Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Daniel & Kate's affair exposed
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 07:49 AM (4,509 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Chelsea's blossoming romance with Daniel comes to a screeching halt this week, when she learns about his affair with her sexy granny, Kate.

"Chelsea's extremely hurt and annoyed," says Rachel Melvin (Chelsea). "How many people's boyfriends have been with their elders? She can't believe this has happened, again."

The revelation is set in motion after Chelsea surprises Daniel at his apartment and tells him she wants to make love.

"Daniel is completely into it," says Melvin. "He goes to do something in another room for a second and his phone beeps. Chelsea it's a page from the hospital. So she checks it and sees it's a text message from Kate. It says something like, 'Thanks for the other night. We can never let Chelsea know.'" When Daniel returns, Chelsea confronts him about the text.

"Chelsea jumps to conclusions and is pretty upset," notes Melvin. "Daniel tries to explain, but Chelsea's hell-bent on getting out of there. She storms out in a huff." Guess who Chelsea goes to confront. "She lays into Kate, because Kate knows what happened between Billie and Nick," says Melvin. "How could she do something like this to Chelsea again? Of course, Kate acts like she doesn't know what Chelsea is talking about, which only infuriates her more. All Chelsea wants is for someone to tell her the truth."

She gets her wish - well, sort of - when Daniel finds the two ladies and 'fesses up to his fling with Kate. Daniel explains that it happened before he and Chelsea were together; Kate insists she didn't think her grand daughter's crush on Daniel was serious back then.

"Chelsea's more upset with Kate, because she knows her history," points out Melvin, noting her character is pretty ticked at Daniel, too. "Chelsea's whole point is they both knew she had feelings for Daniel. So even though they weren't cheating on her, they were still hurting her." Daniel pleads for Chelsea's forgiveness.

"Daniel's very genuine in his apology and his defense of his innocence, but Chelsea is still hurt," contends Melvin. "She's afraid that if Daniel hurt her like this so early on in their relationship, it can only get worse as her feelings for him become more intense. She doesn't want to go through something like this again, just a million times worse."

Still, Daniel insists he and Chelsea can get past this. "Part of Chelsea is like, 'Are you kidding me?' She tells Daniel they can't," sighs Melvin. "But Chelsea just needs time. Her head is telling her not to forgive Daniel, but the heart definitely wants to."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Man, I really think it's time to send the Daniel character packing. He's such a bore. There's nothing interesting about him. He's just your generic, everyday cardboard soap hunk cutout. No defining characteristics or anything interesting that makes him unique or watchable. Just... blah.

Reunite Chelsea with Nick (and slowly... they really need to re-build their relationship after the way she treated him) and put them in a good story of their own. Daniel is dead weight and needs to be cut.

Thanks for posting, Jon!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Seriously if there was any ways to make Chan any WORSE was to introduce granny sex and then let Chelsea "get past it". Nothing here would make any of the non fans jump begin liking the couple.

How many chances do Chan get? We've been subjected to them for 6 months now and the show has made mistake after mistake after mistake and turned away more fans than turned on any. Let them die. Now.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

*yawns* Thanks Jonny

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Can Kate PLEASE get away from these two assholes? Please? She comes out looking the worst in all this and it's only to fucking give Chan even more conflict? Can they just END already?!

I feel sick. I literally feel sick to my stomach.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

It is annoying they use Kate this way....her big sl is a big let down.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

You know I'm going to look at the bright side. The reveal came out just in time to prevent chan from doing it. And really is anyone else bothered that Dan is just so guilt free in covering up his relationship with Kate, then turning right around and doing her granddaughter like nothing ever happened?

FanODays

Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 08:05 AM
You know I'm going to look at the bright side. The reveal came out just in time to prevent chan from doing it. And really is anyone else bothered that Dan is just so guilt free in covering up his relationship with Kate, then turning right around and doing her granddaughter like nothing ever happened?

Exactly, the idea of Chan sex really grosses me out. The idea of Chan period grosses me out actually.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I had such high hopes for the character of Daniel - he had all the right stuff but the writing and pairings killed it!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Tripp

For which I am eternally grateful.

I think I could watch Granny Danny sex a lot easier than Chan sex. Ugh, just ugh!!!!!!!!!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

pspcindy
Aug 21 2008, 10:46 AM
Tripp

For which I am eternally grateful.

I think I could watch Granny Danny sex a lot easier than Chan sex. Ugh, just ugh!!!!!!!!!
So true and DAMN if they still haven't given us any flashbacks to that. Do you know how I suffered watching Steve and Ava grope each other in their flashbacks? And that doesn't cover the channage we've been forced to endure.

I have no idea if Date moving forward is possible at all, it may not be (a pity since LK and SC do have loads of chemistry and it's time Kate got a love interest) but if they aren't, can we at least see them going at it?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds like a re-write to me.

The Chan thing was put on ice for most of the summer and now it returns and it's exposed in a random way via a text message. I'm happy it's out and I do like that it stops them from doing it but I would've liked this to happen a little more dramatically, like in public or something. Whatever. The story sucked to begin with and, hopefully, this takes us in a better direction. I look forward to seeing Rachel and Lauren's performances here. That should be good.

As for Daniel, I think it's time to get rid of him too and, honestly, I think he is gone when his contract expires. I think he's only with the show for a year or something. It's a shame because I like SC and the show needs new blood (especially in his age bracket and the show could definitely use him as a doctor) but after an ok start, the character just took a nosedive with the Chan romance. He's just become a sleaze and he's even lost his edge to an extent. I won't say he can't be salvaged but it will be hard to make people like him.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 11:09 AM

The Chan thing was put on ice for most of the summer and now it returns and it's exposed in a random way via a text message. I'm happy it's out and I do like that it stops them from doing it but I would've liked this to happen a little more dramatically, like in public or something. Whatever. The story sucked to begin with and, hopefully, this takes us in a better direction. I look forward to seeing Rachel and Lauren's performances here. That should be good.

As for Daniel, I think it's time to get rid of him too and, honestly, I think he is gone when his contract expires. I think he's only with the show for a year or something. It's a shame because I like SC and the show needs new blood (especially in his age bracket and the show could definitely use him as a doctor) but after an ok start, the character just took a nosedive with the Chan romance. He's just become a sleaze and he's even lost his edge to an extent. I won't say he can't be salvaged but it will be hard to make people like him.
I wouldn't complain if they wrote him off. With how much propping they did with him to begin with I wouldn't mind he leave in a world of scandal or something.

And it's a shame because this might shock everyone but I was looking forward to him too. How long did we need a guy in this generation to be hired? But to go and stick him (in the most awkward way possible) with the youngest character (at the time).

I can't figure out if he was always meant to be for Chelsea or maybe Billie. The original screen test sounded like a woman with a daughter he saved. Since we know they never did a screen test they never used that script so maybe it was leftover from Hogan. There were rumors for a long time they wanted to fill a part for a doctor on the show.

But then they got rid of JP and looked around and jumped at the chance to hire SC who was really wrong if he was meant to be opposite RM. They should never have attempted to ignore the obvious age difference, they could have actually used that to write a decent story (provided they ended Chick beforehand).

zyona

Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 11:14 AM
PhoenixRising05

I wouldn't complain if they wrote him off. With how much propping they did with him to begin with I wouldn't mind he leave in a world of scandal or something.

And it's a shame because this might shock everyone but I was looking forward to him too. How long did we need a guy in this generation to be hired? But to go and stick him (in the most awkward way possible) with the youngest character (at the time).

I can't figure out if he was always meant to be for Chelsea or maybe Billie. The original screen test sounded like a woman with a daughter he saved. Since we know they never did a screen test they never used that script so maybe it was leftover from Hogan. There were rumors for a long time they wanted to fill a part for a doctor on the show.

But then they got rid of JP and looked around and jumped at the chance to hire SC who was really wrong if he was meant to be opposite RM. They should never have attempted to ignore the obvious age difference, they could have actually used that to write a decent story (provided they ended Chick beforehand).
for the first time i do agree with you, they should've end nick and chelsea prior to daniel and chelsea, because we can see they were drifting apart, but tripp i still think after some groveling in Daniel part they can get the couple back, because i really want Nick to have a new start with Melanie, don't you think so?
Edited by zyona, Aug 21 2008, 11:24 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

zyona
Aug 21 2008, 11:23 AM
for the first time i do agree with you, they should've end nick and chelsea prior to daniel and chelsea, because we can see they were drifting apart, but tripp i still think after some groveling they can get the couple back, because i really want Nick to have a new start with Melanie, don't you think so?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking that Chan can get back together or Chick?

I'm fine with Nick getting a new start with Melanie and many feel it may be Chick 2.0 since she's a bad girl but as a Chick fan I can't deny there were huge issues in their story (Thanks Hogan). If Dena would be patient she could really attempt to do a good story here, providing Blake and Molly have chemistry.

And if they had ended Chick, that would have done wonders for me. I still do'nt get how hard that would have been. They already had tension from the Ford Fallout and I think all you had to do was have Nick be the one to cool off first. It isn't surprising given Chelsea is his first girlfriend that maybe he could have realized that now after being together with her the relationship is not what it is cracked up to be, and he could have preferred to spend more time with his grant.

Then with everything Chelsea was going through in Feb...Nick feels like a jerk if he brought up their drifting apart now but he is there for her. After the surgery we could have had that talk he and Chelsea had to be have been the "breakup" talk with Chelsea asking him and he admitting things had changed but he still will always love her and be there for her. Chelsea in turn could have given him the props he deserved by saying if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have been the kind of person to have even gone through with the surgery. It would have left them as friends, but down the road the flame could have rekindled much easier if the show wanted that.

I really do think Chan is over. The show could have done a lot with Daniel and even Chelsea (if they had skipped out on the insta love and forget Chelsea's hero worship) together as a couple but they went for their typical fast food type romance which really wound up backfiring big time.

Edited by Tripp, Aug 21 2008, 11:34 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 11:14 AM
PhoenixRising05

It was pretty clear he was for Billie. I recall when Pinson was fired setsiders said publicly they were shocked because they thought the new doctor would be for her. Then we heard rumors from one mag that he may even come between Bo and Hope. It was confusing because they really hinted at things with him and Lexie, Chelsea, and Kate. You didn't know where they would go. Sure, most of the time he interacted with Chelsea but there were these moments with Lexie that made you wonder, at least up until May. I often wonder if what happened to Daniel was a result of Higley vs Scott. Maybe there was a constant disagreement over where to go with him. My belief is that maybe Ed tossed Kate in there as he is a friend of Lauren's. I do think that they just wanted to bring the character on and figured they could find someone for him and, more or less, I think they were out of story for Chick and took the lazy way out and broke them up. The breakup was handled horribly as there was a distance that could've been used. I do think Chan may have worked had they not pushed them together so fast and had they not made Chelsea treat Nick the way she did. Then the age difference comes into play far too late. I mean, I really do think there was a conflict behind the scenes over this because this story never really had a flow and there were red herrings all over the place. I think the show realizes the mess the Chan stuff is because they never even publicly pimped them, they were nowhere to be seen in the summer promo, and their screentime was cut down alot of late. Now, we have Chelsea going to France and getting pissed about Nick and Melanie, which tells me they are moving her away from Dan and back into the group she should be with at this point.

zyona

Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 11:31 AM
zyona
Aug 21 2008, 11:23 AM
for the first time i do agree with you, they should've end nick and chelsea prior to daniel and chelsea, because we can see they were drifting apart, but tripp i still think after some groveling they can get the couple back, because i really want Nick to have a new start with Melanie, don't you think so?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking that Chan can get back together or Chick?

I'm fine with Nick getting a new start with Melanie and many feel it may be Chick 2.0 since she's a bad girl but as a Chick fan I can't deny there were huge issues in their story (Thanks Hogan). If Dena would be patient she could really attempt to do a good story here, providing Blake and Molly have chemistry.

And if they had ended Chick, that would have done wonders for me. I still do'nt get how hard that would have been. They already had tension from the Ford Fallout and I think all you had to do was have Nick be the one to cool off first. It isn't surprising given Chelsea is his first girlfriend that maybe he could have realized that now after being together with her the relationship is not what it is cracked up to be, and he could have preferred to spend more time with his grant.

Then with everything Chelsea was going through in Feb...Nick feels like a jerk if he brought up their drifting apart now but he is there for her. After the surgery we could have had that talk he and Chelsea had to be have been the "breakup" talk with Chelsea asking him and he admitting things had changed but he still will always love her and be there for her. Chelsea in turn could have given him the props he deserved by saying if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have been the kind of person to have even gone through with the surgery. It would have left them as friends, but down the road the flame could have rekindled much easier if the show wanted that.

I really do think Chan is over. The show could have done a lot with Daniel and even Chelsea (if they had skipped out on the insta love and forget Chelsea's hero worship) together as a couple but they went for their typical fast food type romance which really wound up backfiring big time.

i don't think it is the end of daniel and chelsea, but now that she will have the upper hand on daniel because of his affair with kate, and also him admiting to hope that he loves chelsea,they can make the story where he grovel to get her back and after a little sweating her i think she can forgive him and they can work on their relationship minus kate.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Please, i just don't give two shits about Chan--there time could be given to a MUCH better couple like Steve/Kayla

zyona

Charmqn
Aug 21 2008, 12:16 PM
Please, i just don't give two shits about Chan--there time could be given to a MUCH better couple like Steve/Kayla
that is your opinion and i disagree with you, because some of us do give a shit about daniel and chelsea.
Edited by zyona, Aug 21 2008, 01:06 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

The end of SC's contract can't come soon enough for me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply