Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Behind-The-Scenes, "Daytime for Obama" photo shoot; B&B, DAYS, Y&R
Topic Started: Aug 19 2008, 02:50 AM (1,287 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Interviews and pictures.

http://www.michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/newsItem.cfm?cms_news_id=70
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

My gosh, Leslie Kay is HOT
Edited by Rick, Aug 19 2008, 03:55 AM.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

It is very ufortunate when art and entertainmet enter into politics, turns me off bigtime. Politics just soil everything.

Ponz
Member Avatar

I know they mean well but this sort of thing hurts Obama more than it helps him. A bunch of Hollywood celebs prancing around in BO underwear is not going to play well in the rust belt, lol.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

While I enjoy seeing the stars I dislike them airing their political ideals in this fashion or lack there of. I find the underwear distasteful and while it is the views of the actors involved IMO it doesn't bode well for the candidate.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I agree, I hate it when celebs give their political views....just stick to acting....we can figure out who we want to vote for.

sungrey

Stick to acting, all of you. If Obama gets in and blows it, you're all going to look like fools.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I disagree with you guys -

So what if they want to let the public knows who they support? What's wrong with that? I had lots of Hillary stickers. LOL!
I'm sure a ton of you let people know who you're voting for and this and that.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I don't really care for it either but I don't think it will hurt Obama since the media won't catch on to it since it is soap stars.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Damn Blake Berris could slide sideways through a crack in the wall...... :blink:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 19 2008, 12:18 PM
Damn Blake Berris could slide sideways through a crack in the wall...... :blink:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Actors and other entertainers are just as American as any other American citizen and have every right to voice their support of political candidates. I think those that are pissed off with celebrities supporting political candidates usually are just pissed that those said celebrities are not supporting their choice of candidate (usually a Republican being pissed off at Democrat celebrities imho). Good for these daytime stars to support Obama, hopefully our next President! However I do think it's a little distasteful to have his pic on underwear though, lol.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mulder
Aug 19 2008, 06:08 PM
Actors and other entertainers are just as American as any other American citizen and have every right to voice their support of political candidates. I think those that are pissed off with celebrities supporting political candidates usually are just pissed that those said celebrities are not supporting their choice of candidate (usually a Republican being pissed off at Democrat celebrities imho). Good for these daytime stars to support Obama, hopefully our next President! However I do think it's a little distasteful to have his pic on underwear though, lol.
ITA!!! :rockon:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sorry, guys, this SUCKS.

Why? Because it's so FUCKING biased. The soap press always cover Daytime for Choice but I rarely if EVER hear the flip side.

If there's no Daytime for McCain, or something, SOMETHING to offset the Dem message, then the soap press, including Mr. Fairman's Web site, sucks.It's not fair, it's heavy-handed and agenda-driven.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't mind this. It's their opinion. I'm sure some in Hollywood will do things for McCain. They are people just like us so why not?

The underwear thing is a bit tacky but it's original. Kay and Renton look hot. They all do. Berris is refreshing because he's just a normal person. He doesn't have the typical soap hunk body and I'm glad he doesn't shy away from it. He's very thin but some are really that way. I wish soaps had more people like him. I'm sick of having the typical "model-looking" stars.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Obviously, actors have a right to their political voice. But, I'm old-fashioned. I think the underwear thing cheapens the whole political process idea. If the Dems don't want Obama to have this "Britney Spears rock star image" like John McCain accused him of in an ad, this doesn't help. Course, it was a scandal when Bill Clinton went on Arsenio, too. :D
Just ditch the underwear. (WHOOPS! Let me rephrase that...................)

Tammy
Member Avatar

It really doesn't bother me, if a star wants to show their choice for president its their right. I don't however, like the underwear thing. I find it tacky lol. IMO I dont think BO would be too thrilled seeing his face imprinted on anyone ass.

I just don't like things like this lol. Like when people wear underwear or bra's that have the American Flag pattern on them. :huh:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

ladyofthelake
Aug 20 2008, 06:07 AM
Obviously, actors have a right to their political voice. But, I'm old-fashioned. I think the underwear thing cheapens the whole political process idea. If the Dems don't want Obama to have this "Britney Spears rock star image" like John McCain accused him of in an ad, this doesn't help. Course, it was a scandal when Bill Clinton went on Arsenio, too. :D
Just ditch the underwear. (WHOOPS! Let me rephrase that...................)
THAT was funny! I remember the Arsenio/Clinton thing! I have to grudgingly admit to remembering the Richard Nixon/Laugh In thing although I WAS too young to hear or read of the fallout from that!

King
Member Avatar

GAG

ME

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2008, 02:32 AM
I don't mind this. It's their opinion. I'm sure some in Hollywood will do things for McCain. They are people just like us so why not?

The underwear thing is a bit tacky but it's original. Kay and Renton look hot. They all do. Berris is refreshing because he's just a normal person. He doesn't have the typical soap hunk body and I'm glad he doesn't shy away from it. He's very thin but some are really that way. I wish soaps had more people like him. I'm sick of having the typical "model-looking" stars.
Let me explain.

I'm NOT opposed to these stars voicing their opinion.

I AM, however, sick of seeing the soap press ignore the OTHER side.

You WILL alienate fans/readers/whatever, if you aren't fair (not as a star, as a media organization representing the stars' causes.)

This is FUCKING sick. Where's Daytime for McCain?!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply