It seems he was just used to bring on Melanie. However, I do feel some storylines have changed direction recently so maybe they had planned to explore the Nicole/Trent connection more and now the story has changed. With all the backstage drama, it's hard to know what's going on at DAYS any more.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I do like Roscoe but I hate the character of Trent. So I'm not sad he's leaving. I wouldn't be surprised either if we have a murder mystery coming up.

In a perfect world Max would kill him. Stephanie would cover it up. Max & Stephanie get caught and are sent to jail for life and never return to DAYS.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pagraves
Member Avatar

:angry:

There's so much more that could be done with the character of Trent (and the actor Roscoe Born). Why axe him now?

jcar03
Member Avatar

This topic was already started in the news section.

ETA: Now my comment doesn't make any sense, lol.
Edited by jcar03, Aug 18 2008, 01:13 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well he didn't last long..This sucks...But like Ponz i hope to get a murder mystery out of this...

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Aug 18 2008, 08:42 AM
What the fuck is wrong with this show, fucking retards in charge.
LoL, Dena Higley returned to work. That's what's wrong.

The woman blows.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Someone actually posted in that Hinsey/Jossip thread about Born's problems on set and that's when I actually knew he probably wouldn't last much longer.

Then someone posted last night in another thread here at the DR that he had been fired. I used that info to torment Terry at the Soapnet boards. <insert evil grin>

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 18 2008, 03:09 AM
According to a new report at Soap Opera Network, Days of Our Lives has fired Roscoe Born (Trent Robbins). His exit is said to be storyline dictated.

Posted Image
This was the first thing I saw when I got online. Terry posted it at my shout box. He's really pissed. LOL!

Thanks Kenny! His role was short term so I don't see it as a big deal. It's shame Higley & company couldn't write a proper story for him.

I also expect to see more of Ed Scott's people getting the boot. :(

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

So Dena got 3 points and we're still a ZERO?! Ugh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply