Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 9/1 *UPDATED 8/22*
Topic Started: Aug 19 2008, 02:52 PM (7,023 Views)
leelee
Member Avatar

Nothing turns me off quicker to a new couple than thier fans saying how we should like them and that they're the next Bope or whatever...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

leelee
Aug 31 2008, 02:29 PM
Nothing turns me off quicker to a new couple than thier fans saying how we should like them and that they're the next Bope or whatever...
WORD.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

leelee
:hail: :hail: :hail:

That, right along with how WRONG we are, or that we're smoking something, or we're watching different shows, or shit like that.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

kpuma
Aug 31 2008, 02:17 PM
I have been rooting for Daniel and Chelsea from day one - and I will continue to do so. I hope the writers realize what a terrible mistake they made in breaking up these two. But as Daniel said, this is a bump in the road. I'm hoping to see a great fall storyline with these two, working their way back to each other. I started watching Days over 20 year ago - and Daniel and Chelsea are the reason I am watching today.
Well, all I can say is, I'm glad I'm a general, all around Days fan. I cannot even fathom watching only for them, but hey. If you love them, more power to you.
But, terrible mistake? Is that an objective or subjective comment?

leelee
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 31 2008, 05:35 PM
leelee

That, right along with how WRONG we are, or that we're smoking something, or we're watching different shows, or shit like that.
ITA. It pisses me off when fans say that about their couple. It just pushes me farther away from Chan and closer to Date..and I don't like either one of them either. (how sad is that)? When people do that it usually does more harm to the couple than good. JMO. Not trying to force my views on anyone here. ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

leelee
Aug 31 2008, 05:46 PM
ladyofthelake
Aug 31 2008, 05:35 PM
leelee

ITA. It pisses me off when fans say that about their couple. It just pushes me farther away from Chan and closer to Date..and I don't like either one of them either. (how sad is that)? When people do that it usually does more harm to the couple than good. JMO. Not trying to force my views on anyone here. ;)
Ahhh, great minds think alike! :D
Seriously, in many ways, fanbases turn me off to couples I'm lukewarm about to begin with, or make me look at the couples in a more favorable light. There are fanbases who actually have reputations...for being difficult, for being obstinate, for being obsessed, for being overly sensitive and paranoid. These reputations did not develop in a vacuum. Did a fanbase turn me away from a couple I absolutely loved? Not really, because it's rare I become devoted to a couple per se. Although, I have been turned off to couples I might have ordinarily been fine with and would have enjoyed because of nastiness towards the "rival" fanbase. I learned my lesson during the Shimi/Shelle wars. The irony is.....for most of these, it'll end, one way or another. And yes, I have found people in these negative fanbases that, despite the reputation, I can be friends with or at least not have to feel defensive when I debate with them. I think sometimes they're embarrassed by the attitudes of others who represent their favorites.

By the same token, there are fanbases with reputations for being tolerate and funloving. One fanbase, in particular, has helped me enjoy their favorite actor in an entirely new light. If someone gets nasty or obsessive in these fanbases, the others squash them quickly instead of egging them on and encouraging them. I've actually seen it on boards when they've done that. They realize this is a show and that folks have opinions. In the end, the posters are the real people. The characters might look different or be in a matter of weeks.
Sigh....more ranting and preaching. LOL. But, hey, it's how I feel.

kpuma

Not sure if folks are responding to my post but I said that I like Daniel and Chelsea. Didn't say you had to. Didn't mention Bope. Neither is in my post at all. I support this couple and thought this is where folks go to give opinions. If you don't like them, that's cool. I respect that. I hope that posters respect those that do like them. But to say "it pisses you off" when fans of Daniel and Chelsea post or "nothing turns me off quicker to a new couple" than when fans post, well, that I don't agree with. Seems like viewers on both sides are very passionate. Passion is good.

leelee
Member Avatar

kpuma
Aug 31 2008, 06:02 PM
Not sure if folks are responding to my post but I said that I like Daniel and Chelsea. Didn't say you had to. Didn't mention Bope. Neither is in my post at all. I support this couple and thought this is where folks go to give opinions. If you don't like them, that's cool. I respect that. I hope that posters respect those that do like them. But to say "it pisses you off" when fans of Daniel and Chelsea post or "nothing turns me off quicker to a new couple" than when fans post, well, that I don't agree with. Seems like viewers on both sides are very passionate. Passion is good.
First of all I wasn't replying to your post. ;) And um..excuse me but I wasn't saying that just because Daniel and Chelsea fans post it pisses me off...when they try to force they're couple on me is when I get upset....NOT because they just post...
Edited by leelee, Aug 31 2008, 06:07 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

kpuma
Aug 31 2008, 06:02 PM
Then I apologize, if that's the tone is which you really meant it. Another problem with fanbases with not-so-good reputations: when someone of that fanbase SINCERELY posts an opposing opinion, many folks tend to get defensive because of past history.
Frankly, I could care less with whom Chelsea goes, although at one time, I preferred Nick and definitely do NOT like Daniel. My passion is in the na-na-na-na-boo-boo attitude of many posters who get all fired up at opposing viewpoints, posting en masse as various boards, and basically, going ballistic when people go against what they want.
I think it's not the POSTING by Chan fans that get many people riled up. It's that damn "we must be watching different shows", or "you must be smokin' something" or "you just hate them because of the age difference" "or "the writers make a mistake" (instead of "I feel the writers made a mistake"), especially when the opposing viewers take the time to explain WHY they don't care for Chan (and for most, it has little to do with age). You surely can understand that.
So, my apologies for jumping the gun.

ges
Member Avatar

I think if anybody is smoking funny cigarettes it's Higley, for coming up with this pairing in the first place.
Why would Chelsea ever want Daniel back after knowing that he has been sleeping with her grandmother. I'm sorry, but there is not enough therapy in the world to erase that visual. She looked preposterous in the lingerie, especiallly the black boa-feather slippers or whatever they were. jmho, of course.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply