Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:SOD Fall Preview
Topic Started: Aug 20 2008, 07:53 PM (2,653 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

NBC Senior VP of Daytime and Drama Programming, Bruce evans, gives a peek at what's ahead in Salem.

Sami/EJ/Nicole/Lucas/Chloe/Philip/Chloe: "The war between Sami and Lucas escalates, and Sami is not going to be pleased by the end result. She'll turn to EJ for support, but he's not quite ready to give up on Nicole yet. Nicole's livelihood will be threatened when certain skeletons in her closet are revealed. Lucas and Chloe's relationship will continue to blossom, but a romantic getaway will be cut short by a very unwelcome visitor. Morgan will find it harder and harder to fight her feelings for [Philip.]"

Second Chances
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

Is anyone else besides me a little perturbed that Bruce Evans is giving the Nov Sweeps preview?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

brimike
Aug 20 2008, 07:59 PM
Is anyone else besides me a little perturbed that Bruce Evans is giving the Nov Sweeps preview?
I don't know who that is.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This isn't November sweeps spoilers. I would guess that most if not all will be happening in September.

I hope someone posts the rest of them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Per these spoilers it's good to know that it seems Lucas and Sami are finite for good.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I figured we would get Corday doing these if we got them at all but I'm actually glad Bruce Evans is. Shows NBC still cares LOL. That's a good sign.

I want the rest of them though now that it sees we have them. This little blurb actually doesn't sound too bad. Sounds like Nicole's secret is exposed and it seems like the stuff here has a little more direction. I do agree with Angie in that most of this will likely be September stuff, much like we got last year which was basically a September preview. Then again, most soaps do that because they hate going too far in advance in case changes need to be made.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Wow.

That's all?

Absolutely, dreadfully boring. My head hit the fucking keyboard just READING them. I'd rather watch April and Ollie fuck 24/7 on the Big Brother feeds than watch any of that boring ass bullshit play out on my screen.

Days is screwed. Goddamn, they're screwed.

pixsy9

i am totally confused by these spoilers........does anybody know whats going on???

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

There is definitely more. They aren't just going to preview one story LOL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2008, 08:05 PM
I figured we would get Corday doing these if we got them at all but I'm actually glad Bruce Evans is. Shows NBC still cares LOL. That's a good sign.
LoL! Shows NBC still cares my ass.

Bruce giving the preview = Corday was too busy on vacation, Dena was too busy quitting and Ed was too busy being investigated. There was no other option, aside from maybe Ali S., LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2008, 08:09 PM
One story... that's what Days is anymore. Just one gloppy, boring mess of cum flying and whores intermingling all over the place.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2008, 08:05 PM
LoL! Shows NBC still cares my ass.

Bruce giving the preview = Corday was too busy on vacation, Dena was too busy quitting and Ed was too busy being investigated. There was no other option, aside from maybe Ali S., LoL.
Well, no one has to give a preview. None of the soaps did summer previews and I've seen some soaps refuse to give them when others did. The fact that an NBC exec would do it shows interest. If they just flat out didn't care or wanted the show gone, why give a preview? What purpose would it serve if you are just canning the show anyway or could care less about it? There is no other reason for an NBC exec to give the preview. Corday could've still done it on vacation. Most of the time interviews are done via phone. He could've just called in or had Higley do it or just not done one at all or put out delayed ones later.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Aug 20 2008, 08:10 PM
PhoenixRising05
One story... that's what Days is anymore. Just one gloppy, boring mess of cum flying and whores intermingling all over the place.
Uh...no.

They don't just do one story. It's ok not to like Higley or whatever but what you just said isn't even true. The show has various stories going on, some that even intersect. You don't have to like them but they are there. Under Hogan last summer, there were only like two stories. I didn't mind it but I know others did.

And I still don't consider what is going on bedhopping. Not like we saw with JER when Carrie was banging both Lucas and Austin at once while Austin was banging both Carrie and Sami at once. That is bedhopping.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 20 2008, 08:14 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Since this is on the Second Chances page, they've just typed up the Lucas, Sami, EJ, Nicole stuff..We should the other stories previews tomorrow or later today..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I figured as much. They always do that, which shows a problem in and of itself as it ties into some fans only caring about certain characters.

I hate when these previews come out. Sure, I read them but they aren't effective at all. They don't give you enough and in the current soap environment, they only serve as a reason to bash. Seriously, I can't recall the last time previews like this ever made someone want to watch. I know this year's 2008 previews were ok but even then we didn't get much detail. I think alot depends on how each person feels about the show. If you like it, then you will feel ok with the show no matter what the previews say. If you hate the show at the moment, then the previews won't interest you regardless.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kevc1980
Aug 20 2008, 08:15 PM
Since this is on the Second Chances page, they've just typed up the Lucas, Sami, EJ, Nicole stuff..We should the other stories previews tomorrow or later today..
To be honest...I'm scared to look.

Ellie

EW ran an article in May about Days' Emmy nominations, and Bruce Evans gave the interview for that. Perhaps NBC for whatever reason has decided to use him for these types of things.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yeah. I remember thinking that was a good sign. I want someone from NBC involved. Say what you want about Kalouria but he gave off the impression that he cared about the two NBC soaps and tried some things. I know he helped force JER on Days but still. He showed interest in the shows. Evans seems interested too so I take that as a plus.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 20 2008, 08:19 PM
Kevc1980
Aug 20 2008, 08:15 PM
To be honest...I'm scared to look.
Honestly, it's not much. They basically just say, "More of the same bullshit you've seen all summer will be dragged into the fall as well. Sami continues to flip-flop between Lucas/EJ. Nicole and EJ continue to have a connection. Morgan continues liking Phillip. Nothing new or exciting -- tune in!"

Just a continuation of the same mindless, boring drivel we've seen all summer long.

Hot Days of Summer my ass. I'm so pissed at the state of the show right now I could just scream.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2008, 08:23 PM
Evans seems interested too so I take that as a plus.
I agree, I don't see how it could be a negative.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply