Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Behind-The-Scenes, "Daytime for Obama" photo shoot; B&B, DAYS, Y&R
Topic Started: Aug 19 2008, 02:50 AM (1,365 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Maybe there is no "Daytime for McCain." Maybe nobody has organized such an event. Is the soap press to blame for not covering an even that hasn't happened?

I agree that journalisim should be balanced, but we aren't talking about SOD writing editorials about the presidential candidates, we're talking about some press coverage of some photo shoot. If there is evidence that a similar event was held for McCain and not covered, that's a different story.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I hate that "shut up and act/sing" BS.

As someone pointed out here, actors and entertainers alike are just as american as the rest of us and have every right to voice their opinion and support for who they choose.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 20 2008, 01:06 PM
Maybe there is no "Daytime for McCain." Maybe nobody has organized such an event. Is the soap press to blame for not covering an even that hasn't happened?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ITA!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

King
Aug 20 2008, 11:04 AM
GAG

ME
:funny: Was it the concept or some of the models that turned your stomach?

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

The underwear thing is super tacky. I have no problem with celebs expressing their political opinions. It's funny though that most celebs don't vote even when they lecture others to vote. Anyone who determines their vote by what a celeb thinks is a moron.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

hoochielicious
Aug 20 2008, 06:10 PM
The underwear thing is super tacky. I have no problem with celebs expressing their political opinions. It's funny though that most celebs don't vote even when they lecture others to vote. Anyone who determines their vote by what a celeb thinks is a moron.
And THAT is REALLY the bottom line! Celebs have every right to express their political views as do we all! But why should we CARE more about what they think than we do about the opinions of the guy down the street? I don't try to sway anyone over to my POV and hearing that a singer, movie actor or soap star is behind a candidate isn't going to move me in that direction!

Mason
Member Avatar

Here's my two cents. I'm an Obama supporter (before anyone accuses me of just being a bitter McCain backer), and even I'm not a fan of this. I just don't think it's fair for celebrities to be able use their status to try to sway the rest of the country to vote their way. Do I get a chance to nationally endorse the candidate I prefer? No. But does that make my opinion any less valuable than a celebrity's? Fuck no.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply