Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Petition Please Sign; Censorship at the NBC DOOL Fansite
Topic Started: Aug 18 2008, 09:25 PM (3,000 Views)
aimees76
Member Avatar

Ponz
Aug 22 2008, 08:12 AM
I don't post on NBC and agree that the place is a cess pool. However, I'm a little confused about this petition. I've been told that the Lumi fanbase consists of 2 people and their multiple usernames. How can a fanbase that tiny control the message board of a major television network? :unsure:

LMAO.

I stopped going to that board a long time ago, but it wasn't the moderators that made it unbearable, or made me feel like I couldn't express my honest opinion. Its interesting that the problem with individual people, that hold a "job" of moderator, is being attached to Lumi. I know so many Lumi fans that stopped posting at that site before me, and even more after. If there is bias, I wouldn't blame a fan base for a coupling, but the individuals showing the bias in general.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Implosion

Lumi, Ejami, Jarlena...etc it is all the same. The issue is the inconsistent moderation of the boards moderators and the bias that they choose to ascribe to particular fanbases. The very essence of moderation is to be unbiased, something of which the moderators of the NBC Board are unable to be, as they are hired from one fanbase or another. I think that a truely professional board would be one where moderators are hired based on the fact that they can exercise unbiased rulings on particular problematic posts. That is why the petition calls for some form of appeals process to be put into place so that the moderators of the board do not solely hold the power to make determinations...as they clearly are incapable of making them.

Lets not digress this discussion into a fanbase thing...I used the example as a means to illustrate the unfairness of it all. If you read the petition letter it makes reference to the need to establish an appeals process. To date I think I have asked the moderators several times a) what the rationale of their decision was in moving posts and b) who I can speak to that is in charge of them....to no avail I receive nothing back from them. Is this how any board should be run?
Offline Profile Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

While I do agree that the NBC DOOL board is a mess of a cesspool, it is waaaaaaaaayyyy tamer compared to SoapsCommunity (where the Mods/Admins bully and belittle you non-stop) and Dustin's former board (if you think the NBC DOOL board posters are rude and vile, YIPES! You ain't seen nothing!).
Offline Profile Goto Top

alabama4ejami

I signed it. Hope it helps. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

WOW! Because I said the in Rachel Melvin's thread(About her recent blog) that how the members should read that blog since they like to trash her and Kristen Alfonso about their weight... I said if it was Dee Hall, or BD they were trashing, the mods would have killed them all alive. What do you know? I cannot post anymore! Do I care? Nope!

They can all rot in hell. They will all get there karma and I hope they enjoy every second of it.

And I don't give a shit if they are reading this - They should read the petition and see how many people they have pissed off.

Btw, LOL, the petition is beginning to sound like the Jossip thread - LMAO
I read one of the mods stalked another member because they trashed a certain couple. This mod used this users IP to find out where he/she lives at and they sent them threatening emails. WOW!
You see, they learned alot from Marlena. She's good at these things.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Aug 26 2008, 04:46 PM
WOW! Because I said the in Rachel Melvin's thread(About her recent blog) that how the members should read that blog since they like to trash her and Kristen Alfonso about their weight... I said if it was Dee Hall, or BD they were trashing, the mods would have killed them all alive. What do you know? I cannot post anymore! Do I care? Nope!

They can all rot in hell. They will all get there karma and I hope they enjoy every second of it.

And I don't give a shit if they are reading this - They should read the petition and see how many people they have pissed off.

Btw, LOL, the petition is beginning to sound like the Jossip thread - LMAO
I read one of the mods stalked another member because they trashed a certain couple. This mod used this users IP to find out where he/she lives at and they sent them threatening emails. WOW!
You see, they learned alot from Marlena. She's good at these things.
Funny, mods can't see the IPs of members LOL! :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Implosion

Mods do not necessarily have to see IP addresses to "stalk" members of the NBC Dool Fan Board. Many members, if not most, use the same id or name on other boards. if the said mod went to those boards it is not inconceivable for them to make life difficult for particular members who they were in disharmony with at the NBC Fan Board.

All and all, I am just astounded that opinions on a soap are not upheld and that there is not a third party arbitrator for which members can appeal the decisions of the moderators at the NBC DOOL fan board. The NBC Dool Fan Board is after all for and about all of the soap....that means the good comments and the bad comments...

I think there is a huge issue where members voices are censored by the removal of thier posts and the moving of their posts to less prominant areas on the site...depending on what fanbase they are in support of. Dissention or rather a fruitful debate, inspired by the storylines of the soap and its characters should be for one and all and there should be no area of the soap which fans are unable to discuss....discussion is what makes the soap stonger not to mention the over all appreciation of the form and substance of the medium. As well, NBC as the network that airs the program Days of Our Lives has an over all fiduciary responsibility to ensure that we the members of that site are treated in a fair and equitable manner. That being said I do not think that that fiduciary responsibility is being carried out by the moderators of the site.

I am sorry Rake that you have been banned, I think that you can only enliven sites...it is truely a sad day that you are unable to post there.

I am firm in my resolve that we should now up the ante and start writing the NBC Execs about the travesty called moderation that is occuring over at the NBC Dool Fan Board.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Implosion

Here Here Shiningstar!
I wish I had as much nerve as you for calling people on thier shhhhhhhht! You get what you give, or so the saying goes. Perhaps if the mods over at NBC took more time to understand, question, probe, and use their general online faciliation skills to get the most out of posters and their posts...rather then to assume, judge, and delete, more posters would be in support of the work that they do over at the NBC site. More importantly few people would be discontent with the treatment and overall attitude.

My measure of a person and their worth is the way that they treat others, and most importantly how they actively listen to the subtext of what a person is saying. Few people are as articulate as some of the politicians that we see on our telly's, so it is important to give people the benefit of the doubt before we castigate them to the thread of never never land.

That being said you are my personal hero for today.
Imp
Offline Profile Goto Top

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Aug 26 2008, 08:40 AM
While I do agree that the NBC DOOL board is a mess of a cesspool, it is waaaaaaaaayyyy tamer compared to SoapsCommunity (where the Mods/Admins bully and belittle you non-stop) and Dustin's former board (if you think the NBC DOOL board posters are rude and vile, YIPES! You ain't seen nothing!).
LOL! When I first began reading this thread I started to laugh. I was thinking to myself that it sounded more like the SC board than the NBC board. SC is much worse by far for favoritism and censorship, the moderators there are facists and you're right they try to bully and belittle you.

Some people wouldn't have gotten into trouble there if it weren't for selective censorship of the almighty moderator "G" and her favorite few who are allow to run wild and say whatever pops into their little heads and get away with it. But don't dare answer them back or heaven forbid get the best of one of the chosen few or you'll find yourself with a host of infractions or possibly banned and the favorites still roam free, saying whatever they like.

I didn't sign the petition I don't think NBC is all that bad, now draft one for SC and I'll be the first to sign.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CindyJean
Member Avatar

This particular group - Daytime Royalty is the worst at being a click. I don't like much of what happens at NBC. But it isn't like it's the only place. I've never seen anywhere as bad as it gets here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

downwhtone
Member Avatar

^ So then why are you here if we're so horrible? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

e83talus
Member Avatar

As someone who joined this board out of frustration from the SC board, I would have to say DR is much better. I like to see others opinions and hear their point of view as long as they are respectful and somewhat valid. I think debates between viewers are healthy for the show. I get a little frustrated when some people tell me I have to watch days for the entire show and not because I love Jarlena but i can deal with that. That is someone else's opinion.

I don't post very much on the NBC board but some of the people on there are not as well informed about the show or its history and I hate to have a discussion with someone who doesn't know their characters history.

The SC board on the other hand only allows people to say, "I love so and so" or I hate so and so".
While you are not allowed to point out the fact that most people on that board who hate Marlena, also just happen to have loved Isabella and loved John and Ava, and John and Kate, you can make unintelligent and untrue comments like Marlena is an abusive parent or claim that she is going to hell for cheating on her husband 16 years ago! I hate that board. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

downwhtone
Sep 5 2008, 02:18 PM
^ So then why are you here if we're so horrible? :shrug:
ITA! The DR is where we can express our opinions without being censored. We have Freedom of Speech here. :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
Sep 5 2008, 01:38 PM
This particular group - Daytime Royalty is the worst at being a click. I don't like much of what happens at NBC. But it isn't like it's the only place. I've never seen anywhere as bad as it gets here.
Ms. Palin is that you?? :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Pearly
Sep 5 2008, 04:25 PM
CinderAngelkc
Ms. Palin is that you?? :drunk:
LMAO
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Ok people lets remember to keep this thread on topic and refrain from attacking other members of the DR.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

CinderAngelkc
This is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to having it, but it's really not the smartest idea to join a forum and then bash it by saying you've never seen a place that's worse.

If you have issues with our community, feel free to PM myself or one of the other administrators to let us know what's on your mind or to offer suggestions on how to improve the forum. We'll be more than happy to listen. However, comments like this on the forum are pretty rude to all the posters and everyone on staff, and I would appreciate it if you could show a little more respect. Please and thank you. :)
Online Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

ATTENTION!

We do not and will not tolerate members attacking other members on this forum. If you have an issue with a moderator from another community, you need to address it with that person privately on the proper forum. Do not attack them here.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic