Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Daniel & Kate's affair exposed
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 07:49 AM (4,510 Views)
FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 11:35 AM
Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 11:14 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 11:09 AM
Sounds like a re-write to me.

The Chan thing was put on ice for most of the summer and now it returns and it's exposed in a random way via a text message. I'm happy it's out and I do like that it stops them from doing it but I would've liked this to happen a little more dramatically, like in public or something. Whatever. The story sucked to begin with and, hopefully, this takes us in a better direction. I look forward to seeing Rachel and Lauren's performances here. That should be good.

As for Daniel, I think it's time to get rid of him too and, honestly, I think he is gone when his contract expires. I think he's only with the show for a year or something. It's a shame because I like SC and the show needs new blood (especially in his age bracket and the show could definitely use him as a doctor) but after an ok start, the character just took a nosedive with the Chan romance. He's just become a sleaze and he's even lost his edge to an extent. I won't say he can't be salvaged but it will be hard to make people like him.
I wouldn't complain if they wrote him off. With how much propping they did with him to begin with I wouldn't mind he leave in a world of scandal or something.

And it's a shame because this might shock everyone but I was looking forward to him too. How long did we need a guy in this generation to be hired? But to go and stick him (in the most awkward way possible) with the youngest character (at the time).

I can't figure out if he was always meant to be for Chelsea or maybe Billie. The original screen test sounded like a woman with a daughter he saved. Since we know they never did a screen test they never used that script so maybe it was leftover from Hogan. There were rumors for a long time they wanted to fill a part for a doctor on the show.

But then they got rid of JP and looked around and jumped at the chance to hire SC who was really wrong if he was meant to be opposite RM. They should never have attempted to ignore the obvious age difference, they could have actually used that to write a decent story (provided they ended Chick beforehand).
It was pretty clear he was for Billie. I recall when Pinson was fired setsiders said publicly they were shocked because they thought the new doctor would be for her. Then we heard rumors from one mag that he may even come between Bo and Hope. It was confusing because they really hinted at things with him and Lexie, Chelsea, and Kate. You didn't know where they would go. Sure, most of the time he interacted with Chelsea but there were these moments with Lexie that made you wonder, at least up until May. I often wonder if what happened to Daniel was a result of Higley vs Scott. Maybe there was a constant disagreement over where to go with him. My belief is that maybe Ed tossed Kate in there as he is a friend of Lauren's. I do think that they just wanted to bring the character on and figured they could find someone for him and, more or less, I think they were out of story for Chick and took the lazy way out and broke them up. The breakup was handled horribly as there was a distance that could've been used. I do think Chan may have worked had they not pushed them together so fast and had they not made Chelsea treat Nick the way she did. Then the age difference comes into play far too late. I mean, I really do think there was a conflict behind the scenes over this because this story never really had a flow and there were red herrings all over the place. I think the show realizes the mess the Chan stuff is because they never even publicly pimped them, they were nowhere to be seen in the summer promo, and their screentime was cut down alot of late. Now, we have Chelsea going to France and getting pissed about Nick and Melanie, which tells me they are moving her away from Dan and back into the group she should be with at this point.
I don't really give a rat's ass who Dr. God was for, I just want him gone. SC is a stud but the character is shallow, annoying, a creep, immature and just gross.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

FanODays
Aug 21 2008, 01:17 PM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 11:35 AM
Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 11:14 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 11:09 AM
Sounds like a re-write to me.

The Chan thing was put on ice for most of the summer and now it returns and it's exposed in a random way via a text message. I'm happy it's out and I do like that it stops them from doing it but I would've liked this to happen a little more dramatically, like in public or something. Whatever. The story sucked to begin with and, hopefully, this takes us in a better direction. I look forward to seeing Rachel and Lauren's performances here. That should be good.

As for Daniel, I think it's time to get rid of him too and, honestly, I think he is gone when his contract expires. I think he's only with the show for a year or something. It's a shame because I like SC and the show needs new blood (especially in his age bracket and the show could definitely use him as a doctor) but after an ok start, the character just took a nosedive with the Chan romance. He's just become a sleaze and he's even lost his edge to an extent. I won't say he can't be salvaged but it will be hard to make people like him.
I wouldn't complain if they wrote him off. With how much propping they did with him to begin with I wouldn't mind he leave in a world of scandal or something.

And it's a shame because this might shock everyone but I was looking forward to him too. How long did we need a guy in this generation to be hired? But to go and stick him (in the most awkward way possible) with the youngest character (at the time).

I can't figure out if he was always meant to be for Chelsea or maybe Billie. The original screen test sounded like a woman with a daughter he saved. Since we know they never did a screen test they never used that script so maybe it was leftover from Hogan. There were rumors for a long time they wanted to fill a part for a doctor on the show.

But then they got rid of JP and looked around and jumped at the chance to hire SC who was really wrong if he was meant to be opposite RM. They should never have attempted to ignore the obvious age difference, they could have actually used that to write a decent story (provided they ended Chick beforehand).
It was pretty clear he was for Billie. I recall when Pinson was fired setsiders said publicly they were shocked because they thought the new doctor would be for her. Then we heard rumors from one mag that he may even come between Bo and Hope. It was confusing because they really hinted at things with him and Lexie, Chelsea, and Kate. You didn't know where they would go. Sure, most of the time he interacted with Chelsea but there were these moments with Lexie that made you wonder, at least up until May. I often wonder if what happened to Daniel was a result of Higley vs Scott. Maybe there was a constant disagreement over where to go with him. My belief is that maybe Ed tossed Kate in there as he is a friend of Lauren's. I do think that they just wanted to bring the character on and figured they could find someone for him and, more or less, I think they were out of story for Chick and took the lazy way out and broke them up. The breakup was handled horribly as there was a distance that could've been used. I do think Chan may have worked had they not pushed them together so fast and had they not made Chelsea treat Nick the way she did. Then the age difference comes into play far too late. I mean, I really do think there was a conflict behind the scenes over this because this story never really had a flow and there were red herrings all over the place. I think the show realizes the mess the Chan stuff is because they never even publicly pimped them, they were nowhere to be seen in the summer promo, and their screentime was cut down alot of late. Now, we have Chelsea going to France and getting pissed about Nick and Melanie, which tells me they are moving her away from Dan and back into the group she should be with at this point.
I don't really give a rat's ass who Dr. God was for, I just want him gone. SC is a stud but the character is shallow, annoying, a creep, immature and just gross.
You are so right

anligirl

I am happy to hear the new that Daniel finally confesses to Chelsea. I like this couple a lot and think that soon this couple will be back on track in a good relationship. Shawn and Rachel have a lot of chemistry on screen and I believe they will be the next DAys SUPERCOUPLE. A lot of fans are really intrigued by this couple so I think we need to give them a chance. I see the hint of a lot of storyline changes that will make the show more interesting.
Edited by anligirl, Aug 21 2008, 02:27 PM.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Chan is not going to be the next supercouple...keep that little dream, cause its not going to happen. The faster Chan is off the tv screen the better.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Uh, they need to just get rid of this story, and reunite Chelsea with Nick.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Chelsea needs to stay away from Nick for a long time...I want to see how Nick and Melanie work.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

anligirl
Aug 21 2008, 02:26 PM
I am happy to hear the new that Daniel finally confesses to Chelsea. I like this couple a lot and think that soon this couple will be back on track in a good relationship. Shawn and Rachel have a lot of chemistry on screen and I believe they will be the next DAys SUPERCOUPLE. A lot of fans are really intrigued by this couple so I think we need to give them a chance. I see the hint of a lot of storyline changes that will make the show more interesting.
Dan & Chelsea will never be a supercouple. The average viewer could care less about Chan.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The day Chan becomes a supercouple is the day I really do quit Days for good!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 21 2008, 03:32 PM
The day Chan becomes a supercouple is the day I really do quit Days for good!
you and me both :P

kpuma

I'm an average viewer - and I like Daniel and Chelsea.

Mason
Member Avatar

Chan the next big supercouple?

LMFAO! That's too funny! :roflol:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

anligirl
A lot of fans are really intrigued by this couple so I think we need to give them a chance.
A lot of fans? Where, Terry's chamber of insanity?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kirk
Aug 21 2008, 04:19 PM
anligirl
A lot of fans are really intrigued by this couple so I think we need to give them a chance.
A lot of fans? Where, Terry's chamber of insanity?
:roflol:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Honestly, i think Dena thought the audience would like a patient and doctor falling for each other like Izzy and George on Greys..But Chelsea went from being a very likeable character to a stalker going after Daniel, when she already had a great guy in her life..These two haven't been liked from the start..And i think Dena and NBC realized that..Which is why we haven't seen much of them since late June and they weren't in the Summer of Romance promo..

I think they threw in the Kate and Daniel affair, to be something that could break up Chelsea and Dan..And we are finally going to get to see Chelsea interacting with the group where she belongs..

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I like the idea of this big secret popping out. The only downside to it is we have to see more of Chelsea whining and complaining and probably clinging to Nick again.

Mason
Member Avatar

I just hope Nick doesn't give Chelsea the time of day.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Aug 21 2008, 07:37 PM
I just hope Nick doesn't give Chelsea the time of day.
Oh me too. I'd like to believe Nick has changed. But. Chelsea is his love!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

zyona
Aug 21 2008, 01:05 PM
Charmqn
Aug 21 2008, 12:16 PM
Please, i just don't give two shits about Chan--there time could be given to a MUCH better couple like Steve/Kayla
that is your opinion and i disagree with you, because some of us do give a shit about daniel and chelsea.
Well, actually, I don't like them, either. I agree with Charmqn. The whole Chan thing was poorly done from the start. (And, NO, it's not the age difference thing, except for maybe emotional maturity age).
And they can't bounce back and forth trying to make both sides happy. Like my dear old mama says "They either gotta shit or get off the pot". If it seems that Chan is turning off a lot of viewers, they can't keep Chan for a few who want them on. And, I honestly don't think they're a hit. Now, I'm basing this on comments from board, and from people who give pretty doggone good backing to their feelings.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 21 2008, 07:48 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 21 2008, 04:09 PM

Darn right!!

Dang. I hate the way the term "supercouple" is thrown at just any old two people on this show just because a few live for them and only for them. When Chan make the cover of Time or get bombarded at New Orleans, then I'll rethink my position.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

ladyofthelake
Aug 21 2008, 07:50 PM
Mason
Aug 21 2008, 04:09 PM

Darn right!!

Dang. I hate the way the term "supercouple" is thrown at just any old two people on this show just because a few live for them and only for them. When Chan make the cover of Time or get bombarded at New Orleans, then I'll rethink my position.
Don't give Terry ideas.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply