Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Roscoe Born fired!
Topic Started: Aug 18 2008, 03:09 AM (3,496 Views)
Red Mist
Member Avatar

Good actor, but I am glad to see the character go...The SL he was in was just plain stupid...bye bye

Thanks Kenny
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

In a perfect world Max would kill him. Stephanie would cover it up. Max & Stephanie get caught and are sent to jail for life and never return to DAYS.

I like this scenario! :D

I'm wondering if this is the first round of firings - if we'll have more fallout to come as DH resumes control.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ponz
Aug 18 2008, 06:16 AM
The role always seemed to be short-term. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a November Sweeps murder mystery.
so that they can turn up to not be dead at all, again.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

brimike
Aug 18 2008, 03:11 PM
Terrible Tom, Mitch Laurence, and the prison warden on Passions (ETA: add Jim on AMC to that list) might as well be Trent, just with different wardrobes. He lost his appeal to me a long time ago.
That statement is just sooo beyond wrong.

The difference between Tom Fisher and Mitch Lawrence is like night and day. Tom Fisher was very three dimensional, he just wasn't a good guy. Those are the best kinds of characters.
Edited by Drew, Aug 18 2008, 09:18 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Drew
Aug 18 2008, 09:16 PM
Ponz
Aug 18 2008, 06:16 AM
The role always seemed to be short-term. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a November Sweeps murder mystery.
so that they can turn up to not be dead at all, again.
Bingo. I mean, they put Stefano in some type of paralytic state and "fired" Joe, only to bring him back. They "fired" Drake and 'killed" John off. They "fired" Linden Ashbey and "killed" Paul Hollingsworth. So far, the only dead guys lately to stay dead are Vitale, Benji, and Bart!
Now, if this was unplanned, but a behavior issue, I could see that. Nothing about this crazy show surprises me anymore.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

A 'Whodunnit" murder is approaching

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I was talking with my grandma about Roscoe leaving. She said she wanted to see a storyline with Caroline having a breakdown because of all the grief she's suffered this year. And the breakdown causes her to kill Trent. It would give Victor & Caroline a great storyline.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Drew
Aug 18 2008, 09:17 PM
brimike
Terrible Tom, Mitch Laurence, and the prison warden on Passions (ETA: add Jim on AMC to that list) might as well be Trent, just with different wardrobes. He lost his appeal to me a long time ago.

The difference between Tom Fisher and Mitch Lawrence is like night and day. Tom Fisher was very three dimensional, he just wasn't a good guy. Those are the best kinds of characters.
I've got to agree with that! Just because an actor is playing a "bad guy", it doesn't mean he's playing the same role over each time! Judith Chapman's Gloria is MILES away from her Natalie, Charlotte, Anjelica etc! They were all villainess roles but she brought something different to each one IMO! I didn't see Born on PASSIONS or the other short term roles so I can't speak to those! His work on THE CITY was great and he WAS a good guy back then! His Joe Novack on RH was layered too! I agree that the scenes with Trent and Nicole were getting repetitive and were damaging to her character but even as Trent, I thought Born VERY occasionally made you wonder if the guy had a soul in there! The scene with Max where Trent spoke of watching Shawn Brady with the child Max was one of those moments! It degenerated into snarling and verbal abuse but there was that instant of ambiguity!

Mason

darraholic
Aug 19 2008, 09:30 AM
I was talking with my grandma about Roscoe leaving. She said she wanted to see a storyline with Caroline having a breakdown because of all the grief she's suffered this year. And the breakdown causes her to kill Trent. It would give Victor & Caroline a great storyline.
I would LOVE that!

lilacwine
Member Avatar

Born when he's good is eerie....

I feel bad that he must have some personal demons that bring him down, but I've suspected it's how he reaches into that "dark" place that he connects to.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I never expected him to last long anyway.

Seriously, his story was huge to start but he's served his purpose. Melanie is here now and was introduced through him. There really isn't much to do with Max and him and the Nicole thing can be wrapped up easily soon. I said when he started watch him either go out in a blaze of glory by kidnapping someone and getting killed or watch him be at the center of a murder mystery. It's definitely not going to be a quiet exit. I do think they were considering him for Ava's father but went for Penny and wanted to give him something (maybe it was Ed or Marnie that did given the Y&R connection) so they gave him this. It reeked of short-term and I do think they used the Trent character to push the idea of Stax not being related.

It's a shame because Roscoe is talented. He just never seems to last on any show and always playing the bad guy doesn't help either. I have always heard he has issues so I'm sure that comes into play.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic
That would be great. I guess we can dream :laugh: . Caroline has been used more this year though and she was used in the Max/Trent stuff so there is hope that she may be involved at least.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 20 2008, 02:19 AM.

lolalot

Drew
brimike

I agree. I thought they were different types of villians. Mitch was cartoonish but Terrible Tom was like a real person, he was just a bad man who everybody hated. I hope Roscoe goes back to OLTL to complete the Allison Perkins secret SL. I love Mitch!

daisysmommy

darraholic
Grandma oughta apply for a job over at the studio. I have a feeling there're some openings!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Honestly, the only time I have liked one of Roscoe's characters was when he was on The City lol.

brimike

Grandpa Hughes
Aug 19 2008, 11:09 AM
Drew
brimike

I've got to agree with that! Just because an actor is playing a "bad guy", it doesn't mean he's playing the same role over each time! Judith Chapman's Gloria is MILES away from her Natalie, Charlotte, Anjelica etc! They were all villainess roles but she brought something different to each one IMO! I didn't see Born on PASSIONS or the other short term roles so I can't speak to those! His work on THE CITY was great and he WAS a good guy back then! His Joe Novack on RH was layered too! I agree that the scenes with Trent and Nicole were getting repetitive and were damaging to her character but even as Trent, I thought Born VERY occasionally made you wonder if the guy had a soul in there! The scene with Max where Trent spoke of watching Shawn Brady with the child Max was one of those moments! It degenerated into snarling and verbal abuse but there was that instant of ambiguity!
True enough, but there are different ways an actor can delineate the characters they play that have nothing to do with writing OR with whether they're good guys or bad guys, and that's what I was basing that on, in terms of voice inflectiion, mannerisms, body language. Born used to deliver on all three counts once upon a time. I haven't seen him put forth much of an effort since... probably around the time he was on AMC.

King
Member Avatar

Good!

This storyline SUCKED.

It's best to cut their losses.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Tammy
Aug 20 2008, 11:07 PM
Honestly, the only time I have liked one of Roscoe's characters was when he was on The City lol.
I loved the way Terrible Tom tortured GloHo, but it still pisses me off to no end that Tom was basically the cause of John Abbott's death..........

Trent Robbins sucked the big one!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I have to admit that the Trent storyline was a big bust! It introduced a new young character who could be fun if they don't "redeem" her the way they did with Chelsea! But I hated seeing Nicole turn into a whiny victim when she was so much fun as a devil my care party girl!! I like RB but Trent wasn't a great character!

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I do enjoy seeing some of the recent actors that have guest appeared on the show though some were too short lived. Trent is a slime ball and Mel is turning out to be just as big a loser. Just what we need on Days is another empty headed over sexed party girl. Golly aren't Chels and Stef enough? I can handle Chels better that Stef though. Back to Trent... he is a low life sponge as I see it and I'll just bet he is after Nicks hard work not to mention bedding Nicole. Slimy, yes but somewhat interesting only because I want to know more about him and Nicole not to mention his past with Max's mother and who the mother of Mel is. Sadly as I see it though Trent is in a bind and he has one foot nailed to the floor and is going around in circles. I want TPTB to give the man more rope so he can really hang himself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply